Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Shaking off the cops?  (Read 1053 times)

Jacob/Lee

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Shaking off the cops?
« on: April 13, 2011, 05:00:28 pm »

The poleec keep following my Death Squad around wherever they go. When I move to a new safehouse, the secrecy immediately drops to ~15% and heat rises to 16%, then they siege the place 2 weeks later. How do I make them stop following my squad around without having to gun all of them down?

GlyphGryph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Shaking off the cops?
« Reply #1 on: April 13, 2011, 05:42:03 pm »

Shut down the police station

turn yourself into the authorities (and get them off as not guilty)

Jacob/Lee

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 13, 2011, 05:48:48 pm »

Shut down the police station
Ooh, brilliant. Should be a piece of cake since all my guys have M16s and Army Body Armor.

Innominate

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 13, 2011, 09:16:29 pm »

You don't even need to shut them down once you get enough dodge, first aid and rifle skill. I usually just shut them down to save time, and fought off the sieges whenever I needed the money. But sieges are so lucrative that you don't really ever need to do that.

Jacob/Lee

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 13, 2011, 09:18:05 pm »

It appears the cops have some sort of psychic ability. I shut them down then hauled ass out of the safehouse and to a new one, as soon as they were open for business they came knocking on the door telling me to come out with my hands up.

Jonathan S. Fox

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • http://www.jonathansfox.com/
« Reply #5 on: April 14, 2011, 02:42:48 pm »

It appears that ever since you knocked the fear of god out of them, they have been consulting with a psychic medium for help in finding you.

More seriously, shutting down the police station only suspends sieges while the police station is shut down. Once it opens up again, they'll be ready to keep on the pressure.

Jacob/Lee

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 14, 2011, 06:12:29 pm »

I've noticed, but these cops actually followed me to a new safehouse that they never saw me go to, when I arrived there I had absolutely no heat but when the Station opened back up they immediately caught my Liberal scent and found me.

breadbocks

• Bay Watcher
  • A manacled Mentlegen. (ಠ_ృ)
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 14, 2011, 08:56:18 pm »

Yeah. The only perma way out is to get booby traps at a house, and engage, then slaughter enough squads that the siege ends.
Clearly, cakes are the next form of human evolution.

Man of Paper

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 15, 2011, 04:01:12 pm »

There is a spy in your ranks. You must perform a purge, or else you will fall to the will of the Conservative fiends.

Bdthemag

• Bay Watcher
  • Die Wacht am Rhein
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: April 15, 2011, 04:02:33 pm »

That would be awesome if you could actually get spies in your group.
Well, you do have a busy life, what with keeping tabs on wild, rough-and-tumble forum members while sorting out the drama between your twenty two inner lesbians.
Your drunk posts continue to baffle me.
Welcome to Reality.

Megaman

• Bay Watcher
  • What is love?
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: April 17, 2011, 05:44:45 pm »

Indeed, I'd like to see the CCS and FBI infiltrate me.
Hello Hunam

MetalSlimeHunt

• Bay Watcher
  • Gerrymander Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: April 17, 2011, 05:57:11 pm »

Indeed, I'd like to see the CCS and FBI infiltrate me.
I'd like to find the traitors and convince them to join the LCS for real with my inhuman persuasion skill. Then I'd send them back to the parent organization to infiltrate them. Said organizations could then re-un-brainwash their agents upon finding out and send them back to me, ad infinium. Betrayal Ping-Pong, I call it.
« Last Edit: April 17, 2011, 05:59:26 pm by MetalSlimeHunt »
Quote from: Thomas Paine
To argue with a man who has renounced the use and authority of reason, and whose philosophy consists in holding humanity in contempt, is like administering medicine to the dead, or endeavoring to convert an atheist by scripture.
No Gods, No Masters.