Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: That FUCKING Unicorn  (Read 3444 times)

dude_ftw@live.com

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
That FUCKING Unicorn
« on: April 12, 2011, 08:04:08 pm »

Being the noob I'm I decided to embark on a Serene biome, so 1 year later, without ANY weapons I attack a unicorn. Rusults:

4 Deaths and 200 pages of combat logs.

Yeah. That bad. Anyways to the point, how do I assign weapons to certain dorfs?

zerin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: That FUCKING Unicorn
« Reply #1 on: April 12, 2011, 08:10:33 pm »

Oh, unicorns.

I once had a unicorn get inside, freak the hell out, and murder everyone in its attempt to flee. So I modded unicorns to be trainable and now have an army of war unicorns.

The elves, I imagine, have never been more surprised...

Moonshadow101

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 12, 2011, 08:13:02 pm »

If you were able to "attack" the unicorn, I presume you put them into a squad. When you make a squad, you're asked to pick a uniform (The default templates are "Leather Armor," "Metal Armor," "Archer" and something like "Wrestler.") If you picked leather or metal, they should pick up weapons by default.

If you have a specific weapon that you want to assign to a specific dwarf, you need to go a bit further in. On the equipment screen, select the dwarf you want to arm and go to his equipment on the right side of the screen. Hit >W< to add a new weapon, enter on "Specific Weapon," and then navigate to the weapon you want to give him. If it's not there, somebody else probably picked it up when you made the squad. Either remove that dwarf from the squad or manually go to their equipment screen and remove their weapon assignment by navigating to it and hitting enter.

This is usually not what you want to do, however: You usually want to either leave it on "Individual choice" (the default) or a general weapon category like "Axes." Leaving it on one of these means he'll upgrade to a better weapon if one is available, and you don't have to micromanage as much.

dude_ftw@live.com

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 12, 2011, 08:14:49 pm »

Oh. My. God. It escaped. My soldiers where unable to follow orders (all 10) for some reason, so I decided to let it bleed out. Oh and the best part is, IT HAS A TITLE NOW. One day, I'll take revenge, killed my expedition leader and proficient strand extractor.

Urist Imiknorris

• Bay Watcher
  • In the flesh, on the phone and in your account...
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 12, 2011, 08:22:27 pm »

Hey, guess what? They're kinda deadly. They're basically horses that can stab you to death.
Quote from: LordSlowpoke
I don't know how it works. It does.
Quote from: Jim Groovester
YOU CANT NOT HAVE SUSPECTS IN A GAME OF MAFIA

ITS THE WHOLE POINT OF THE GAME
Quote from: Cheeetar
If Tiruin redirected the lynch, then this means that, and... the Illuminati! Of course!

krenshala

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 12, 2011, 08:49:56 pm »

Hey, guess what? They're kinda deadly. They're basically horses that can stab you to death.
... with more than just their hooves.
Quote from: Haspen
Quote from: phoenixuk
Zepave Dawnhogs the Butterfly of Vales the Marsh Titan ... was taken out by a single novice axedwarf and his pet war kitten. Long Live Domas Etasastesh Adilloram, slayer of the snow butterfly!
Doesn't quite have the ring of heroics to it...
Mother: "...and after the evil snow butterfly was defeated, Domas and his kitten lived happily ever after!"
Kids: "Yaaaay!"

DarthCloakedDwarf

• Bay Watcher
  • Urist McCloaked
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 12, 2011, 09:02:41 pm »

...and proficient strand extractor.
Look on the bright side: at least it got the strand extractor too!
Yes. Clearly a bug that ought to be fixed in the future, but exploit it in the meantime.

Aescula: *snerk*  Just thought of a picture I saw a long tome ago...
Darth Guy: A long, long tome ago, in a library far, far away?

dude_ftw@live.com

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 12, 2011, 09:08:49 pm »

...and proficient strand extractor.
Look on the bright side: at least it got the strand extractor too!

That was when I had a BUNCH of adamantine to process. (Still 70 to go)

RopeMan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 12, 2011, 09:25:56 pm »

Now you're going to have to deal with dwarves making artifacts from your raw adamantine

Berserkenstein

• Bay Watcher
  • A giant humanoid monster with the head of a bull.
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: April 12, 2011, 10:53:20 pm »

... with more than just their hooves horn.

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: April 12, 2011, 11:09:31 pm »

To be fair, you did attack him unprovoked. You've only yourself to blame for his heroic actions earning him a title and fame.
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

dude_ftw@live.com

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: April 13, 2011, 06:40:57 am »

To be fair, you did attack him unprovoked. You've only yourself to blame for his heroic actions earning him a title and fame.

I was provolked, he was attacking my woodcutter and haulers. (It was probably brainwashed by the elves of something..)
« Last Edit: April 13, 2011, 03:18:41 pm by dude_ftw@live.com »

Lytha

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: April 13, 2011, 08:02:26 am »

I was provolked, he was attacking my woodcutter and haulers, idiot.
They clearly had provoked the unicorn in the first place. Perhaps by namecalling him as you just did.
Lytha likes fire clay, rose gold, green glass, bags, the colour midnight blue, and cats for their aloofness. When possible, she prefers to consume tea and cow cheese.

Encased in burning magma

• Bay Watcher
  • Nekkid
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: April 13, 2011, 08:24:11 am »

The unicorn was obviously incensed by your manners.
[MILL_CHILD:ONLY_IF_GOOD_REASON]

Oliolli

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:unlikeability]
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: April 13, 2011, 09:09:18 am »

The unicorn was obviously incensed by your manners.

A unicorn braunwashed by the elves O_O

Quote from: Girlinhat
When all you've got is an adjustable spanner and an entire freight warehouse of terrifying cogs and gears, everything looks like "just a prototype".
Quote from: ThatAussieGuy
You all turned Swordthunders into a bastion of madness that seems to warp in on itself under its own hatred of sanity.  I'm so happy!
Quote from: Loud Whispers
drowning babies everywhere o-o
Pages: [1] 2