Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Adventure Fail  (Read 1128 times)

Thatdude

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Adventure Fail
« on: April 10, 2011, 07:18:26 am »

So my latest elf adventurer in looking to seek revenge on the human civ that has taken over the world (killing the dwarves as they did). Do the usual: Save, steal some better equipment then go on a murderous killing spree. I would if it weren't for one thing. Every time I go to aim an attack, the game crashes.

Now I'm guessing this is nothing new. If I did a little digging, I bet I would find about 10 threads on this bug. But I'm not looking for Toady to solve it. I want to just have a work around. So the question is: Is there a way to make a civ angry at me without actually aiming an attack at one of them.
Because being a thief just makes them not talk to you and arrows fly straight through them. As do any other projectile fired. Any ideas?

Dutchling

• Bay Watcher
  • Ridin' with Biden
    • View Profile
Re: Adventure Fail
« Reply #1 on: April 10, 2011, 07:38:04 am »

Steal their stuff in their shops?

EmperorJon

• Bay Watcher
  • Still waiting...
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 10, 2011, 08:11:23 am »

Because being a thief just makes them not talk to you

Steal their stuff in their shops?

¬¬

Anyway, hmm... you could... I dunno, stand on their tile and press 5? I doubt that'd work. Hm.
I think it's the way towns develop now. In the beginning, people move into a town. Then they start producing tables, which results in more and more tables. Soon tables represent a significant portion of the population, they start lobbying for new laws and regulations, putting people to greater and greater disadvantage...
Link for full quote. 'tis mighty funny.

Angel Of Death

• Bay Watcher
  • Karl Groucho?
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 10, 2011, 08:19:26 am »

If you steal their stuff then try to talk to them more than once they usually attack.
99 percent of internet users add useless, pulled out of arse statistics to their sig. If you are the 1%, please, for the love of Armok, don't put any useless shit like this in your sig.
Hidden signature messages are fun!