Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: does the planepacked glitch still work?  (Read 741 times)

Lagslayer

• Bay Watcher
  • stand-up philosopher
    • View Profile
does the planepacked glitch still work?
« on: April 10, 2011, 05:47:01 pm »

Also, does the workshop need to be "outside", or just not included in the burrow?

billybobfred

• Bay Watcher
  • [PRONOUN: she:her:hers:herself]
    • View Profile
Re: does the planepacked glitch still work?
« Reply #1 on: April 10, 2011, 06:09:47 pm »

Yes it works, and the shop just needs to be outside the burrow.
urist mcgeorg, who lives in boatmurdered and makes over 10,000 bad decisions each day,

AdeleneDawner

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 10, 2011, 06:13:31 pm »

It did as of .12, so I expect so. My first fort nearly had one - would have, if I'd figured out what was going on rather than deciding that the game was terminally glitched and force-quitting. If I remember correctly, the dwarf decided which workshop to go to while he wasn't in a burrow, and was assigned to a burrow on his way to the workshop. He then took stones from the burrow to the workshop, which was still not in the burrow. I think that extending the burrow to cover the workshop would have broken the loop, when I was ready to do that, but I don't remember if I actually tried doing so or not. (Don't think so tho.)
Dying (ceasing to be alive) is also not a Moodable skill. Even totally unskilled Dwarves seem to do it correctly.

slothen

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 10, 2011, 08:01:59 pm »

I think that extending the burrow to cover the workshop would have broken the loop

yes
While adding magma to anything will make it dwarfy, adding the word "magma" to your post does not necessarily make it funny.
Thoughts on water
MILITARY: squad, uniform, training
"DF doesn't mold players into its image - DF merely selects those who were always ready for DF." -NW_Kohaku

FearfulJesuit

• Bay Watcher
  • True neoliberalism has never been tried
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 10, 2011, 08:02:30 pm »

Since burrows don't actually tell a dwarf where it can be but just where the objects it can use are, what if you forbid a workshop that's claimed?

@Footjob, you can microwave most grains I've tried pretty easily through the microwave, even if they aren't packaged for it.

RTiger

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 11, 2011, 05:35:34 pm »

I made an earring with 160 engravings :)