Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: (HELP NOW) First FB  (Read 1448 times)

dude_ftw@live.com

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
(HELP NOW) First FB
« on: April 13, 2011, 08:20:06 pm »

Ok, so my FIRST FB came, with POISON EXTRACTS we fought with 0 deaths, but everyone is wallowing in the blood and I'm REALLY worried, WHAT DO I DO? The only backup plan I have is locking 1 person outside until this subsides. (I've been training for this and we are using ALL adamantine Weapons. Armour for the lucky ones) Any advice or prodictions on what is going to happen?

EDIT: Just found Vomit...Not good..

Dr. D

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: (HELP NOW) First FB
« Reply #1 on: April 13, 2011, 08:22:18 pm »

What is made of?
Bombengranadenelementplitzplotzdonnerwettersappermentnochmal!

dude_ftw@live.com

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 13, 2011, 08:25:36 pm »

"The Forgotten Beast Ino has come! A gigantic eyeless dimetrodon. It has a pair of knobby antennae and it belches and croaks. Its gray scales are large and overlapping. Beware its poisonous vapors!"

It doesn't say what its made of.

EDIT: The is blood and vomit EVERYWHERE. EVERYWHERE, just pools of it leading all the way to the pond.
« Last Edit: April 13, 2011, 08:27:25 pm by dude_ftw@live.com »

PwndJa

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 13, 2011, 08:28:24 pm »

You should have quarantined all of your military and any animals or other dwarves that may have been involved in the fighting or were near it as soon as it was dead. But since you didn't, apply magma to the area as soon as possible. If you aren't dwarfy enough to already have magma available, a wall will work just fine. Quarantine anyone with any symptoms.

dude_ftw@live.com

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 13, 2011, 08:31:38 pm »

Yeah, about that. I was not prepared, everyone is wallowing in it, except for one special person I've locked in a room with provisions. Be aware my fortress is only 1 and 1/2 years old and I'm a Noob. Well, I've been playing DF for 2 weeks...

Dr. D

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 13, 2011, 08:32:31 pm »

If only the vapors are poisonous for the forgotten beast, then you need to be on the look out for forgotten beast extract, if I recall correctly. The vomit and blood shouldn't do anything to your dwarfs.

The blood get everywhere anyways. Enjoy the festive red color!

dude_ftw@live.com

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 13, 2011, 08:33:41 pm »

I only see (edit) 3 poolS of extract, and that by the pool of water. I sent somebody to clean it.

DryBones

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 13, 2011, 08:33:59 pm »

Try to make like a 4/7 pool for your dwarves to walk through toclean them of the poison. Then the only thing to do is wait for any syndromes to manifest. Just a to warn you, it could take years.

dude_ftw@live.com

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 13, 2011, 08:37:27 pm »

I'm guessing the corpse is not safe to eat? (It's 10.2K of FB meat)

Dr. D

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: April 13, 2011, 08:37:53 pm »

Or if you have a lot of cats and other animals running around in the blood and vomit you can see if any of them have a syndrome. No, you can butcher the corpse. It will take a while, though.

JmzLost

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: April 13, 2011, 08:39:25 pm »

"Your fortress has crumbled to it's end."  :P

Probably not safe to eat.  You can build a butcher's, then forbid the meat/fat/organs.  This will get you bones and a hide with a nice material multiplier.

The dfhack utility has a function called "dfcleanmap" for removing blood/pus/extract/etc from the map.  Or remove all jobs from all dwarves, so they are idle and have time to clean.  This won't work outside, though.  You can also try building a floor or wall over the puddle of extract, so nobody else walks through it.

To clean your dwarves, make a dwarf-washer.  A channel across a major pathway filled with 2/7 or 3/7 water will clean your dwarves without blocking their pathing.  Or you can make a 1-tile wide hall the only access to your booze stockpile.  Put a pump and water source at one end, and a drain at the other.  Continuously pump water down the hall, your dwarves will get a bath every time they go for a drink.

JMZ
Also, obviously, magma avalanches and tsunamis weren't exactly a contingency covered in the mission briefing.
I can assure you that Ardentdikes is not the first fortress to be flooded with magma. What's unusual is that we actually meant to flood it with magma.

dude_ftw@live.com

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: April 13, 2011, 08:40:45 pm »

"Your fortress has crumbled to it's end."  :P

Probably not safe to eat.  You can build a butcher's, then forbid the meat/fat/organs.  This will get you bones and a hide with a nice material multiplier.

The dfhack utility has a function called "dfcleanmap" for removing blood/pus/extract/etc from the map.  Or remove all jobs from all dwarves, so they are idle and have time to clean.  This won't work outside, though.  You can also try building a floor or wall over the puddle of extract, so nobody else walks through it.

To clean your dwarves, make a dwarf-washer.  A channel across a major pathway filled with 2/7 or 3/7 water will clean your dwarves without blocking their pathing.  Or you can make a 1-tile wide hall the only access to your booze stockpile.  Put a pump and water source at one end, and a drain at the other.  Continuously pump water down the hall, your dwarves will get a bath every time they go for a drink.

JMZ

I just did that before now looking at your post. Desperate times call for desperate measures.

Dr. D

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: April 13, 2011, 08:43:56 pm »

Does forgotten beast extract spread with water? I have never ran a stream over a pile before. I have had cat falling unconscious in the hallway of one fort due to tracked-around beast extract.

dude_ftw@live.com

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: April 13, 2011, 08:46:22 pm »

Umm, theres a REALLY bad problem. My dorfs are moving very... slow. This is not lag slow this is different...

JmzLost

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: April 13, 2011, 08:56:50 pm »

Yes, water will spread contaminants.  It will also remove them from your dwarves.

Check your dwarves' health. 'z'->health or 'v', move near dwarf, then either 'w' for wounds or 'z'->'enter' for a description.

JMZ
Also, obviously, magma avalanches and tsunamis weren't exactly a contingency covered in the mission briefing.
I can assure you that Ardentdikes is not the first fortress to be flooded with magma. What's unusual is that we actually meant to flood it with magma.
Pages: [1] 2