Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Gnaaah! Lag... x . x  (Read 379 times)

Draco18s

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Gnaaah! Lag... x . x
« on: February 25, 2008, 05:23:00 pm »

Since the Pocket Worlds version (176.33b?) my laptop hasn't had as high of an FPS.  33a and prior I was looking at roughly 40 FPS just after embark (higher or lower dependant on amount of terrain), here I'm gettin 15 on a map with 3 levels of variation (plus one for the lake bottoms).

And ideas what may be going on?

Error and Game logs aren't showing anything relevant.

Toady One

• The Great
    • View Profile
    • http://www.bay12games.com
Re: Gnaaah! Lag... x . x
« Reply #1 on: February 25, 2008, 09:47:00 pm »

Is it only the one map or have you tried some others?  The last few releases should be faster if anything.
The Toad, a Natural Resource:  Preserve yours today!

Draco18s

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 25, 2008, 11:20:00 pm »

Well, I'm going to bet that the answer is "no" as I get an FPS of <15 on the menu and any pause screens.

I've tried several locations on the same pocket.  Let me gen up some others.

Pocket world Seed 1:
--no forrest areas (weird, but ok)
--Found an area with mountains in the local, 2x2 had cliffs of 4-5, but was all "hilly" terrain of apparently similar hight (the hightmap was all the same color there)
--FPS: 14 on embark

Medium world Seed 1:
--Site spam?  9 Dwarven holds all bordering (or across the river from) each other, only place I saw it, did not check whole world.  This would be the second world-gen in a session.
--Embarked on a 3x3 instead of my ussual 2x2 to see if rivers/bodies of water still did funny things.  This one did not.
--11 z-levels (from bottom of a lake to an extreme mountain top (those grey solid triangles)
--FPS: 14 on embark

Standard world Seed 1:
--...60 rejects later...
--...unloading 15809 units later...
--Don't ever start a game where two "extra deep" rivers (the ones with two lines) cross and the only map tiles are river.  Weird shit happens (notably one river that falls 24 levels to a 2 level deep "lake" (it's called river) and the area where the river falls isn't revealed, i.e. openspace right next to black).  Looks like the two combined rivers excavated the entire middle of the map down to bedrock.  Exporting this crazyness to DFMA.  Link
--FPS on embark: 14

Draco18s

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 25, 2008, 11:22:00 pm »

QUOTE != Edit.

Ignore the site spam, I have 33b

[ February 25, 2008: Message edited by: Draco18s ]