Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Bring out Your Dead  (Read 950 times)

Umune

• Bay Watcher
  • Not all who wander are lost.
    • View Profile
Bring out Your Dead
« on: April 10, 2011, 08:49:09 am »

In my first successful fort I have four squads of danger room'd, steroid inject'd, surgery abus'd dwarves of various weaponry. While I have yet to get a siege (bring it), I have had multiple overlapping ambushes from elves (tasty) and gobbos (iron). I currently have tons of dead bodies lying around; is there any way I can use them as makeshift ammo to fling at other invaders? Or, is there someway I can set them on fire...just for lulz?

RTiger

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Bring out Your Dead
« Reply #1 on: April 10, 2011, 08:50:38 am »

Atom smasher is probably the easy way, or just use a bridge a pult for lolz

GaxkangtheUnbound

• Bay Watcher
  • To the skies!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 10, 2011, 10:31:24 am »

You could change a useless reaction to turn corpses into stone. It wouldn't require a regen.
Proud of my heritage.
Prepare to lose your sanity.

Umune

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 10, 2011, 03:25:04 pm »

I am mainly going for the amusement of catapult dead enemies at their comrades, or merchants. I once read about the Large Dwarvern Collider...I wonder...

Nidokoenig

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 10, 2011, 04:31:27 pm »

Now, we've heard of live goblins hitting each when they're all dropped from a great height simultaneously onto spikes; one guy lands on his almost dead mate, kills him and gets barely a bruise. Whether dropping corpses on enemies from a walkway or catapulting them by raising a a drawbridge would actually damage them would be an interesting bit of !!SCIENCE!!, but drawbridges are far to inaccurate weaponise what they throw that way. But if you just want to load them into a catapult, a custom reaction to turn them into stone or ballista bolts is the way to go.

Try dumping all the corpses on a retracting bridge ten z-levels or so above the entrance to your fort. Next time someone comes in, drop the lot on their heads. If it doesn't give them any wounds at all, try it on the elves' next caravan and see if it spooks them.

Umune

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 11, 2011, 03:33:41 pm »

So, if the falling gobbo hits another one, the one that fell survives... That should mean that a dead corpse, while weighing less than a live gobbo (no clothes, armor, weapons, organs) should do as much damage from high enough a fall, without anyone surviving. Maybe if I collected just totems, skulls, and heads of those last few ambushes (Goblins and Elves!)... I love this game.