Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Trapped in traction?  (Read 666 times)

thegoatgod_pan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Trapped in traction?
« on: April 14, 2011, 10:09:30 am »

I'm just trying to see if this is bug report worthy--anyone else experiencing odd issues with traction benches since .25?  My hospital works fine except for those seriously injured dwarves that get put into traction and stay there.  forever.  artificial cave-ins don't make them get up, deconstructing the table or the bench doesn't do it.  Their wounds heal, their diagnosis stop being necessary but they remain in traction.
More ridiculous than reindeer?  Where you think you supercool and is you things the girls where I honestly like I is then why are humans on their as my people or what would you?

Andal

• Bay Watcher
  • Warning! Fourth wall breached!
    • View Profile
Re: Trapped in traction?
« Reply #1 on: April 14, 2011, 11:09:44 am »

I had the same problem with a miner in traction. All healed up, ready to roll but sat in traction for years, until an unfortunate accident.
When I was reorganizing my inventory to fit all by books on life and death into various bags and things, I looked at my inventory and saw that I was multigrasping a necromancer slab.  It was pretty hilarious.
I think that would be an excellent way to impart the critical lessons of life and death to the ignorant masses.

Minnakht

• Bay Watcher
  • Green Eyed Monster
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 14, 2011, 11:12:21 am »

Can you deconstruct the bench from underneath them?

Also try getting a doctor to see them before they fully heal up by themselves, maybe...
Giant badgers are cruel saddistic balls of fur and hate. Did anyone know they could paint a wall with a single dwarven baby?.... You know what, I made the Giant badgers sound like sane DF players.
A Kea has stolen a coke!

thegoatgod_pan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 14, 2011, 01:07:03 pm »

I used a cave-in to knock one of them around, when deconstructing the table and bench didn't work.  He lay in a weird stasis for over a year afterwards, blinking a blue x, not moving not getting hungry or thirsty (that maybe false, he might have been fed), and still in traction.  Then I tried constructing a wall around him to see if he was in stasis or being fed.  He got up and ran away.  wtf?

Also on the hospital note, since the improved hospital stuff dwarves get water and food more, but amusingly, if you pay attention, sleeping (rather than resting) dwarves also get nurses bringing them water if they get thirsty while asleep. Basically its not that sick dwarves drink water, not alcohol, it's that the only way to properly hydrate a dwarf is while he/she is passed out.
More ridiculous than reindeer?  Where you think you supercool and is you things the girls where I honestly like I is then why are humans on their as my people or what would you?

CerealGuns

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 14, 2011, 04:34:14 pm »

I was wondering why one of my soldiers has been in the hospital for 6 years.  I thought she was in a coma or something, but it did seem odd since the only thing injured was her hand.
Wielder of Mothtundra
Slayer of Ostrur the Acrid Abyssal Nettles
Duke of Channelravens