Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 13

Author Topic: Pakistan to CIA: Hit the road, Jack  (Read 13370 times)

Urist is dead tome

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Pakistan to CIA: Hit the road, Jack
« Reply #15 on: April 13, 2011, 12:52:15 pm »

Overing. In the process of becoming over? Something like that. And it could be a lot worse over there.

I hereby declare that, Henceforth, "overing" has been added to the official dictionary of the Bay12 Forums.

Also post to watch.

Taricus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: April 13, 2011, 12:53:33 pm »

Watching.
Quote from: evictedSaint
We sided with the holocaust for a fucking +1 roll

Nikov

• Bay Watcher
  • Riverend's Flame-beater of Earth-Wounders
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: April 13, 2011, 03:22:06 pm »

What's to watch? If Afghanistan were Vietnam, Obama's bombing Cambodia. He does this against Pakistan's protests and it has eroded a key ally in the region. So much for his Peace Prize-winning diplomatic promise.
I should probably have my head checked, because I find myself in complete agreement with Nikov.

nenjin

• Bay Watcher
  • Inscrubtable Exhortations of the Soul
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: April 13, 2011, 03:31:26 pm »

Funny, you didn't seem that perturbed by the decision to use force against our allies wishes, wherever the hell we pleased, when it was done by a president you liked.

I'm curious what your answer is though, when your allies in the war on terror have insurgent leaders hiding out in their country, can't or won't get rid of them, and want to prevent you from going after them with unmanned drones. Just say "Okey, we'll fight the war on the other side of the border" and call it good?
« Last Edit: April 13, 2011, 03:37:50 pm by nenjin »
Cautivo del Milagro seamos, Penitente.
Quote from: Viktor Frankl
When we are no longer able to change a situation, we are challenged to change ourselves.
Quote from: Sindain
Its kinda silly to complain that a friendly NPC isn't a well designed boss fight.
Quote from: Eric Blank
How will I cheese now assholes?
Quote from: MrRoboto75
Always spaghetti, never forghetti

Duuvian

• Bay Watcher
  • Internet ≠ Real Life
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: April 13, 2011, 04:02:04 pm »

Funny, you didn't seem that perturbed by the decision to use force against our allies wishes, wherever the hell we pleased, when it was done by a president you liked.

I'm curious what your answer is though, when your allies in the war on terror have insurgent leaders hiding out in their country, can't or won't get rid of them, and want to prevent you from going after them with unmanned drones. Just say "Okey, we'll fight the war on the other side of the border" and call it good?

Hey, everyone makes mistakes. You can't say they weren't awfully tricky about it. It took people about two years before we started saying... okay... can we stop fighting now? Then there was some shitstorm kicked up in Iraq and it was civil war? for a while according to the press, so that was the reason then. After that though, I agree, I wish more people had caught on just a little sooner that it would be four more years of the same scandals, two wars and the money going to the contractors that most people have nothing to do with, beyond having to choose which news organization to believe.

EDIT: Talking about Bush 2 II by the way.
« Last Edit: April 13, 2011, 04:04:27 pm by Duuvian »
FINISHED original composition:
https://app.box.com/s/jq526ppvri67astrc23bwvgrkxaicedj

Sort of finished and awaiting remix due to loss of most recent song file before addition of drums:
https://www.box.com/s/s3oba05kh8mfi3sorjm0 <-zguit

Urist is dead tome

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: April 13, 2011, 04:07:32 pm »

What's to watch? If Afghanistan were Vietnam, Obama's bombing Cambodia. He does this against Pakistan's protests and it has eroded a key ally in the region. So much for his Peace Prize-winning diplomatic promise.

It seems that Obama is beginning to resemble Nixon.

Bouchart

• Bay Watcher
  • [NO_WORK]
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: April 13, 2011, 04:36:36 pm »

Let's face it.  Afghanistan was always a puppet state of Pakistan.  You can't clean up one without cleaning up the other.

Virex

• Bay Watcher
  • Subjects interest attracted. Annalyses pending...
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: April 13, 2011, 04:43:04 pm »

What does that make the Taliban? The red Khmer?

Strife26

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: April 13, 2011, 04:54:57 pm »

No Virex. You are the Taliban. And then Virex was a Taliban.
Even the avatars expire eventually.

Zrk2

• Bay Watcher
  • Emperor of the Damned
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: April 13, 2011, 05:01:13 pm »

Khmer Rouge. Anyway yeah; Obama gets Nobel Peace Prize. Made me actually ROFL.

Anyway Pakistan is still a clusterfuck. The ISI and whatchamacallhim have been letting the Taliban run wild in the western half of the nation, and taking bribes from America in the eastern half. The only reasons America keeps paying them is because they need someone for their dirty work, and to keep them from becoming overtly hostile, since the above mentioned CIA can fuck whatever covert resistance Pakistan mounts.
He's just keeping up with the Cardassians.

Zrk2

• Bay Watcher
  • Emperor of the Damned
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: April 13, 2011, 05:01:55 pm »

Khmer Rouge. Anyway yeah; Obama gets Nobel Peace Prize. Made me actually ROFL.

Anyway Pakistan is still a clusterfuck. The ISI and whatchamacallhim have been letting the Taliban run wild in the western half of the nation, and taking bribes from America in the eastern half. The only reasons America keeps paying them is because they need someone for their dirty work, and to keep them from becoming overtly hostile, since the above mentioned CIA can fuck whatever covert resistance Pakistan mounts.
He's just keeping up with the Cardassians.

Nikov

• Bay Watcher
  • Riverend's Flame-beater of Earth-Wounders
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: April 13, 2011, 10:35:30 pm »

The answer to part two lies in the details of part one; you be much more frugal with the cross-border strikes, as Bush was, and engage Pakistan diplomatically so their leadership accepts a few incidents in return for concessions, as Bush did. Not a difficult concept to grasp.

Edit: Speak of the devil. Them's a pair of brass ones, B.H.O.
« Last Edit: April 13, 2011, 10:48:01 pm by Nikov »
I should probably have my head checked, because I find myself in complete agreement with Nikov.

nenjin

• Bay Watcher
  • Inscrubtable Exhortations of the Soul
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: April 14, 2011, 01:40:54 am »

Ah. So when the White House is red, diplomacy be damned. When the White House is blue, now the WoT is totally negotiable and diplomacy comes first, because it's the opposition's responsibility. Gotcha. I believe you guys call that flip flopping.
Cautivo del Milagro seamos, Penitente.
Quote from: Viktor Frankl
When we are no longer able to change a situation, we are challenged to change ourselves.
Quote from: Sindain
Its kinda silly to complain that a friendly NPC isn't a well designed boss fight.
Quote from: Eric Blank
How will I cheese now assholes?
Quote from: MrRoboto75
Always spaghetti, never forghetti

Zangi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: April 14, 2011, 07:52:48 am »

Well, when you think about it... it has been the American Way to trample over others in the name of 'national security'.  Ever since WWI was it?
All life begins with Nu and ends with Nu...  This is the truth! This is my belief! ... At least for now...
FMA/FMA:B Recommendation

Urist is dead tome

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: April 14, 2011, 09:37:43 am »

Well, when you think about it... it has been the American Way to trample over others in the name of 'national security'.  Ever since WWI was it?

Your anti-American attitude is sickening at best. Not only that but exactly who did we trample over in World War I or II?
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 13