Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Glitch in adventure mode and arena.  (Read 615 times)

Sorrow Fox

• Bay Watcher
  • In the end... was it really worth it?
    • View Profile
Glitch in adventure mode and arena.
« on: April 14, 2011, 06:50:20 pm »

Ok I died in adventure mode right? I drowned in water. You Are deceased. "Your upper body is gone." it happens at every death if I view my description after I die. in Arena mode If I view an corpse the same thing is shown, Is it just me? (Ive yet to check dwarf fortress mode, still getting used to it.)

Jeoshua

• Bay Watcher
  • God help me, I think I may be addicted to modding.
    • View Profile
Re: Glitch in adventure mode and arena.
« Reply #1 on: April 14, 2011, 06:55:12 pm »

No that's normal for every dead humanoid, I believe.  Depending on how they're created, maybe even non-humanoids, too.

It's not so much of a bug, as it is saying "He's dead" in a weird way.
I like fortresses because they are still underground.

Sorrow Fox

• Bay Watcher
  • In the end... was it really worth it?
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 14, 2011, 07:04:10 pm »

Ah~ I see. Thanks Appreciate it.

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 16, 2011, 07:38:55 pm »

Everything. Whales, I've seen and can confirm. Probably even blobs, but I haven't killed one except in adventure mode, where I can't look at critter descriptions postmortem.
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

Deon

• Bay Watcher
  • 💀 💀 💀 💀 💀
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 17, 2011, 10:12:17 am »

I think it happens because you look at a soul or something like that. Toady said that souls/personalities are now independent of their physical bodies (so a personality transition is already possible, or a creature with two souls). I think the body becomes an item and loses its "connection" to the soul, that is a theory of the "upper body is gone" message. It may be something else though.

In any case, it means that the section of the wounds starts with the upperbody and then looks at connected bodyparts. Since the upperbody is gone the other parts are not checked, so maybe it's a clever way to stop showing wounds on dead creatures.
▬(ஜ۩۞۩ஜ)▬
✫ DF Wanderer ✫ - the adventure mode crafting and tweaks
✫ Cartographer's Lounge ✫ - a custom worldgen repository