Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 11

Author Topic: Virtual Monsters  (Read 10065 times)

ragnarok97071

• Bay Watcher
  • /人 ◕ ‿‿ ◕人\
    • View Profile
Re: Virtual Monsters
« Reply #60 on: April 18, 2011, 07:27:17 pm »

Investigate what Rani is doing. because I'm not paying for a map of ONE TOWN.

I meant like the map from pokemon, that has all the routes and cities on it.
Quote from: Wing, via Discord
I want a coat that doesn't make me look like a rear admiral from the East India Company

Orb

• Bay Watcher
  • [Loves_RTS]
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: April 18, 2011, 07:35:29 pm »

Investigate what Rani is doing. because I'm not paying for a map of ONE TOWN.

I meant like the map from pokemon, that has all the routes and cities on it.

Well, get a map chip then....and to use the map chip, you'll need a pocket book. Honestly, you won't need a map for a while. Most of the time you can just ask for directions. Also, getting a map from the guy would probably tell you about places you otherwise wouldn't have noticed, but eh.  ::)
[Will:1] You scream. You scream like a little girl in pigtails and a tutu, flailing ineffectually like a starfish on meth.

Ricky

• Bay Watcher
  • Ancient Wizard Dance.
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: April 18, 2011, 07:47:45 pm »

Ask bob about what he does out here.
Then go back and ask Mr. Dimmers what kind of fish he wants, and then head to the market.
Ah, I wish I had been lucky enough to be scum.
I'd make such great scum...

Furtuka

• Bay Watcher
  • High Priest of Mecha
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: April 18, 2011, 07:58:26 pm »

I go out and look for a lab or something
It's FEF, not FEOF

RoryTehNoob

• Bay Watcher
  • Ingredients: High Fructose Corn Syrup
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: April 18, 2011, 08:30:12 pm »

« Last Edit: April 19, 2011, 07:18:10 pm by RoryTehNoob »
Signatures are displayed at teh bottom of each post or personal message.

Max characters: 500; characters remaining: 379

Orb

• Bay Watcher
  • [Loves_RTS]
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: April 22, 2011, 11:21:32 pm »

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Wallace

You get straight to business.

"Well, I wouldn't say "give out". However, I do run a breeding program to fund my research" he says.

He leads you to a walled off room in the back. You can hear various animalic sounds coming from it, and it worries you a bit. He unlocks a rather large padlock and opens the door.

The room isn't too small, but it doesn't provide the virtual monsters ample space. You count about a dozen virtuamons, and three breeds.

One is a squirrel with its tail's fur, well you assume it's fur, fused together. Its fur is a jet black and for a split second you swear you saw a spark come off its tail.

The second is a small dog, gray with a white stripe running from the top of its head all the way down to its tail. The dog seems rather tame compared to its companions.

The last breed is a rather disgusting rat. Black, you sometimes spot a thick goop coming from the edges of its mouth.

"Welcome to the breeding room" Professor Pine exclaims. "Here we breed Squax, the squirrel, for 50 pieces. Spwid, the rat, for 50 pieces. And finally, Boach, the dog, for 80 pieces. They have all been pretrained, though the dogs have special attention. If you have any questions about the abilities of said Virtuamons, just ask Wall..nut."

You smirk at his terrible pun, but neverthless you believe he is offering some indisputable good deals.

Rani

"Legal!? Girl, how long have you been around here?" the man asks.

You reply about an hour, seeing no harm in telling him.

"Heh. That explains it. Listen here little girl. There is no law in this world. Maybe down in the central cities, but not out here. Now, I'm not asking you to go out right and murder someone. I just need a little something from someone who doesn't need it anymore. Do you think you can handle it, or should I find someone else more willing?"

You notice Tai approach. He seems rather interested in what you're doing, though you haven't actually done anything yet.

Tai

You stomp off, outraged at the thought that you would be asked to pay for a town map. You head over to Rani at the opposite side of the bazaar, and catch the merchant saying "Do you think you can handle it, or should I find someone else more willing?". You start questioning her, oblivious to the merchant you just interrupted. To you, she seems rather defensive.

Ash

"Ha. Boy, I fish for a living. Did you see those stalls back in town? Myself along with a few other fisherman catch all the fish for the town. These waters are loaded with fish. However, I need some bait. A dozen minnows would do me good. You can find them in the bazaar. Fetch me those and I'll teach you to fish. I may also sell you my spare rod, I never use it anyway."

You head back to Mr. Dimmers and accept his job, and not too soon, since he looked rather impatient. He laughs at your question.

"They only serve one kind of fish in town!" he laughs. "Not sure what its called, just fish around here. Prepared the same way every time too. But its certainly better than that yuck they grow on the farms at the edge of town"

You run to the market, out of breath when you reach the fresh fish stall. You spot Rani and Tai having a discussion at a stall across from you, in front of a rather shady merchant, who appears to be irratated at the recent turn of events.

A "Fish Paradise", you smirk at its generic name, costs 15 pieces. They also sell minnows at a piece per minnow.

Zeox

Irrated at the plot deadends lack of progress, you remember "The Tutorial" mentioning a warehouse at the edge of town. You spot it rising above the rooftops, but only make it to the bazaar. You were on the other side of town after all. You spot Ash at the fresh fish stall, and Tai and Rani at another stall. The shady merchant there looks rather irratated and it appears Tai and Rani are arguing.

Spoiler: Inventory (click to show/hide)

« Last Edit: April 22, 2011, 11:46:36 pm by Orb »
[Will:1] You scream. You scream like a little girl in pigtails and a tutu, flailing ineffectually like a starfish on meth.

Ricky

• Bay Watcher
  • Ancient Wizard Dance.
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: April 22, 2011, 11:27:17 pm »

Buy one fish and 15 minnows, Go back and deliver the fish to Mr. Dimmers for a half off flashlight and then give the fisherman the 15 minnows.
Ah, I wish I had been lucky enough to be scum.
I'd make such great scum...

ragnarok97071

• Bay Watcher
  • /人 ◕ ‿‿ ◕人\
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: April 22, 2011, 11:35:09 pm »

"I mean seriously, right out in the open? What if whoever the mark is sees you guys? I mean, it's not like you're hidden. at all."
Quote from: Wing, via Discord
I want a coat that doesn't make me look like a rear admiral from the East India Company

Taricus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: April 22, 2011, 11:40:51 pm »

"Would I be able to do some work in exchange for a dog?"

Might want to change the dog's name...
« Last Edit: April 22, 2011, 11:56:21 pm by Taricus »
Quote from: evictedSaint
We sided with the holocaust for a fucking +1 roll

Orb

• Bay Watcher
  • [Loves_RTS]
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: April 22, 2011, 11:46:11 pm »

"Would I be able to do ome work in exchange for a dog?"

Might want to change the dog's name...

So this is what random letters and not being of British heritage gets ya. Yah, I'll change it.

Orb

• Bay Watcher
  • [Loves_RTS]
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: April 23, 2011, 02:21:15 pm »

Need actions from Falcon/Furtuka.

Furtuka

• Bay Watcher
  • High Priest of Mecha
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: April 23, 2011, 02:38:07 pm »

Window shop
It's FEF, not FEOF

Hugehead

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: April 23, 2011, 03:41:00 pm »

Watching.
We're Bay12er's. If there is a bug, we will find it, exploit it, and make a recursive statue out of it. Just look up Planepacked.
When a dwarf enters a martial trance, they become Jedi. Short, drunken Jedi.

Johnfalcon99977

• Bay Watcher
  • The Herp Derp Assassin
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: April 23, 2011, 05:19:06 pm »

"I don't know about this, I may have to come back to you on that"

Try and find Wallace to make sure he didn't destory anything.
Also known as the Knowlagable, the Forgetful, and/or the Ignored

Please excuse my horrible awful linguistic skills.

Orb

• Bay Watcher
  • [Loves_RTS]
    • View Profile
« Reply #74 on: April 23, 2011, 07:38:37 pm »

Ash

You hand over 30 pieces for the meal and minnows

The meal is in a paper bag, so you have no trouble delivering it to Mr. Dimmers. You arrive at the shop a few minutes later and show Mr. Dimmers the meal.

"Ah yes. That is certainly a Fish Paradise" he says. He grabs the bag and starts taking out the various parts of the meal, and you have to remind him about the reward.

"So you want the 1/2 price flashlight?" he asks. "Certainly. I'll just take the price of the meal out of it. Its going to cost you ten pieces."

You hand one of your "X" coins over and he hands you a rather standard flashlight.

"Its battery will last a few hours, so use it sparingly. The clinic has a generator that runs its medical equipment, and you can likely charge any batteries you have, for a price."

You bid your farewells and head down to the beach.

The fisherman is in the exact same spot you found him. You hand him the minnows.

"15 minnows!? I only asked for 12. Well, I'll use the extras for the lessons. It'll take a while to show you how to operate these kinds of rods(1 turn), but I'll sell you my spare rod for 40 pieces afterwards. You in?"

You are getting hungry

Rani, Tai

Together you decide you'll consider it and inform the merchant.

"Well, its a first come first serve" the merchant says. "Your choice I suppose." He turns his back on you and starts fiddleing with something, obviously done with the conversation.

You both head down to the warehouse to check up on Wallace. When you enter a man in his 20s responds. "Oh, hello there. The Professor is busy with someone, but he'll be with you soon if you wait a bit. I'm Tom, by the way."

Rani is getting hungry. You could ask Tai for some of his provisions.

Wallace

You ask about a free dog.

"These dogs take quite a lot of work to train and food to grow. I've spent hours training these dogs. The only thing I can think of is that I need to deliver a prototype to the quantom mechanic down in BigLeaf, our sister town a few miles east. The route is dangerous for an unarmed traveller though. Hm."

He thinks for a half minute.

"Well, I could loan you one of the dogs. But you would have to pay a deposit of 80, and I still can't give the dog away for free. You'll only have to pay 1/4 of the price if you return with a signed note that you delivered it.

Zeox

You window shop.

The fresh fish stand sells a "Fish Paradise" for 15 pieces, and minnows at a piece each.

The preserved fish stand sells, you guessed it, preserved fish for humans at 15 pieces per ration, and for virtuamons at 10 pieces per ration.

The beast of burden stand sells the beasts, called Tarticas, at a whopping 250 pieces. You assume you'll have to come back later if you want one of these.

The clothes shop sells a generic winter clothing set for 40 pieces. It also sells generic regular clothing sets for 20 pieces each.

The last stand, from what you overheard, must be a job handout place. What kind of jobs, you aren't sure.

Spoiler: Inventory (click to show/hide)
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 11