Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2] 3

Author Topic: How do I find a quiet place?  (Read 2427 times)

Jopax

• Bay Watcher
  • Cat on a hat
    • View Profile
Re: How do I find a quiet place?
« Reply #15 on: April 14, 2011, 04:34:43 am »

"In space no one can hear you scream Mr. Bond"

On a more serious note, short of going into the cold vacuum of outer space you can try going deep underground, but i suggest you just find a nice place and dig yourself a basement there, soundproof it some more and you've got yourself a big murder room :)
"my batteries are low and it's getting dark"
AS - IG

Angel Of Death

• Bay Watcher
  • Karl Groucho?
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: April 14, 2011, 04:49:25 am »

"In space no one can hear you scream Mr. Bond"

On a more serious note, short of going into the cold vacuum of outer space you can try going deep underground, but i suggest you just find a nice place and dig yourself a basement there, soundproof it some more and you've got yourself a big murder room :)
Remember to add stainproof floors and ropes to hang your "washing bags" on.
99 percent of internet users add useless, pulled out of arse statistics to their sig. If you are the 1%, please, for the love of Armok, don't put any useless shit like this in your sig.
Hidden signature messages are fun!

ChairmanPoo

• Bay Watcher
  • Send in the clowns
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: April 14, 2011, 08:20:46 am »

To keep outer sounds from reaching me, I use a looped 50 min rain file.
Everyone sucks at everything. Until they don't. Not sucking is a product of time invested.

Max White

• Bay Watcher
  • Still not hollowed!
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: April 14, 2011, 08:33:59 am »

Because for a 5 minute loop, you would get annoyed hearing that one drop over and over.

ChairmanPoo

• Bay Watcher
  • Send in the clowns
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: April 14, 2011, 08:36:22 am »

Actually, it's because I first created this file back in 2004. We didn't have mp3 players that allowed plugging in a flash drive, we had to use cd-roms. And there was a delay between song repeats that was very annoying.
Everyone sucks at everything. Until they don't. Not sucking is a product of time invested.

Ricky

• Bay Watcher
  • Ancient Wizard Dance.
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: April 14, 2011, 08:37:16 am »

It seems like you live in the city, and you want to get away from the noise, so literally get away from the noise. Drive to a secluded area of some forest and listen to the birds. Unless you're close to a road, you won't hear much besides peaceful stuff.

Ah, I wish I had been lucky enough to be scum.
I'd make such great scum...

Cthulhu

• Bay Watcher
  • A squid
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: April 14, 2011, 08:38:06 am »

Silence makes me uncomfortable, and if I'm in a quiet room the tinnitus immediately becomes louder than any distraction would be.  I sleep with a fan on to keep it away.
Shoes...

Max White

• Bay Watcher
  • Still not hollowed!
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: April 14, 2011, 08:47:42 am »

Do computer fans count? I love my computer fan, the way it hums along so happily. Couldn't sleep without it.

Angel Of Death

• Bay Watcher
  • Karl Groucho?
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: April 14, 2011, 08:48:36 am »

Do computer fans count? I love my computer fan, the way it hums along so happily. Couldn't sleep without it.
I'm like that but with regular fans. I can't sleep without them.
99 percent of internet users add useless, pulled out of arse statistics to their sig. If you are the 1%, please, for the love of Armok, don't put any useless shit like this in your sig.
Hidden signature messages are fun!

Kogut

• Bay Watcher
  • Next account: Bulwersator
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: April 14, 2011, 09:07:20 am »

Dry cave?
The worst bug - 34.11 poll
Tired of going decades without goblin sieges? Try The Fortress Defense Mod
Kogut, the Bugfixes apostle of Bay12forum. Every posts he makes he preaches about the evil of Bugs.

GlyphGryph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: April 14, 2011, 12:43:56 pm »

I'll second cave and recording studio as the two silent places. They have the benefit of being dark as well.

Wet caves usually aren't completely silent but the background noise is often very peaceful.

Most universities with music programs have rooms that are more or less soundproof.

ILikePie

• Bay Watcher
  • Call me Ron
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: April 14, 2011, 03:00:52 pm »

I find them nerve-wracking.

Tellemurius

• Bay Watcher
  • Positively insane Tech Thaumaturgist
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: April 14, 2011, 04:05:09 pm »

Peaceful place? Center your mind fully, clearing any thoughts then tell me how you feel.

Jopax

• Bay Watcher
  • Cat on a hat
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: April 14, 2011, 05:33:27 pm »

I've heard that piece of advice many times, but how does one exactley clear their mind, i mean, sure i can do it for the first half a second before the bugger jumps onto some random strand of an idea or an emotion passing by and off we go on another wiki walk.
"my batteries are low and it's getting dark"
AS - IG

Tellemurius

• Bay Watcher
  • Positively insane Tech Thaumaturgist
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: April 14, 2011, 05:35:36 pm »

I've heard that piece of advice many times, but how does one exactley clear their mind, i mean, sure i can do it for the first half a second before the bugger jumps onto some random strand of an idea or an emotion passing by and off we go on another wiki walk.
Focus i say, think of something you like and just fill your mind with it. Mine is chemistry, i solve chemical reactions in my head tuning out from the outside world.
Pages: 1 [2] 3