Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Two questions  (Read 492 times)

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
Two questions
« on: April 13, 2011, 07:07:17 pm »

Alright, one of these involves a little modding, but I already did all of it and when I asked on the modding forum the response was MORE modding, which I don't feel ready to do.
First question, is there any easy way to prevent an egg-laying race from eating its own eggs?
Second, what, in your opinion, is the coolest and/or best not-cotton-candy-or-undiggable material to make a giant eagle nestbox out of?
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

Urist Imiknorris

• Bay Watcher
  • In the flesh, on the phone and in your account...
    • View Profile
Re: Two questions
« Reply #1 on: April 13, 2011, 07:11:32 pm »

Giant eagle nest box? Obviously it needs to be made of feather wood.
Quote from: LordSlowpoke
I don't know how it works. It does.
Quote from: Jim Groovester
YOU CANT NOT HAVE SUSPECTS IN A GAME OF MAFIA

ITS THE WHOLE POINT OF THE GAME
Quote from: Cheeetar
If Tiruin redirected the lynch, then this means that, and... the Illuminati! Of course!

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 13, 2011, 08:10:12 pm »

So...No one knows how to stop people from eating their own eggs?
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

Dwarfoloid

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 13, 2011, 09:13:59 pm »

I'm not sure I understand what is going on? Did you mod giant eagles as fortress race and now they are picking up and eating their own eggs from the nest boxes?

Forbidding the eggs should do. Also remove them from food stockipiles and disallow cooking. Afaik, a sentinent female egg layer needs to be married for something to hatch out.
« Last Edit: April 13, 2011, 09:15:48 pm by Dwarfoloid »

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 14, 2011, 06:19:30 am »

I'm not sure I understand what is going on? Did you mod giant eagles as fortress race and now they are picking up and eating their own eggs from the nest boxes?
Oops, no. I modded in another race, which lays eggs, and I heard reports of egg-laying races eating their own eggs, so I wanted to know how to fix that before I had to deal with it. Maybe it's been fixed in 31.25?
The giant eagles are just tame.
Guess a low-info question is confusing... :-[

Forbidding the eggs should do. Also remove them from food stockipiles and disallow cooking. Afaik, a sentinent female egg layer needs to be married for something to hatch out.
Excellent!
Sig