Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4

Author Topic: WTF Adamantine sword location?  (Read 5110 times)

VeriDF

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: WTF Adamantine sword location?
« Reply #15 on: April 14, 2011, 01:26:29 pm »

When you find it, just keep in mind what might have set up the place before you do anything rash.
You can be proud of you, now I'm a bit worried.

But hey, I expected it. I'm in in this map: http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=82005.0

Sir Crashalot

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: April 14, 2011, 01:43:34 pm »

I would recommend backing up your saved game once you are ready to proceed.
It is certainly worth doing once but if you don't know what to expect it can hurt... a lot.  :o

Ahrimahn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: April 14, 2011, 01:47:59 pm »

Owned by somebody?  Nah, I was able to just go in and grab it.  There were some creatures guarding mine, but they were pretty easy to kill.
Its usually lots of zombies arm the dwarfs with swords and you should be okay.

elpizo

• Bay Watcher
  • DOWN WE GO!
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: April 14, 2011, 02:12:21 pm »

as long as you have a few traps in your fortress you should be ok, troglodytes aren't that strong

Darvi

• Bay Watcher
  • <Cript> Darvi is my wifi.
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: April 14, 2011, 02:20:45 pm »

Eh, there's nothing that magma can't handle. Except maybe that.

Megaman3321

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm everywhere but this Universe
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: April 14, 2011, 02:22:13 pm »

You really don't need to set up. Just dig straight for the sword. That's all you'll need for setup :D
Glacial on dwarves being assigned socks:
You see, here's how I think this works:
Overseer: Welcome to the military! You need to wear socks! Dorf: Oh, I should get military socks. My socks are civilian socks. Dorf discards socks Dorf: You know, I need a whole lot of gear now. I should get socks... last. Oh, but these steel boots with the white goo on them are nice!
I know you can pick up water, then throw said water, while underwater, to kill a fish -He_Silent_H

Sting_Auer

• Bay Watcher
  • [LIKES_WAR_DOG_HORDES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: April 14, 2011, 02:56:12 pm »

The candy with the clown inside is very !!!FUN!!!

There are some zombies around the circus, so you should arm your dwarves with weapons and armor.

The Clowns in the Circus can get a bit excited sometimes, so you should set up some walls and fortifications to keep them in while they entertain you.
Thank you everyone for the help! I've since flooded the fortress I was working on and now have a new one going up.

bayonder

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: April 14, 2011, 03:08:17 pm »

Arm a full squad of dwarves with decent swords and armor and have at it, they should be able to take care of the zombies guarding the sword, then claim your prize. You're lucky, most maps don't have a nice juicy adamantine sword waiting for you, seize the day man. And to all those naysayers, shame on you, April fools day was nearly two weeks ago, let the man have his fun.

Sting_Auer

• Bay Watcher
  • [LIKES_WAR_DOG_HORDES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: April 14, 2011, 03:10:46 pm »

Just in case you are prone to ragequits, I reccomend you go to the dwarf fortress wiki and look up Adamantite.

But don't go there unless you are absolutely ragequit prone. It's much better to learn from experience, not from words.
Thank you everyone for the help! I've since flooded the fortress I was working on and now have a new one going up.

BuGGaTon

• Bay Watcher
  • Fake Dorfly Mentor
    • View Profile
    • BoredGamer
« Reply #24 on: April 14, 2011, 03:14:07 pm »

TAKE IT!
Have any gameplay questions?  Try asking me during a live stream for a quick and helpful, yet derogatory reply!  Bloody elves.

http://www.twitch.tv/boredgameruk

EmperorJon

• Bay Watcher
  • Still waiting...
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: April 14, 2011, 03:27:13 pm »

Yeah, go on. If you're worried about ragequits and such, then read about it. Otherwise, just save the game, take the sword, and watch... ;)
I think it's the way towns develop now. In the beginning, people move into a town. Then they start producing tables, which results in more and more tables. Soon tables represent a significant portion of the population, they start lobbying for new laws and regulations, putting people to greater and greater disadvantage...
Link for full quote. 'tis mighty funny.

SpiralDimentia

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: April 14, 2011, 03:38:42 pm »

Seriously guys, why go with all the 'Oh yeah, you'll be fine'. Look, you all know it'll be the death of his fort. Is it really fair to mess his game up?

Click my signature link, receive anwer.

Not everyone gets mad when something like that happens. Infact, it may very well be the best option. :D
Dragonwork, A Successful Failure.
Legacy of Insightshields
Many more made tales in this hall,
before the stronghold found it's fall.
An enemy none could stop or yield,
had taken over Insightshields.

elpizo

• Bay Watcher
  • DOWN WE GO!
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: April 14, 2011, 04:30:26 pm »

yep, you're fortress is epic, i hoped he would do something like it but does'nt look like it
Seriously guys, why go with all the 'Oh yeah, you'll be fine'. Look, you all know it'll be the death of his fort. Is it really fair to mess his game up?

Not everyone gets mad when something like that happens. Infact, it may very well be the best option. :D

VeriDF

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: April 14, 2011, 04:34:38 pm »

Woooow, that had to be sooooo damn epic. I didn't know that it's HFS's entrance. Damn, I'm not sure if I have to thank you or not, but one thing is evident: you saved my fortress.

Sir Crashalot

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: April 14, 2011, 04:38:51 pm »

It is still worth having a go at it just for the experience, just make sure you are prepared and back up your saved game. :)
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4