Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 11

Author Topic: Virtual Monsters  (Read 10049 times)

Orb

• Bay Watcher
  • [Loves_RTS]
    • View Profile
Re: Virtual Monsters
« Reply #90 on: April 26, 2011, 09:38:06 pm »

... Update?  :P

Right. I'm doing an update every other day now instead of every day. I'm getting lazy.  :P....I'll try fixing the problem.

This is what you get when a game of SoaSE lasts hours.  My entire free time, sapped up in one game....I didn't even finish it.   :(
[Will:1] You scream. You scream like a little girl in pigtails and a tutu, flailing ineffectually like a starfish on meth.

Orb

• Bay Watcher
  • [Loves_RTS]
    • View Profile
« Reply #91 on: April 27, 2011, 04:25:02 pm »

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Wallace

You head for the door, disregarding your associates. Rani seems rather paranoid about your dog, while Tai seems curious.

Meh. You head to the market. On your way out you bump into Zeox, who looks rather bored.

When you go to purchase some rations, you find you can't afford a ration for your virtuamon and another for yourself. You might be able to scavenge some food from the kitchen back at your "home", that is if Tai and Zeox hadn't cleared the place. Or maybe you could sell something. While pondering you watch Ash sell a fresh fish and recieve a...knife from the fish vendor. A red flag goes off.

That snack didn't last long. You are getting hungry

Rani, Tai

With curiosity and paranoia, you question Wallace about his dog. He only gives you a passing glance and walks out the warehouse door. Jerk.

Zeox walks in and sits down to listen.

Professor Pine addresses you.

"Ah, more new adventurers? I sent off that boy on a mission, if you are curious. Anyway, lets cut to the chase. I have virtuamons in the back, or if you have a question, I'm the most knowledgeable in town."

Ash

You head off to the market, ready to embrace the survivalist in you.

You ask the fish vendor for a fillet knife. He says that knifes are hard to come by around here, and have to be imported from the central towns. He says it'll cost you 25 pieces, and you can sell the fish for five.

You trade the last bit of your money for the fillet knife, which should help preparing food in the wild. You'll probably still need a fire, you can't imagine eating fish raw.

You spot Wallace when you leave the vendor, with a small gray dog with a white stripe sitting next to him.

You are still hungry

Zeox

You lazilly walk into the warehouse, and bump into Wallace and almost step on a small dog on the way in.

You see Tai and Rani in here and decide to take a seat

A man addresses you all.

"Ah, more new adventurers? I sent off that boy on a mission, if you are curious. Anyway, lets cut to the chase. I have virtuamons in the back, or if you have a question, I'm the most knowledgeable in town."

Spoiler: Inventory (click to show/hide)
[Will:1] You scream. You scream like a little girl in pigtails and a tutu, flailing ineffectually like a starfish on meth.

Taricus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #92 on: April 27, 2011, 04:32:26 pm »

Buy some rations for the both of us then head to the Town mentioned by the Prof.
Quote from: evictedSaint
We sided with the holocaust for a fucking +1 roll

Johnfalcon99977

• Bay Watcher
  • The Herp Derp Assassin
    • View Profile
« Reply #93 on: April 27, 2011, 04:37:41 pm »

Rani looks like shes about to say something, but suddenly relizes something. She says,
"Errr... you wouldn't happen to know if this town has Pharmacy... does it?"

(( If your wondering, I am making Rani have Schizophrenia. Yes, she'll go nuts, unless she has her medication. I like the idea that I have to keep her from going insane, and seeing things far more twisted and demented in my actions should I be unable to keep her with the subscription. HURRAY FOR INSANITY!)
Also known as the Knowlagable, the Forgetful, and/or the Ignored

Please excuse my horrible awful linguistic skills.

Orb

• Bay Watcher
  • [Loves_RTS]
    • View Profile
« Reply #94 on: April 27, 2011, 04:41:49 pm »

Buy some rations for the both of us then head to the Town mentioned by the Prof.

You have 20 pieces.

That can buy two virtuamon rations, or one human ration. Would you like to split the human ration between the two of you, then?

Taricus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #95 on: April 27, 2011, 04:42:57 pm »

Yes.

ragnarok97071

• Bay Watcher
  • /人 ◕ ‿‿ ◕人\
    • View Profile
« Reply #96 on: April 27, 2011, 04:45:13 pm »

"What kind of Virtuamon do you have?"
Tai looks over at Rani.
"Dunno, but I saw Red Cross or a clinic or something that might be able to help. Want me to walk you there?"
« Last Edit: April 27, 2011, 07:41:02 pm by ragnarok97071 »
Quote from: Wing, via Discord
I want a coat that doesn't make me look like a rear admiral from the East India Company

Furtuka

• Bay Watcher
  • High Priest of Mecha
    • View Profile
« Reply #97 on: April 27, 2011, 06:11:26 pm »

I can haz Virtualmon?
It's FEF, not FEOF

Johnfalcon99977

• Bay Watcher
  • The Herp Derp Assassin
    • View Profile
« Reply #98 on: April 27, 2011, 07:36:48 pm »

...And no one says anything about Rani's Schizophrenia. You think having a mental disorder that makes you go insane would arouse at least SOME curiousity.
« Last Edit: April 27, 2011, 07:39:39 pm by Johnfalcon99977 »

Orb

• Bay Watcher
  • [Loves_RTS]
    • View Profile
« Reply #99 on: April 27, 2011, 07:41:38 pm »

...And no one says anything about Rani's Schizophrenia. You think having a mental disorder that makes you go insane would arouse at least SOME curiousity.

Well, its fine with me, as long as you don't overdue it. Like make it an excuse to stab some random dude for no reason. Just make it add to the RP, not take away.  :-\

ragnarok97071

• Bay Watcher
  • /人 ◕ ‿‿ ◕人\
    • View Profile
« Reply #100 on: April 27, 2011, 07:42:08 pm »

Characters don't know about it speicifically, and only a couple even know about you wanting to know if they have a pharmacy.
Quote from: Wing, via Discord
I want a coat that doesn't make me look like a rear admiral from the East India Company

Ricky

• Bay Watcher
  • Ancient Wizard Dance.
    • View Profile
« Reply #101 on: April 27, 2011, 08:44:03 pm »

Head over to Wallace and see what he's doing.

Use Divine Intuition to know what wallace is doing, and go with him, showingoff my survivalist kit and empty moneybag.
Ah, I wish I had been lucky enough to be scum.
I'd make such great scum...

Johnfalcon99977

• Bay Watcher
  • The Herp Derp Assassin
    • View Profile
« Reply #102 on: April 27, 2011, 09:20:33 pm »

Well, its fine with me, as long as you don't overdue it. Like make it an excuse to stab some random dude for no reason. Just make it add to the RP, not take away.  :-\
I would also like more... abnormal... turn discriptions if she does not get the medication. I like the idea of misguided facts and seemingly strange occurances.

The pills last around 7 days, and we are assuming that she last took them... six days ago? It would certainly explain why shes so worried.

And yes, it'll also be for RP. Definately wanted for RP.

Orb

• Bay Watcher
  • [Loves_RTS]
    • View Profile
« Reply #103 on: April 28, 2011, 07:07:56 pm »

Wallace, Ash

To show a gesture of good will, you buy a human fish ration and give a 1/3 of it to Ash. He greedily eats it up, satisfying his ravenous hunger. You eat too.

Ash seems to have completely forgotten why he came over, and instead decides to show you his gear. He brags about his collapsable fishing rod, strangely named Bessy. He reaffirms not to touch Bessy. He also shows you a fillet knife, and an empty money bag. You try not to laugh and smile, showing the maturity you've gained in just a few hours.

You figure having a "survivalist" on the trip wouldn't hurt, and its not like you're are splitting the pay with him. You agree to his request to join and head off to the road.

The buildings turn to farms as you walk. You see less people and the sounds of wildlife become predominent. You aren't sure what the farms are growing, you think the edible part of the plant is underground. You spot various farmers on the field, with Tarticas pulling the heavy tools.

Down the road where the farms end, you spot several people. At this distance, you can't determine any additional details.

The sun is getting low, you estimate you have few hours before it gets dark. You don't know how cold it gets at night, nor what night time predators there are. You could probably make it to the next town over if you don't encounter too many delays.

Rani, Zeox, Tai

Rani asks about a clinic, and Tai offers to take her to the clinic he saw in town. Professor Pine interjects.

"That clinic is the pride of our town. However, it has few supplies not related to treating injuries. The town to the east has a Pharmacy that sells medical drugs, if whats at the clinic isn't found you will find it there."

The group asks about the Virtuamon.

"Well, why don't I show you."

He leads you to the back and opens a padlocked door.

The room isn't too small, but it doesn't provide the virtual monsters ample space. You count about eleven virtuamons, and three breeds.

One is a squirrel with its tail's fur, well you assume it's fur, fused together. Its fur is a jet black and for a split second you swear you saw a spark come off its tail.

The second is a small dog, gray with a white stripe running from the top of its head all the way down to its tail. The dog seems rather tame compared to its companions.

The last breed is a rather disgusting rat. Black, you sometimes spot a thick goop coming from the edges of its mouth.

"Welcome to the breeding room" Professor Pine exclaims. "Here we breed Squax, the squirrel, for 50 pieces. Spwid, the rat, for 50 pieces. And finally, Boach, the dog, for 80 pieces. They have all been pretrained, though the dogs have special attention. If you have any questions about the abilities of said Virtuamons, just ask. That boy Wallace already took a Boach."

Spoiler: New Mechanic (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Inventory (click to show/hide)

Taricus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #104 on: April 28, 2011, 07:09:29 pm »

Keep moving.
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 11