Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: Lords of Creation VI  (Read 1675 times)

Criptfeind

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Lords of Creation VI
« on: April 12, 2011, 02:10:19 pm »

Lords of Creation. The long running form tradition and possibly the game that started all the god games that seem so popular. But alas, the formites who normally run it seem to have faded away for the most part, and so too did LoC. But, now I have gotten a request to start a new game of it, so I thought, why not?

Welcome to the sixth installment of that forum classic. Lords of Creation!

In lords of creation each player is a god, a Lord of Creation if you will. The players work together to mold a multiverse with each other. As time goes by, the gods grow in power and mortals start to appear, soon realities clash and civilizations collide as the Lords of Creation play their game with the universe.

Sign up is easy, all you must do is post your god in the OOC thread and I will say if you are accepted, I will accept pretty much anything that is not hugely inappropriate. Once you are accepted you can then start posting.

Some parts of the game rely on D&D fluff, but do not worry over much about that as the rules of this game do not have much to do with D&D, if you need help with a fluff option (such as picking a class) PM me or post in the OOC thread.

Spoiler: Sign up sheet (click to show/hide)

Actions are the way your godly might interacts with the multiverse, but even gods have their limits and they can only do so much at a time. Thus you will be restricted to a certain number of action points per real life week and every Monday you will be restored to full.

Spoiler: Free actions (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Actions (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Combat (click to show/hide)

Because the Actions and combat were copy and pasted wholesale from the last game, there may be some errors. Post in the OOC thread if you have any questions.

When making a plane please use the information found in the SRD hypertext document for 3.5, found here http://www.d20srd.org/srd/planes.htm#planarTraits

You can role play the mortals in your flock. However, the power levels are limited. Keep in mind that less then one in perhaps many thousand will reach level five, and level 10 heroes are the type of people who are sung about for hundreds of years after their death.

Do not post anything OOC on this thread, all talk about the game and other things goes in the OOC thread.

AP does not carry over from week to week.

I'd say we can begin when we get five gods. Others can feel free to join at any time.

And yes a lot of this was taken from Psycho Jelly and Filiusenox. So a big thank you to Psycho and Filiusenox.

The OOC thread is here.
« Last Edit: April 12, 2011, 05:37:38 pm by Criptfeind »

Criptfeind

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Lords of Creation VI
« Reply #1 on: April 12, 2011, 02:11:01 pm »

Taiasar: Knowledge ((Taricus))
Reithan: Darkness ((ShadowZane))
Dwardus: Earth ((Dwarmin))
Céfiro: Fire ((Sneevil))
Sileo the Traveler: Wind ((Tyberix))
The Ethereal Harlequin: Jokes ((Fniff))
Krrillogg: Unhappiness ((RabbidHare))
Baidin: Magic ((Criptfeind))
Belgold: Forest ((Bdthemag))
« Last Edit: April 12, 2011, 04:41:39 pm by Criptfeind »

Criptfeind

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 12, 2011, 02:11:27 pm »

Buffer post.

adwarf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 12, 2011, 02:21:56 pm »

Nevermind sorry about that.
« Last Edit: April 12, 2011, 03:06:23 pm by adwarf »

NewsMuffin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 12, 2011, 02:46:25 pm »

Resisting... urge... to... create... Slaanesh...

EDIT:
Wow, I'm dumb.
« Last Edit: April 12, 2011, 02:48:18 pm by NewsMuffin »

Fniff

• Bay Watcher
  • if you must die, die spectacularly
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 12, 2011, 04:16:11 pm »

Ignore. Too early.
« Last Edit: April 12, 2011, 04:18:47 pm by Fniff »

Criptfeind

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 12, 2011, 04:17:18 pm »

Out of the Void a single spark, flashing with all color known and unknown, spiraled out of nothing. Slowly the spark solidified into a pure sphere of power as it floated in the void. Then it started to spin. Faster and faster tendrils of power started to grow from it, reaching into the void and lashing at the nothing that surrounded it. Then in a flash it was over. Where the sphere of power once was a glowing being stood. Shinning with a inner light, it turned it’s pupil less eye upon the void as other beings appeared, each in their own way. The Lords of Creation were created.

Fniff

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 12, 2011, 04:19:56 pm »

The first joke was told.

No-one knew what it was, only that it was the worst joke in the entire world. This understandable, since the world had never seen a joke before and was just a endless ocean in a dead plane. But, even this joke was inexcusable.

The first tomato to be thrown at the teller of the Joke was thrown by the Ethereal Harlequin. He had came into existence for the sole reason of booing the joke. The vast oceans of energy that were the only things on the plane at the time had reacted to the joke, and the Harlequin was the defense mechanism.

When the joke died, the Harlequin wondered what to do.

He decided he was powerful enough to do something.

The Harlequin created an island that housed a huge circus, in which joy and laughter would soon be heard from it. But, for now, it was silent. He had to wait until his energy came back.

Spent two AP making The Island Circus, one of the first lands. Create Land

Taricus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 12, 2011, 04:27:52 pm »

Taiasar looked onto the vast emptyness that was the material plane. His first action was to create something that a student could live on.

Thus the Knowledgeful lands were born.

Create the knowledgeful continent. 2AP
Quote from: evictedSaint
We sided with the holocaust for a fucking +1 roll

Criptfeind

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: April 12, 2011, 04:32:42 pm »

The glowing creature floated though the void, watching as the other Lords were created from the nothing. One of them already prancing though creation before the creature was finished being born. He watched as the prancing god moved out of the void as it found a new area of the nothing. He watched as the god called up a island, floating in the nothing with a structure already spring up upon it. He watched as the god then started on another creation. But this creation was harder for the dancing god. The god was already drained via the making of the floating island. But The glowing god felt the possibilities in the new creation. So he sent a tendril of power towards the dancing god. With the Glowing god’s power and the dancing god’s imagination the first life would be born.

Give AP: Give one AP to Harlequin.

Fniff

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: April 12, 2011, 04:38:18 pm »

The Harlequin sensed a disturbance. He was just born a few seconds ago, but something just happened. A brotherly feeling washed over him. He looked around, and in the distance he saw a scholarly God building a continent. The Harlequin knew that the God was...Somehow related. Not in an uncle or motherly kind of way...A, how you say, brotherly way. So, the Harlequin did what anyone in his position would do.

The Harlequin sneaked up to Taiasar and tickled him in the pits of his knees. The Harlequin laughed.

"Hello, brotherly acquaintance! What's your name?" He asked.

Then, a feeling of loneliness washed over the Harlequin. He was all alone with his brother. No friends, no family. Just a void and a few creations.

He would soon fix that!

The Harlequin made a hundred creatures all resembling him. They were humanoid, but they had a bit of a trouble with balance. They often fell over, or fell into custard pies. They also told quite good jokes. Their faces constantly wore a smile, and their clothing was ruffled and dirty, for their did not care to wash. They smelled bad, sure, but they were not made for such physical things. Their lives in the Circus Island were filled with jokes and friendship.

Create Populace: Clowns. Two AP.
« Last Edit: April 12, 2011, 05:36:31 pm by Fniff »

Bdthemag

• Bay Watcher
  • Die Wacht am Rhein
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: April 12, 2011, 04:44:44 pm »

Belgold looked forward into the vast emptyness of the world. He needed a land where his eventual followers would thrive.

Belgold created a large forest filled continent, filled with plant life.
Spent 2 AP to create The Planes of Gold
Well, you do have a busy life, what with keeping tabs on wild, rough-and-tumble forum members while sorting out the drama between your twenty two inner lesbians.
Your drunk posts continue to baffle me.
Welcome to Reality.

RabbidHare

• Bay Watcher
  • .!..!DisgaeaFTW!..!.
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: April 12, 2011, 04:49:49 pm »

The tiny, insignificant creature floated through the void for a millennia, nothing bothered it, and it bothered nothing.
The reason? well.. nothing existed.. 'till now. It had always been thoughtless, just putting all it's effort into moving forward.
But..
Something changed all that.. Something instant, something that made the tiny creature think.. react.. It would be called.. pain.

It's entire tiny body convulsed as something unseen harmed it, shocked it, beat it.
But.. this feeling, it pondered it as it felt it's body ripping and reforming, what WAS it really?..
That was the deepest thought the creature had thought 'till then.
As the pain started to reside, it noticed it was no longer a small insignificant it.. no.. She was now a huge, writhing mass of claws.. scales.. tenticals.. and a great, gaping maw. Of course, she, did not know what they were called yet, just that they were there, and that they were HERS to control.

Before long, she noticed an island with a strange looking and colored creature upon it. Had it always been there? or did it just get there..? She didn't know, but she was going to find out! As she swam forwards to converse with this funny being, she felt the immense pain wrack her body once again, and she could only deduct one thing.. It was the creature in front of her's fault. Of course, she couldn't get to him, so she had to bide her time.. make another plan!

First, she was tired.. she needed a resting place. The first thing that popped into her mind confused her, but she went with it..

Soon, blackish gas was immiting from her mouth, as it hit a central point it formed into a bauble, a HUGE black bauble. As it reached a satisfactory size, she swam into it, thinking "this is my home.." She was satisfied by what she saw inside, a huge, dark cavern, filled with the blackish substance, some of it forming cave walls and other bits of it forming water. This would be a home fit for a...
A Goddess...

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: April 12, 2011, 11:56:06 pm by RabbidHare »
NHP (Non human pact. Copy and paste if you are going to destroy all human-like creatures in spore.)

Taricus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: April 12, 2011, 04:50:22 pm »

"Ah, Hello sibling." Taiasar turned to the Harlequin. "I see you've also come here. I'd like to continue creating but I've spent my power."
Quote from: evictedSaint
We sided with the holocaust for a fucking +1 roll

Fniff

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: April 12, 2011, 04:52:25 pm »

"Hmm. Who are you again? You seem to have slipped from my memory. I know you are a God and you are a brother, but...I cannot tell whether we are at odds or not." The Harlequin said, his voice almost singing.

Pages: [1] 2