Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4

Author Topic: My baron wants dwarf leather clothes.  (Read 6662 times)

dirty foot

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: My baron wants dwarf leather clothes.
« Reply #30 on: April 10, 2011, 11:11:51 pm »

[This has relevance.]

I'm pretty sure that this is a very clever fake :D
I only know U.S. law pretty well, and selling any portion of your body here is insanely illegal. That would include selling human leather products.

I'm not too sure, but considering the degenerate nature of the "occupation," there might also be something like this covered in the Geneva Convention. I know there's a section that covers destruction of body or health. The wording isn't all that specific, but it could also mean even if the "victim" agrees. If it does apply, it's actually considered a war crime, lol.

yggiz

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: April 11, 2011, 05:54:26 am »

[This has relevance.]

I'm pretty sure that this is a very clever fake :D
I only know U.S. law pretty well, and selling any portion of your body here is insanely illegal. That would include selling human leather products.

I'm not too sure, but considering the degenerate nature of the "occupation," there might also be something like this covered in the Geneva Convention. I know there's a section that covers destruction of body or health. The wording isn't all that specific, but it could also mean even if the "victim" agrees. If it does apply, it's actually considered a war crime, lol.

I hope it is fake. Maybe, but that chakra talk makes them sound crazy legit. Would have been great if it was a PETA site.

MarcAFK

• Bay Watcher
  • [INSANITY INTENSIFIES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: April 11, 2011, 06:58:56 am »

[This has relevance.]
I just discovered that the image that site uses is ripped off wikipedia, or vice versa... i'm inclined to think it may be a joke now..
Specifically http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/File:Leathertools.jpg off the http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Leather page....
They're nearly as bad as badgers. Build a couple of anti-buzzard SAM sites marksdwarf towers and your fortress will look like Baghdad in 2003 from all the aerial bolt spam. You waste a lot of ammo and everything is covered in unslightly exploded buzzard bits and broken bolts.

Rushmik

• Bay Watcher
  • Militia? Oh, you mean *serrated steel discs*
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: April 11, 2011, 07:27:41 am »

The elves... They are reality!  :o

Fniff

• Bay Watcher
  • if you must die, die spectacularly
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: April 11, 2011, 08:32:15 am »

Guys...

We have a Buffalo Bill Dwarf on our hands. Execute him immediately before another Dwarf become Hannibal!

Hammerstar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: April 11, 2011, 09:12:47 am »

It rubs the conditioner in its beard...

Oliolli

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:unlikeability]
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: April 11, 2011, 09:28:22 am »

If he were asking for elf leather there would be no problem...

Quote from: Girlinhat
When all you've got is an adjustable spanner and an entire freight warehouse of terrifying cogs and gears, everything looks like "just a prototype".
Quote from: ThatAussieGuy
You all turned Swordthunders into a bastion of madness that seems to warp in on itself under its own hatred of sanity.  I'm so happy!
Quote from: Loud Whispers
drowning babies everywhere o-o

Alastar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: April 11, 2011, 10:33:51 am »

I really wish it was possible to have more fine-grained control over tasks, like being able to specify general or exact items (most frequent offender: a specific stone type, or of any metal that's available if we don't care).
Items contrary to dwarven ethics (as defined by the raws, not the ethics of df players!) should be possible to order but rarely made when something generic is asked for. If something creepy is made, it should have a chance of giving non-deviant dwarves a negative thought depending on how strongly discouraged this is... and perhaps erase/weaken the taboo for the active civ if it's fantastically made, we're talking about dwarves here.

Fniff

• Bay Watcher
  • if you must die, die spectacularly
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: April 11, 2011, 10:42:15 am »

It rubs the conditioner in its beard...

Or else it gets the magma again!

MarcAFK

• Bay Watcher
  • [INSANITY INTENSIFIES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: April 13, 2011, 05:05:35 am »

It rubs the gnomeblight on it's skin else it gets the badgers again?
I just gave myself an idea, i might mod in badger poison for no real reason, or maybe elf poison... I'll litter it around the trade depot..
They're nearly as bad as badgers. Build a couple of anti-buzzard SAM sites marksdwarf towers and your fortress will look like Baghdad in 2003 from all the aerial bolt spam. You waste a lot of ammo and everything is covered in unslightly exploded buzzard bits and broken bolts.

Triaxx2

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: April 13, 2011, 07:31:39 am »

For shame. Worrying about the skills of a baron. Of a NOBLE. The power of MAGMA compels you destroy this foul, interloping invader.

With a Magma powered Lignite bathroom. And by powered I mean ignited.

dirty foot

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: April 20, 2011, 04:18:19 pm »

I have a Baron obsessed with slabs, to the point of irritation. I've taken to building them all in his room.

Mickey Blue

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: April 20, 2011, 07:05:21 pm »

My most recent mayor was great, he loved bolts and kept mandating they be made and/or demanding they not be traded.. Seeing as I keep regularly creating bolts for restocking my military (I usually run my basic military with two melee units and one ranged unit) these were easy as pie to take care of.

-MB

MythagoWoods

• Bay Watcher
  • Beware it's deadly sway!
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: April 20, 2011, 07:38:03 pm »

Is it wrong that reading through this I can only thing of the Baron as either Urist McHannibal or Urist McMarquis de Sade?

So glad my baron keeps banning the export of catapult parts or demanding I make them.  Shame catapults still suck.
My cows are war trainable. BEWARE THE BATTLE CATTLE!

Kalalification

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: April 20, 2011, 08:05:33 pm »

My duke tends to mandate rock coffers. Power to him. Mayor on the other hand. Well, let's hope he doesn't get re-elected or else I might be using some more exquisite leather myself.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4