Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Unintentional "ohgodwhatisthisidonteven" moments?  (Read 871 times)

ninja137

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Unintentional "ohgodwhatisthisidonteven" moments?
« on: April 14, 2011, 07:21:05 am »

So, normal day in DF. Pouring magma on elves, breaching HFS, all the good stuff. I get a little bored, so what do I decide to do? Mod GCS to be able to be embarked with, lay eggs, and have [CAN_LEARN]. Want to know where I copied the eggs section from? The cave crocs. See the problem here? Well, incase you dont know how many eggs cave crocs lay, its between TWENTY TO SIXTY. Yes, that is a lot of eggs. What was more, was that I had around 35 female GCS. They all lay eggs, I forbid the eggs in hopes of making a cage full of GCS set near my entrance to clear sieges for me. Now, at this point I should have taken into account the amount of eggs, but I didnt. So we fast-forward a year to when the spiderlings hatch. I had a grand total of ONE THOUSAND TWO HUNDRED TWENTY TWO spiderlings. About a minute after they all hatch, the most hilarious thing I have seen happens. An ambush! Drive them out!(Or whatever the one for "Oh god, kobolds with bows" is). Within three tiles of 700+ GCS. It was glorious.

EDIT: Ignore my horrible spelling and grammar. Tired as hell and thought I would share stories of kobolds being slaughtered by hundreds of GCS.
« Last Edit: April 14, 2011, 07:32:24 am by ninja137 »

dragoncurse

• Bay Watcher
  • if patience.Huge = fortress.FUN.Huge
    • View Profile
Re: Unintentional "ohgodwhatisthisidonteven" moments?
« Reply #1 on: April 14, 2011, 07:41:47 am »

Well, I guess it's fine twenty to sixty eggs, since spiders are supposed to give WAY MORE.

:3

Oliolli

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:unlikeability]
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 14, 2011, 07:44:30 am »

Go get some silk!

Quote from: Girlinhat
When all you've got is an adjustable spanner and an entire freight warehouse of terrifying cogs and gears, everything looks like "just a prototype".
Quote from: ThatAussieGuy
You all turned Swordthunders into a bastion of madness that seems to warp in on itself under its own hatred of sanity.  I'm so happy!
Quote from: Loud Whispers
drowning babies everywhere o-o

ninja137

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 14, 2011, 07:59:53 am »

I was forced to abandon unfortunately. Having over 1000 animals SLAUGHTERS FPS.

On the same note sort of, its time to mod them to lay fewer eggs, because while I do like my spiders, I do NOT like playing at about 3 fps.

Jacob/Lee

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 14, 2011, 08:10:41 am »

On the same note sort of, its time to mod them to lay fewer eggs, because while I do like my spiders, I do NOT like playing at about 3 fps.
>Build lots of butchers shops and create massive refuse stockpiles
>Set half of population to butcher
>Butcher unwanted animals
>Profit

Minnakht

• Bay Watcher
  • Green Eyed Monster
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 14, 2011, 08:47:29 am »

>Build lots of butchers shops and create massive refuse stockpiles
>Set half of population to butcher
>Butcher unwanted animals
>Profit
[CAN_LEARN]

not sure if that foils your plan
Giant badgers are cruel saddistic balls of fur and hate. Did anyone know they could paint a wall with a single dwarven baby?.... You know what, I made the Giant badgers sound like sane DF players.
A Kea has stolen a coke!