Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2] 3

Author Topic: Dwarfrassic Park (Resigning Jurrasic Park to Increase Dwarfiness)  (Read 2596 times)

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
Re: Dwarfrassic Park (Resigning Jurrasic Park to Increase Dwarfiness)
« Reply #15 on: April 10, 2011, 10:23:38 pm »

Well... the basic problem right now is that there's no real guidelines, so "Attach warning signs" and "Install orbital laser array" are equally viable. You need some kind of system to tell players what's within decent bounds, even if it's a bad idea or infeasible.

Even something as simple as a more detailed scenario might suffice. Maybe every player is a contractor working under a board of incompetent executives, played by you, and the "best" solution is implemented each round and then affects coming rounds. So ostensibly, the goal is to produce the safest, most cost-effective solution, with the general incompetence shoving that closer to "come up with the cheapest thing you can successfully pitch to an inept committee," with said solutions inevitably coming back to haunt everyone.

That's just an example, of course. I'd be happy to provide more specific advice.
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

Furtuka

• Bay Watcher
  • High Priest of Mecha
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: April 10, 2011, 10:31:03 pm »

Nvm wrong portion of defenses ignore this post
It's FEF, not FEOF

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: April 10, 2011, 10:33:12 pm »

Freakin dissect a Dilophosaurus so we'll know how to remove the poisons sacs this time
THE GUESTS WANT AN AUTHENTIC EXPERIENCE!

That reminds me, we should totally have alternate agendas to cover what incompetence and laziness won't with malice.
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

ragnarok97071

• Bay Watcher
  • /人 ◕ ‿‿ ◕人\
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: April 10, 2011, 10:35:56 pm »

... Irony, that is a wonderful idea. In fact, that was basically what I was going for, but I failed at presenting it correctly. You can feel free to suggest nuking any problems from orbit, but you're most likely to get fired for it.

Of course, I intend to start giving more... interesting demands as the rounds go on, as well.

For example:
-The objective must be able to be operated by one person, with a minimum of specialized knowledge, but be versatile enough to stop anything from an ant to Godzilla. It cannot make use of automation in any manner.

Irony, you are a goldmine. I'll add that to the list of 'shit to pull on the players once the game gets started' list.
Quote from: Wing, via Discord
I want a coat that doesn't make me look like a rear admiral from the East India Company

Criptfeind

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: April 10, 2011, 10:39:49 pm »

Do I win?

Not really. Cause the funny thing is, that does not really solve anything. The issue was that the safety things went down, I am sure your little collars would never get the signal, even if they were on batteries or what ever there would be nothing to give it.

In addition to that another issue was that they were breeding without anyone knowing about it, so they would not even all have collars anyway.

As for the bunkers they already HAD things like that in the movie, turns out the smarter dinos can enter the human areas. That also screws over everyone outside the bunkers when shit goes down.

Furtuka

• Bay Watcher
  • High Priest of Mecha
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: April 10, 2011, 10:41:28 pm »

Make the gates using dwarven drawbridges
It's FEF, not FEOF

Criptfeind

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: April 10, 2011, 10:49:28 pm »

Make the gates using dwarven walls.

ragnarok97071

• Bay Watcher
  • /人 ◕ ‿‿ ◕人\
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: April 10, 2011, 10:58:00 pm »

The Chairman looks at you derisively. "I don't see how drawbridges will stop a T-Rex."
I want a coat that doesn't make me look like a rear admiral from the East India Company

Strife26

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: April 10, 2011, 10:59:43 pm »

How is this working now? Just making a direct proposal to the board?
Even the avatars expire eventually.

ragnarok97071

• Bay Watcher
  • /人 ◕ ‿‿ ◕人\
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: April 10, 2011, 11:01:24 pm »

You propose stuff. The board (me) points out anything they possibly can, and may slap on additional requirements for little or no reason, even if you are just about to meet the current ones, and the new ones make no sense.

DinosaurusRex_x

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: April 10, 2011, 11:06:55 pm »

The dilophosaurus DID NOT HAVE POISON SACKS.

Jurassic Park used "creative liberties" *cough* bullshittiedit100%becausetheythoughtitsoundedcoolatthetime *cough* to make the dilophosaurus.  edit:  No facial fins or whatever either.

Source:  Dinofanatic.

Addendum:  For a venomous dinosaur, check out the Sinorthnisaurus.   There is a debate going on right now but it is the most probably to have some.   From the velociraptor family, just a little smaller and more feathery.  Its like a big leathery chicken that would prey on you at night and unleash toxins.  How sweet!
« Last Edit: April 10, 2011, 11:09:06 pm by DinosaurusRex_x »
Play my picture adventure games: Roll to Dodge Mr T and You Are Douchebag!

Criptfeind

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: April 10, 2011, 11:10:25 pm »

MAKE THE DINOS ROBOTS!

Strife26

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: April 10, 2011, 11:12:57 pm »

What's the best way to control dinosaurs? Orbital kill-sats. of course. We'll use kinetic impactor plans, colloquially known as "rods from god." If a dinosaur escapes containment, a guy on another continent sees it from orbit and then drops a rod of tungsten the size of a baseball bat on it. No problem. No risk.

Plus! No cost. We'll get DARPA to fund the whole thing!
Even the avatars expire eventually.

CoughDrop

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: April 10, 2011, 11:14:15 pm »

I still fully support my collars.

R&D would make them work most wonderfully.
"It's one thing to feel that you are on the right path, but it's another to think yours is the only path."

Criptfeind

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: April 10, 2011, 11:15:33 pm »

Yes. Wonderful at costing lives and money with no real returns.
Pages: 1 [2] 3