Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2] 3

Author Topic: R:TW - The galling gauls  (Read 2843 times)

ed boy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: R:TW - The galling gauls
« Reply #15 on: April 10, 2011, 08:20:26 pm »

You would only have enough to build the port right now.

adwarf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: April 10, 2011, 08:22:19 pm »

Thats fine. Land clearance next turn also I just noticed won't my unit upkeep take up almost all of my income ?

Criptfeind

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: April 10, 2011, 08:27:39 pm »

Alright. Correct me if I am wrong here, it looks like... I make (After money I give to you and money you give to me) 1004.5 per turn, and I am spending 1100 per turn. That can not really go on for long I think.

Questions, am I at the outer edge of the kingdom? It looks so, I shall have to invest in defense then. Are there any none fraction towns nearby me?

I will move my guy to the town with his army, and build up a farm. Also, what is that building between the farm and the wall? I can not place it.

Edit:
I just noticed won't my unit upkeep take up almost all of my income ?

Huh. If I am correct, you are going to be losing several hundred a turn.

Can we sell units to the kingdom?
« Last Edit: April 10, 2011, 08:29:49 pm by Criptfeind »

adwarf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: April 10, 2011, 08:29:12 pm »

I am pretty sure that is a market

ed boy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: April 10, 2011, 08:38:16 pm »

Thats fine. Land clearance next turn also I just noticed won't my unit upkeep take up almost all of my income ?
The city would have earned you 1599 this turn, if it were not the first turn. After tax, that would be 800, plus the 500 stipend means you would have a total income of 1300.
Your unit expenditure is 1220 per turn.

You started with a particularly large army, however. Keep in mind that the romans lie to the south, and they are quite tough.

Alright. Correct me if I am wrong here, it looks like... I make (After money I give to you and money you give to me) 1004.5 per turn, and I am spending 1100 per turn. That can not really go on for long I think.

Questions, am I at the outer edge of the kingdom? It looks so, I shall have to invest in defense then. Are there any none fraction towns nearby me?

I will move my guy to the town with his army, and build up a farm. Also, what is that building between the farm and the wall? I can not place it.

Edit:
I just noticed won't my unit upkeep take up almost all of my income ?

Huh. If I am correct, you are going to be losing several hundred a turn.

Can we sell units to the kingdom?
The city would have earned you 1052 this turn. After tax and stipend, that would give you  1026. Your total unit upkeep is 1130.

To your east is a rebel town. To your southwest is the spaniards.

For the first few turns, I'm going to let you sell units to the ruling team at 80% of the training price (the ruling team has limited money, though, so you won't be able to flog off everything.

The building between the farm and the wall is the trader, the level 1 market building.

Can I confirm that when you both say "move the general to the town", you are including the units in the general's stack?

Criptfeind

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: April 10, 2011, 08:40:23 pm »

Yes, but wait for a sec.

Do we have info on how the level of the rebel towns walls? And how many guys it has.

adwarf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: April 10, 2011, 08:41:28 pm »

Yes that is correct.

ed boy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: April 10, 2011, 08:57:47 pm »

Do we have info on how the level of the rebel towns walls? And how many guys it has.
We do not know.

You asked about walls, so I'm going to tell you about sieges in R:TW.

A town can have one of five levels of walls: wooden palisade, wooden wall, stone wall, large stone wall, epic stone wall.
A town must be at the town level for palisade, large town level for wooden wall, minor city level for stone wall, large city level for large stone wall, and huge city level for epic stone wall.
With any army, you can lay siege to an opposing town. The town has food stocks to last for a certain number of turns, based on its wall level. If the siege is maintained for a that many turns, the army inside the town dies and the town is taken. The sieging army can be driven off and the siege broken if it is attacked and beaten (be it by forces from inside the town or outside). Similarly the siege can be ended early if the attackers manage to kill the defenders. This can happen during one of the defender's attacks or when the attackers assult. When laying siege to a town, your army gets a certian number of build points, the more people in the attacking army the more points. These points can be used to build siege machines. They are as follows:
Ram (50bp)
Ladders (15bp)
Siege tower (75bp)
Sap point (75bp)
Against both types of wooden wall, the only machine available is the ram. The walls are not thick enough to stand on, so ladders and towers are useless. Similarly, they do not have proper foundations, so sapping (tunneling underneath to destroy the walls from below) is useless.
With the stone wall types, all four machines can be built. Stone walls are thick enough to stand on, so combat takes place on the walls. An attacking army on the walls can then capture the gatehouse and towers along the wall. Towers fire automatically and without any troops stationed in them. Stone walls and higher can pour boiling oil from the gatehouse on opposing troops that assult the gate, so rams are not advisable against stone walls or higher.
Siege machinery like onagers can be built later on, but they are an advanced unit type.
Any questions on sieges?

Criptfeind

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: April 10, 2011, 09:01:57 pm »

Okay. Cool. Just like in the other games then (with the addition of sappers.) I will send my army that is outside the walls to the east, and then have the army on the inside meet up with it. Lets see if we can sack a town.

Pillow_Killer

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: April 11, 2011, 07:36:13 am »

Ill send my army in as well and try to CLAIM THE VICTORY
Quote from: x2yzh9
every man faps to every person he knows/likes. I've done that for about 2 girls that I've liked really, and it's because they have big boobs. 'Nuff said amirite?

TolyK

• Bay Watcher
  • Nowan Ilfideme
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: April 11, 2011, 07:50:11 am »

Nuke it all from orbit.
a.k.a. watching  :D
My Mafia Stats
just do whatevery tolyK and blame it as a bastard mod
Shakerag: Who are you personally suspicious of?
At this point?  TolyK.

ed boy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: April 11, 2011, 08:25:56 am »

To the same rebel town? I don't think you're going to be able to get there in time.

You can see the locations in the minimap in the lower-left of the screenshots. You are in the middle of spain. Criptfiend is in the southwest of france. Adwarf is in the north of italy.

You can find a map of the initial political situation here.

We, the gauls, are the greens in france. The bright blues are the british, The mauve are the germans, the whites are the rebels, the browns are spaniards, the light greys are carthaginians. and the reds, blues, purples and greens in italy are the roman factions.

Nuke it all from orbit.
a.k.a. watching  :D
Would you like to go on the waiting list? the next time a family member comes of age, you can start your own team with them.
« Last Edit: April 11, 2011, 08:29:42 am by ed boy »

TolyK

• Bay Watcher
  • Nowan Ilfideme
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: April 11, 2011, 08:27:21 am »

nah, I have too many RTD's/forum games/mafia games to play/GM, and I don't quite get the rules, so no thanks, I'll just be passive (well, and do the occasional comment  :D)
My Mafia Stats
just do whatevery tolyK and blame it as a bastard mod
Shakerag: Who are you personally suspicious of?
At this point?  TolyK.

ed boy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: April 11, 2011, 08:37:20 am »

Also, a few things that will help streamline the running of the game:

If public happiness gets too low, the cities will start to riot/rebel. Therefore, if you tell me to raise taxes in a town, or to move an army out of it, I will assume you mean to keep taxes low enough or the hold enough people back to prevent this. If you want to do otherwise, say so.

Similarly, I will accept any candidates for adoption/marriage. If you want to do otherwise, say so.

ed boy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: April 12, 2011, 12:53:26 pm »

To the same rebel town? I don't think you're going to be able to get there in time.
I'm going to have to ask you for confirmation of this, I don't think you understand the distances involved. Consider the political map.
Your troops are currently stationed in Numantia, in spain. Cript's in in Narbo Maritus, in the southwest of france. The rebel town in question is Masillia, right next to Narbo maritus. His troops are going to arrive and probably resolve the situation long before yours arrive.
Pages: 1 [2] 3