Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: You know your fort can look after itself when....  (Read 2385 times)

malvado

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: You know your fort can look after itself when....
« Reply #15 on: April 13, 2011, 08:53:03 am »

Yes, however Adil Astoltar Uzolnist Idath, "Adil Sabregild the Oily Fears of Amusing", Marksdwarf, is now commander of his own platoon of marksdwarves. To prevent any injury to my dwarven sniper of doom, he is the only crossbow wielder in history (to my knowledge) to wear full plate armour with underwear made of iron chain. I'll be damned if any lucky pot shot from a goblin is going to seriously injure my new terminator.

Does all that metal make him slow btw?

phoenixuk

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: April 13, 2011, 08:56:48 am »

Not noticeably. I've always kitted my crossbow users in leather because... well... i figured like you, heavy armour might slow them down or screw with accuracy or some such.

In fact all it did was make them ludicrously vulnerable to the elite goblin bowmen that kept turning up with sieges. Even behind fortifications i was racking up a huge number of injuries to my archers (mostly to hands and arms) some of which led to decent marksdwarves being cashiered out with crippled hands.

My all new band of plate wearing crossbow dwarves are proving to be just as manoeuvrable as ever, and not a one has been injured by incoming bowfire.

Bordellimies

• Bay Watcher
  • [SOMETHING_ORIGINAL]
    • View Profile
    • My YouTube channel
« Reply #17 on: April 13, 2011, 09:36:47 am »

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

(In case you don't get the reference, it's Ashitaka from Princess Mononoke.  He was a badass archer who would sever heads with his arrows.  Sometimes several at a time.)

Man, I loved that movie. I bursted out in laughter when the arrow cut off the arm from one of the bandits, and his companion is so confused

"Lolwut"
Warmogs are like bacon, they make everything better and you can never have enough of them

Necro910

• Bay Watcher
  • Legendary Drunk +5
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: April 13, 2011, 02:33:24 pm »

IIRC salt creatures aren't very dangerous though...

But if you want the fort to go down, how about digging a little... deeper? What could possibly go wrong?
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
Gandalf: BLOODY BALROG BLADES!! YOU SHALL NOT PASS!
Balrog: Like you could do anything to us. HA! *leans over and shows 20 more*
Gandalf: *throws vomit* *decapitates balrog*
Demon horde: SHIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIT! RUUUNNN!!!

...And that is the story of why demons are locked several miles below the surface.

thegoatgod_pan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: April 13, 2011, 11:31:22 pm »

I tried to bring down a fort by starting a loyalty cascade.  Fort had been ruled for 30 years, by an original founder, who had killed 4 dwarves in various tantrums and was guarded by 4 war jabberers.  She and the captain of the marksdwarves were the only survivors of the cascade (the other 87 died, 11 at baroness' hand, 3 at captains).  However the two lived on.  When a siege came the baroness killed them all herself.

I started a new fort  >:(
More ridiculous than reindeer?  Where you think you supercool and is you things the girls where I honestly like I is then why are humans on their as my people or what would you?

TolyK

• Bay Watcher
  • Nowan Ilfideme
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: April 14, 2011, 12:59:13 am »

I tried to bring down a fort by starting a loyalty cascade.  Fort had been ruled for 30 years, by an original founder, who had killed 4 dwarves in various tantrums and was guarded by 4 war jabberers.  She and the captain of the marksdwarves were the only survivors of the cascade (the other 87 died, 11 at baroness' hand, 3 at captains).  However the two lived on.  When a siege came the baroness killed them all herself.

I started a new fort  >:(
:o
wow. erm, that would be an awesome place to go adventuring!
(oh, and you forgot to try magma  :P
My Mafia Stats
just do whatevery tolyK and blame it as a bastard mod
Shakerag: Who are you personally suspicious of?
At this point?  TolyK.
Pages: 1 [2]