Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3]

Author Topic: Dwarfrassic Park (Resigning Jurrasic Park to Increase Dwarfiness)  (Read 2599 times)

DinosaurusRex_x

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Dwarfrassic Park (Resigning Jurrasic Park to Increase Dwarfiness)
« Reply #30 on: April 10, 2011, 11:18:56 pm »

How about we just genetically mutate humans to look like all the dangerous dinosaurs, so they retain their humanity, don't eat humans, ..or hell, even eat herbivore dinosaurs if we need to maintain our stock, instead giving them cows or whatever instead?

I know a good many people who would volunteer for such a thing.  Especially if they got rainbow laser mouth cannons as a part of the deal.
Play my picture adventure games: Roll to Dodge Mr T and You Are Douchebag!

Strife26

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: April 10, 2011, 11:19:53 pm »

Orbital. Kill. Sat.
Even the avatars expire eventually.

CoughDrop

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: April 10, 2011, 11:20:37 pm »

Yes. Wonderful at costing lives and money with no real returns.

I fail to see how you would come to such a conclusion. Would you rather tell your guests that "We have collars designed to sedate each creature should the need arise" or "We can annihilate any of these creatures with an orbital cannon... Should the need arise, of course."

To the "tranquillizers don't work well on reptiles", I'd bet there are ways to stop a reptile if the right precautions are taken.

Wait, why am I even arguing over this?
"It's one thing to feel that you are on the right path, but it's another to think yours is the only path."

DinosaurusRex_x

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: April 10, 2011, 11:24:11 pm »

Results from my above hypothesis:

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Strife26

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: April 10, 2011, 11:36:31 pm »

Note that's there's absolutely *zero* costly propellant in the orbital kinetic impact weapon (or OKIW for short). OKIW's use only the power of gravity to strike their target, as per F=MA (or close enough for our purposes).

What makes you feel safer? A glorified flea collar not unlike what I put around my cat's neck, or THE ABILITY TO CALL DOWN ZUES'S THUNDERBOLTS?

Criptfeind

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: April 10, 2011, 11:37:16 pm »

Yes. Wonderful at costing lives and money with no real returns.

I fail to see how you would come to such a conclusion. Would you rather tell your guests that "We have collars designed to sedate each creature should the need arise" or "We can annihilate any of these creatures with an orbital cannon... Should the need arise, of course."

Dude, I don't care about PR. I care about saving lives. I made three points about this already, go back and refute them if you want me to change my mind.

Edit: Rods from god strike with the power of a nuke. No thanks.

Strife26

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: April 10, 2011, 11:41:59 pm »

But that's the glory of this power! *We* decide the power. From the size of a tube of toothpaste, to a roll of toilet paper, to the baseball bat, to the telephone pole, to the semi-truck. However big the problem is, we have the right size of OKIW to do the job!

As we see from this chart, mass of the impactor to equivalent tnt charge is a continuous function. We've got choices!

ragnarok97071

• Bay Watcher
  • /人 ◕ ‿‿ ◕人\
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: April 10, 2011, 11:43:22 pm »

On the topic of robots: This is Jurrassic park, not robot park.

Kill-Sats: weapons are not allowed in space, remember? Also, it would take too much time and manpower to produce.

Last for today
Quote from: Wing, via Discord
I want a coat that doesn't make me look like a rear admiral from the East India Company

DinosaurusRex_x

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: April 10, 2011, 11:48:08 pm »

Mehn, just inject a tracking collar in the spines of all the dinos on the island and plant an AEGIS combat system along the shores.

Instant dino-death for any out-breaks!

CoughDrop

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: April 10, 2011, 11:53:51 pm »

The issue was that the safety things went down, I am sure your little collars would never get the signal, even if they were on batteries or what ever there would be nothing to give it.

In addition to that another issue was that they were breeding without anyone knowing about it, so they would not even all have collars anyway.

...So you are saying that the technology to keep a device running for long periods of time is not available to us? I don't really see how they wouldn't work.

The breeding thing is an entirely different subject.

I could even see a chip being planted inside their skull that could explode being another alternative. Or perhaps putting the collar somewhere that it has the ability to sever muscles? I have a feeling that you're just kinda playing around...

Mehn, just inject a tracking collar in the spines of all the dinos on the island and plant an AEGIS combat system along the shores.

Instant dino-death for any out-breaks!

That is exactly what I was going for. Is cript going to say that the collars won't be able to receive signals or something?
"It's one thing to feel that you are on the right path, but it's another to think yours is the only path."

Strife26

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: April 10, 2011, 11:57:22 pm »

Actually, it's only weapons of mass destruction that aren't allowed in space. Poles of metal are a-ok. Also, we're not a government nor are we a governmental power, so it's totally kosher! The technology for putting stuff in orbit already exists, and stuff falls out of orbit all the time!

DinosaurusRex_x

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: April 11, 2011, 12:00:20 am »

Its the breeding where the problem is in terms of tracker collars.

In which case only let one gender out.  Preferrably all males.
Keep VERY FEW females in complete isolation and/or for breeding experiments.
« Last Edit: April 11, 2011, 12:05:32 am by DinosaurusRex_x »

Criptfeind

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: April 11, 2011, 02:02:10 am »

Don't worry, we handled it by only letting females out.

Oh wait.
Pages: 1 2 [3]