Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Adventure Mode interface sugestions  (Read 1303 times)

Bohandas

• Bay Watcher
  • Discordia Vobis Com Et Cum Spiritum
    • View Profile
Adventure Mode interface sugestions
« on: April 11, 2011, 09:45:07 pm »

Here are a few ideas that I had for improving the interface of advanture mode

The first three are reprinted from my Minor Tweaks thread

1.) Held/worn items in adventure mode should always appear at the top of the inventory/remove item/wear item/Interact with item interface listings.

2.) It would be nice to have the option for a BOX/DO_MEGA announcement whenever, you (but only you) lose posession of an item in adventurer mode (only). Its distrubingly easy not to notice that kind of thing in adventure mode (and yet, at the same time, i don't want to get spammed with this when playing dwarf mode)

3.) It would also be nice if there was some better indication of which creature you are targeting in an adventure mode battle. Given the fact that creatures 'a', 'b', and 'c' (et cetera) are usually the same kind of creature the creature type listings that serve as the only indication at present aren't really very useful. Optimally it would be replaced by something similar to the interface to select a building to link up to a lever, or by the appropriate letters flashing above each potential target (or something else of that nature).

4.) Also, it would be nice to have some way to dismiss companions.
NEW Petition to stop the anti-consumer, anti-worker, Trans-Pacific Partnership agreement
What is TPP
----------------------
Remember, no one can tell you who you are except an emotionally unattached outside observer making quantifiable measurements.
----------------------
Έπαινος Ερις

Zesty

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Adventure Mode interface sugestions
« Reply #1 on: April 11, 2011, 10:18:44 pm »

4.) Also, it would be nice to have some way to dismiss companions.

Feature exists. Puncture a vital organ of the companion you wish to dismiss.
Cuius est solum, eius est usque ad coelum et ad inferos

Funk

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Adventure Mode interface sugestions
« Reply #2 on: April 12, 2011, 01:21:28 pm »

just leave them sleeping.
(sleep then travel away when there still sleeping)
Agree, plus that's about the LAST thing *I* want to see from this kind of game - author spending valuable development time on useless graphics.

Unofficial slogan of Bay 12 Games.  

Death to the false emperor a warhammer40k SG