Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2 3 4

Author Topic: WTF Adamantine sword location?  (Read 5111 times)

VeriDF

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
WTF Adamantine sword location?
« on: April 14, 2011, 10:54:25 am »

I was on my way to link my Upright Spike traps with a lever (yeah, preparing Danger room) and when I was at the "choose a trap" menu this thing appeared:
http://i1218.photobucket.com/albums/dd417/Veri_mesp/as.jpg

Is that a bug? Hidden adamantine sword (trap)?

Lytha

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: WTF Adamantine sword location?
« Reply #1 on: April 14, 2011, 10:57:45 am »

You need to dig to it and find out.
Lytha likes fire clay, rose gold, green glass, bags, the colour midnight blue, and cats for their aloofness. When possible, she prefers to consume tea and cow cheese.

ragman le bon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 14, 2011, 10:59:27 am »

And don't read any more replies until you do  :)

Ahrimahn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 14, 2011, 11:02:25 am »

Stuff like this can randomly pop up in certain types of caverns the bug is the fact that it alerts you that its there despite not having found the cavern.

Dwarfoloid

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 14, 2011, 11:05:48 am »

You should dig a path to it and assign it to your danger room.

SpiralDimentia

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 14, 2011, 11:16:42 am »

Yeah, it's sorta like telling you that you have treasure, just not where it is. All you have to do is find it.
Dragonwork, A Successful Failure.
Legacy of Insightshields
Many more made tales in this hall,
before the stronghold found it's fall.
An enemy none could stop or yield,
had taken over Insightshields.

Graebeard

• Bay Watcher
  • The reasonable penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 14, 2011, 11:24:58 am »

Those things are really useful, particularly if it's masterwork.  A Swordsdwarf with one of those guys in hand is a sight to behold.  I'd say grab it before the next siege arrives.
At last, she is done.

shadenight123

• Bay Watcher
  • Death. To all. Except my dwarves.
    • View Profile
    • My Twitter
« Reply #7 on: April 14, 2011, 11:39:28 am »

no don't do it! adamantine is the source of all evil!!! that sword might just as well be in the hands of hollistic himself! run for your life away from theree runnnn...

cough.
turning back to the topic, i'd be careful getting there. really careful. caves are scary places  :'(
“Well,” he said. “We’re in the Forgotten hunting grounds I take it. Your screams just woke them up early. Congratulations, Lyara.”
“Do something!” she whispered, trying to keep her sight on all of them at once.
Basileus clapped his hands once. The Forgotten took a step forward, attracted by the sound.
“There, I did something. I clapped. I like clapping,” he said. -The Investigator And The Case Of The Missing Brain.

Guedez

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 14, 2011, 11:45:52 am »

do it! candy is the source of all fun!!! that sword might just as well be in the hands of a malabarist clown! run for it right now! Runnnn!!!

cough.
turning back to the topic, i'd be carefree getting there. really carefree. caves are happy places :D

There, fixed

VeriDF

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: April 14, 2011, 12:26:07 pm »

I was supposing that it was an underground cave, but holy crap, an adamantine sword? That shit will fuck my dwarfs :\
I'm just getting started with military, I will wait till I have 10 legendary shield users/fighters dwarves, just for safety (I hate fun ._. Had to restart fort when magma shit flooded my Fortress when I was digging channels).

My next question is: is that an adamantine sword on the floor? Or is it owned by somebody?

Graebeard

• Bay Watcher
  • The reasonable penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: April 14, 2011, 12:30:20 pm »

Owned by somebody?  Nah, I was able to just go in and grab it.  There were some creatures guarding mine, but they were pretty easy to kill.
At last, she is done.

EmperorJon

• Bay Watcher
  • Still waiting...
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: April 14, 2011, 12:32:26 pm »

Seriously guys, why go with all the 'Oh yeah, you'll be fine'. Look, you all know it'll be the death of his fort. Is it really fair to mess his game up?

I think it's the way towns develop now. In the beginning, people move into a town. Then they start producing tables, which results in more and more tables. Soon tables represent a significant portion of the population, they start lobbying for new laws and regulations, putting people to greater and greater disadvantage...
Link for full quote. 'tis mighty funny.

ragman le bon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: April 14, 2011, 12:38:13 pm »

Seriously guys, why go with all the 'Oh yeah, you'll be fine'. Look, you all know it'll be the death of his fort. Is it really fair to mess his game up?

Because losing is fun? Isn't it so much better to experience a game feature before reading all about it in a forum. Not that I'd know ;)

Dutchling

• Bay Watcher
  • Ridin' with Biden
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: April 14, 2011, 12:47:36 pm »

Don't scare the guy, most of the times the cavern creatures cannot even use the weapons anyway. And if you check the armor screen I bet there is no adamantine armor. and without armor that swords is not really a danger, just dig down (be wary of some cavern beasts though)

billybobfred

• Bay Watcher
  • [PRONOUN: she:her:hers:herself]
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: April 14, 2011, 01:05:34 pm »

When you find it, just keep in mind what might have set up the place before you do anything rash.
urist mcgeorg, who lives in boatmurdered and makes over 10,000 bad decisions each day,
Pages: [1] 2 3 4