Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 5

Author Topic: Reserving a well.  (Read 8320 times)

Lagslayer

• Bay Watcher
  • stand-up philosopher
    • View Profile
Reserving a well.
« on: April 10, 2011, 10:18:48 pm »

Can it be done? I'm trying to condition for fell moods, but I don't want my military dwarves to go berserk and kill everyone first. Do I have to put it in their rooms?
« Last Edit: April 26, 2011, 12:04:18 am by Lagslayer »

noob

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Reserving a well
« Reply #1 on: April 10, 2011, 10:21:52 pm »

burrows?
LOSING IS FUN!

dirty foot

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 10, 2011, 11:40:16 pm »

Wait...what are you trying to do, and why would the military kill people over it?

Necro910

• Bay Watcher
  • Legendary Drunk +5
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 10, 2011, 11:45:56 pm »

Wait...what are you trying to do, and why would the military kill people over it?
He's trying to piss dwarves off so he gets fell moods, but he doesn't want the military to go psycho over it.

He wants to assign a well to specific dwarves.

Oliolli

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:unlikeability]
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 10, 2011, 11:51:08 pm »

Throw the dwarf you want to get pissed off into a cavern (with water) and wall it off. Drop him the equipment he needs to build his own well, and have him build it.

Quote from: Girlinhat
When all you've got is an adjustable spanner and an entire freight warehouse of terrifying cogs and gears, everything looks like "just a prototype".
Quote from: ThatAussieGuy
You all turned Swordthunders into a bastion of madness that seems to warp in on itself under its own hatred of sanity.  I'm so happy!
Quote from: Loud Whispers
drowning babies everywhere o-o

dirty foot

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 11, 2011, 12:11:31 am »

He's trying to piss dwarves off so he gets fell moods, but he doesn't want the military to go psycho over it.

Oh, that kind of fell mood.

I thought he was going for the
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Necro910

• Bay Watcher
  • Legendary Drunk +5
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 11, 2011, 12:18:34 am »

Oh, that kind of fell mood.

I thought he was going for the
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
He wants dwarven boners bone items.

Lagslayer

• Bay Watcher
  • stand-up philosopher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 11, 2011, 12:35:29 am »

It's my !!SCIENCE!! project. I'm trying to see how a fell mood works in junction with the planepacked glitch. If my military dwarves go crazy, nobody is going to be able to stop them because they are so awesome. The military dwarves are needed to put down dangerous dwarves that would destroy the fort too quickly. At the same time, I'm trying to lower all my dwarves happiness very, very slowly, to keep them within relatively safe mood range, but still unhappy enough for a fell mood. So far, a couple are ecstatic, a handful are happy, a bunch are content, even more are "fine", and only a couple unhappy dwarves. With no booze, no beds (except for nobles and military), no engravings in the fortress proper (except for the bedrooms), and most of my dwarves sleeping outside, in the rain and on the ground, their happiness is dropping very slowly, precisely what I want. Will post within probably a couple days with the results.
« Last Edit: April 26, 2011, 12:02:53 am by Lagslayer »

Keldane

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 11, 2011, 01:25:42 am »

It's my !!SCIENCE!! project. I'm trying to see how a fell mood works in junction with the planepacked glitch.
You have officially taken my respect for the macabre nature of the Dwarf Fortress community to new heights. I applaud your project.
WARNING:Side effects may include fatal badgerstorm and sudden appreciation for nobles.

Necro910

• Bay Watcher
  • Legendary Drunk +5
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: April 11, 2011, 01:34:25 am »

It's my !!SCIENCE!! project. I'm trying to see how a fell mood works in junction with the planepacked glitch.
You have officially taken my respect for the macabre nature of the Dwarf Fortress community to new heights. I applaud your project.
Necro looses a roaring laughter, fell and terrible!

dirty foot

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: April 11, 2011, 01:45:06 am »

So, he is trying to instigate that mood. For some reason, I thought a fell mood was just the angry killing/breaking everything one. I now realize that is berserk, and I was completely misunderstanding his intentions.

So...this is actually possible? I thought you couldn't force the mood?

Keldane

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: April 11, 2011, 01:46:55 am »

So, he is trying to instigate that mood. For some reason, I thought a fell mood was just the angry killing/breaking everything one. I now realize that is berserk, and I was completely misunderstanding his intentions.

So...this is actually possible? I thought you couldn't force the mood?

You can't force it, necessarily, and you can give it every chance of occurring. Making as many of your dwarves miserable but not quite tantruming as possible, for example.
WARNING:Side effects may include fatal badgerstorm and sudden appreciation for nobles.

PTTG??

• Bay Watcher
  • Kringrus! Babak crulurg tingra!
    • View Profile
    • http://www.nowherepublishing.com
« Reply #12 on: April 11, 2011, 01:50:14 am »

I frankly don't know if this means that the dwarf in question will "collect" many dwarves or what, but I really, really want that to happen.
A thousand million pool balls made from precious metals, covered in beef stock.

dirty foot

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: April 11, 2011, 02:02:02 am »

I just looked up the planepacked glitch.

I now know why this is an amazing thing to attempt.

thegoatgod_pan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: April 11, 2011, 04:00:18 am »

I'm amused by how innocuous the title is, given that the basic plan seems to be not just to to torment dwarves into making hideous creations out of their bretheren, but to exploit the planespacked reality warp, in hopes of creating a super-stacked artifact, that may or may not contain dozens of murdered dwarves.
More ridiculous than reindeer?  Where you think you supercool and is you things the girls where I honestly like I is then why are humans on their as my people or what would you?
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 5