Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: I need more megabeasts  (Read 1941 times)

Lamphare

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: I need more megabeasts
« Reply #15 on: April 16, 2011, 07:13:56 pm »

-giant animated chessmen/woman? made of marble or something even harder to kill, oh armok dont make them steel. yield masterpiece statue after death. semi-mega beasts.
-great race of yith, their form on Earth. semi-mega beast.
-Chinese long(or lung, depends on schools of romanisation). basically a superior type of being shaped like a giant serpent, with claws, often associating with water bodies, also can roam in midair. probably semi-mega beast.
-sphinx?
-typhon. a hundred of heads. many arteries to cut.
-cerberus. a family reunion!
-a hill-sized slime?
-lotr ents. i mean, they are gigantic and extremely long-lived, immune to most types of conventional attacks(dealt by creature of dwarven size) and sentient.
-huge tortoise which bears a small island on its back.
-firebird. it's a popular mythological creature through out many cultures, afaik. though the revival of phoenix could be hard to implement.
-big bee? size of a soccer ball but...necrosis sting! and it doesnt not die after stinging something. well just as a regular dangerous beast maybe.
-warrior from valhalla. maybe even not a beast at all. despite how and why it get out of there, it had been a great warrior when it was alive, and it'd been sparring everyday after its death in valhalla. since it's dead but not undead, it possess, still, flesh and bones, though it suffers no pain, fear nor fatigue. it also mastered out every single possible combat skill, and quite superhuman attributes.

basically i think, you can upscale any ordinary creature to a mythological/fantastical dimension and give it one or two strong points... there, a new (semi)mega beast.

taodih

• Bay Watcher
  • Aye
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: April 17, 2011, 05:21:59 am »

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_legendary_creatures_from_Japan

japanese "yokai" come in great variaty , you should find something that fit's your fancy =P
Aye

ArKFallen

• Bay Watcher
  • Bohandean Desserter
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: April 17, 2011, 12:44:34 pm »

I've created a Cerberus Megabeast. The creature will require 2 files (or just put them in the correct vanilla ones) a body on and a creature one. Here it is:
Spoiler: Creature (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Body (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Note: (click to show/hide)

Thank the gods for the remove formatting button!
Hm, have you considered murder?  It's either that or letting it go.
SigText
I logged back on ;_;

Jeoshua

• Bay Watcher
  • God help me, I think I may be addicted to modding.
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: April 17, 2011, 01:13:19 pm »

I like the cerbeus, but I'm not sure how I feel about it being able to one-hit a Hydra.  Scary.
I like fortresses because they are still underground.

ArKFallen

• Bay Watcher
  • Bohandean Desserter
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: April 17, 2011, 02:08:21 pm »

Not one hit but the Hydra can barely scratch it! The Hydra just can't bite through all the Cerberus's muscle. Then we add in that whenever the Hydra gets in a good blow it usually heals after a few days (for muscles only) and their battles do last days.
And this is why the battles end in a lot of flesh wounds and a broken bone for the Cerberus every now and again.

Next up I'll try Typhon...
Edit4or5: Heathen gods! Ohh I'm gonna have to do  this from scratch (roundabout) aren't I? It'll be fun.
Edit6or7:I'm not doing Typhon... it'll be Typhon and Echidna... as one creature... that can breed...
EditLast:It's a no go. Good luck!
« Last Edit: April 18, 2011, 11:03:41 am by ArKFallen »
Hm, have you considered murder?  It's either that or letting it go.
SigText
I logged back on ;_;

MasterMorality

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: April 18, 2011, 08:49:50 am »

Invent your own.
Pages: 1 [2]