Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2] 3

Author Topic: What do you imagine Police Death Squad armor looking like?  (Read 9802 times)

Innominate

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: What do you imagine Police Death Squad armor looking like?
« Reply #15 on: April 16, 2011, 06:56:53 am »

Do they have lion's heads on their codpieces? Or is it the soul of a conquered liberal enslaved to guard their genitals?

Angel Of Death

• Bay Watcher
  • Karl Groucho?
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: April 16, 2011, 07:03:49 am »

Do they have lion's heads on their codpieces? Or is it the soul of a conquered liberal enslaved to guard their genitals?
The liberal would destroy them. I'm certainly not guarding some conservatives balls!
99 percent of internet users add useless, pulled out of arse statistics to their sig. If you are the 1%, please, for the love of Armok, don't put any useless shit like this in your sig.
Hidden signature messages are fun!

flibble

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: April 19, 2011, 06:06:27 pm »

Something like this maybe, no flames though.

Aerogen

• Bay Watcher
  • estou estupefato
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: April 21, 2011, 01:09:39 pm »

It must look like the B.O.P.E. uniform (real life death squad):

TheBronzePickle

• Bay Watcher
  • Why am I doing this?
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: April 22, 2011, 06:31:36 pm »

The Death Squads have no armor. Anything resembling any kind of counter-terror unit, or anything armored for that matter, is unlikely. I would personally imagine a solid black robe that dips low enough to obscure the face but is shear enough for the underlying soldier to see through. The M-16s are probably artfully decorated to look sinister (I would think a rough coating of bone-white with crimson war paint designs) but the outfits themselves would be stark, causing fear more from the imaginations of onlookers trying to piece together what little they see than from impressive decoration. The inhabitants of the cloaks are probably a ghoulish white from lack of sun, genetically mutated and pumped with steroids to become the epitome of Arch-Conservative ideals and power.
Nothing important here, move along.

Fniff

• Bay Watcher
  • if you must die, die spectacularly
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: May 01, 2011, 09:27:23 am »

I imagine a cross between the original pre-war power armor in Fallout, real life death squad outfits and the Combine. So, very large with heavy armor, berets and the gasmask is a single filter job. I imagine their visors being connected, instead of separate for each eyes. I personally bet that they have a heads-up display to show who is a "Good" conservative and who is a "Bad" liberal. I don't buy the idea they are non-human, but I do think they have been given a bit more steroids then what should be given.

PTTG??

• Bay Watcher
  • Kringrus! Babak crulurg tingra!
    • View Profile
    • http://www.nowherepublishing.com
« Reply #21 on: May 01, 2011, 01:47:11 pm »

Let's remember that we are fighting to prevent the nation from becoming a backwoods, yet corporate nightmare. So what if we merge these concepts?

We start with Bubba. Give him enough steroids to last a major league baseball team for FORTY FIVE MINUTES. I think the berets make sense, as do the gas masks. Instead of visors, let's give him sunglasses. Now, we take a regular black paramilitary uniform, put a couple of skulls on there, and maybe add a cape. These are regular-sized capes, so on Bubba, it only reaches around his knees. We also have a plastic riot vest- too cheap to offer real protection- shaped like muscles, like batman's armor. These redundant muscles are actually smaller than the ones they cover.
A thousand million pool balls made from precious metals, covered in beef stock.

Silent_Thunder

• Bay Watcher
  • World Heavyweight Champion
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: May 02, 2011, 08:27:54 pm »

I dunno why, But I always imagined them as looking like DUTY from S.T.A.L.K.E.R. I dunno, Maby it's just Because I always joined Freedom, and nothing was worse than coming across a squad of these guys. The uniform barely has armor, basically about as much armor as your average police officer would have, but it still had that intimidating look to it. Besides the uniform, they had a nasty habit of taking you out before you saw them, or even worse pinning you down behind cover and sending a guys to finish you. The type of tactic I can see DETHSQUAD using.

Kay12

• Bay Watcher
  • Fighting for Elite Liberal values since 2009!
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: May 12, 2011, 03:06:58 am »

Dark blue helmet, with no visor to reveal the cold, expressionless face, and a dark blue trenchcoat.

I think their choice of weapon (M16 is it?) is a bit off - at least I'd imagine that the death squads would wield ornamental and powerful pistols designed to be accurate even at a distance and comfortable to use for executing. I always imagined something very ceremonial about the death squads, and that would probably be true as the executions are also warnings. Like Assassin's Creed, but in the modern times. And evil.

Maybe I'll mod in the DS pistol and make it almost as powerful as the Desert Eagle.
Try Liberal Crime Squad, an excellent Liberal Crime adventure game by Toady One and the open source community!
LCS in SourceForge - LCS Wiki - Forum thread for 4.04

Soadreqm

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm okay with this. I'm okay with a lot of things.
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: May 12, 2011, 06:00:40 am »

I'm not sure why, but I've always imagined it as a red robe. Something like the the Imperial bodyguards.

jester

• Bay Watcher
  • Dwarvern Survialist Nutter
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: May 13, 2011, 11:11:29 pm »

Black facemask, black shirt and miniskirts, I figure Hoover would be a god to these people
If life gives you lemons, burn them.

Biag

• Bay Watcher
  • Huzzah!
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: May 14, 2011, 02:45:05 pm »

They remind me of the Clerics from Equilibrium, down to the souped-up pistol.

Spoiler: Badass Christian Bale (click to show/hide)

MicroclineHat

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: May 25, 2011, 09:49:14 pm »

These guys were what first came to my mind:

*Shudder*
Cake throne needs cake, badly.

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: May 25, 2011, 10:32:00 pm »

Heavy armored HUNK? That's actually pretty badass. Time to start up a new game and get some of that armor and the appropriate Mr. Death codename. :3
SerCon Shorts: This Is How You Do It - Twenty-three one minute or less videos of random stupidity in AC:U, Bloodborne, DS2:SotFS, Salt & Sanctuary, and The Witcher 3.

MicroclineHat

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: May 25, 2011, 11:05:14 pm »

They're actually from a Japanese series called "Kerberos Panzer Cop."
Cake throne needs cake, badly.
Pages: 1 [2] 3