Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 5

Author Topic: Let's Play: Liberal Crime Squad  (Read 6512 times)

breadbocks

• Bay Watcher
  • A manacled Mentlegen. (ಠ_ృ)
    • View Profile
Let's Play: Liberal Crime Squad
« on: April 10, 2011, 12:13:07 am »

Yes, another one. Because the game is fucking awesome. We'll be playing with Classic Mode, so no Conservative Crime squad, because they are asses, undoing all I work for, Hardcore mode, because it's more fun working from the bottom, and No Compromise Classic, because Elite Liberal is the only way to go.

Since I don't want to deal with the nightmare of choices you would be bound to give me, I chose the history myself. Update's images

His name was Bartholomew Critchley.

Our hero was born the day the Mac was made. (C)

Every time he got into trouble, his parents didn't care enough to do anything but take his toys, but he found a solution to that soon enough. (A)

The leader to-be spent elementary laughing it up. (E)

At the poor age of 10, his parents got into increasingly bad fights. They despised each other, until one day, one of them snapped. (C)

After elementary school, he got into gaming, but that cost him his social status. (D)

His parents in desperation sent him to religious counseling. But that only made the problem worse. (D)

Before much longer, he began to take over peoples minds. He learned how to make them dance a puppeteer's dance. (E)

At the ripe age of 15, the boy, becoming a man, left his family for violent alley scum. (B)

When he turned 18, a rifle was bought. (B)

The leader spent his time, growing in skill, and stealing from corporate fiends. (A)

Liberalism is but forgotten. Yet, a glimmer of hope stands in the pool of darkness cast by the shadows of the demon president, Walter Bremer.

In 2009, the Liberal Crime Squad was founded, by a man known to himself as Bart Critch, but to the world as breadbocks.

I am he.

If you want a person, just give me a shout, and tell me what sort of jobs you want him to do, and I'll see what I can do. First person to suggest one gets the slogan.

So, shall we play Liberal Crime Squad?
Clearly, cakes are the next form of human evolution.

breadbocks

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Let's Play: Liberal Crime Squad
« Reply #1 on: April 10, 2011, 12:13:37 am »

Table of Contents:

Key: A chapter is a period between failures. A Part is an update, in which I do stuff, possibly including dying, proceeding to the next chapter.
« Last Edit: April 10, 2011, 01:18:59 pm by breadbocks »

Bdthemag

• Bay Watcher
  • Die Wacht am Rhein
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 10, 2011, 12:14:35 am »

Slogan- "Truth, Justice, and the Liberal Way!"

And add me as Bdthemag, let him gain alot of persuasion.
Well, you do have a busy life, what with keeping tabs on wild, rough-and-tumble forum members while sorting out the drama between your twenty two inner lesbians.
Your drunk posts continue to baffle me.
Welcome to Reality.

Korbac

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm very annoying, so tell me to STFU if need be
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 10, 2011, 12:16:11 am »

Add me as my namesake, Korbac. Give me all the menial jobs.  :D

Phantom

• Bay Watcher
  • Asiatic Asian
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 10, 2011, 12:22:34 am »

If you get the chance, get a Highschool Dropout, train him in Rifles or Unarmed and name him after me. Make him drive around horribly.

On a different note, I have a challenge. Kidnap six agents and brainwash them into a squad of LCS Agents. Extra points if they are named after Matrix agents.

breadbocks

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 10, 2011, 12:25:54 am »

OK, let me just go urinate, and I'll see what I can do. Prepare for update with 2.5 hours.

Bdthemag

• Bay Watcher
  • Die Wacht am Rhein
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 10, 2011, 12:28:48 am »

OK, let me just go urinate, and I'll see what I can do. Prepare for update with 2.5 hours.
It takes you two and a half hours to urinate?
Well, you do have a busy life, what with keeping tabs on wild, rough-and-tumble forum members while sorting out the drama between your twenty two inner lesbians.
Your drunk posts continue to baffle me.
Welcome to Reality.

breadbocks

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 10, 2011, 12:34:31 am »

No, but it does to do the game for the update, and then make the update.

breadbocks

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 10, 2011, 01:05:19 am »

We started out small. Nothing more than myself, my gun, a slogan, and an idea. Well, I simply couldn't let things stay like that. But before I was to be able to do anything, I needed to get some equipment.

I couldn't afford to buy much, but I got what I needed. A crowbar, and some spraypaint. I could leave a message.
(I failed to get a screen of the shelter.)
So I went to the homeless shelter, and made my mark. A lot. Then I left.

Now I needed more people, to help me carry on the cause, should something unfortunate happen... I had begun talks with a mutant I met at the homeless shelter, but one person a squad does not make. I needed more. The first place I checked was the coffee stand downtown. Nada but dirty conservatives. The next place I went was the internet cafe. There my luck was a little better. I found no Liberals, but plenty of moderates who were willing to hold meetings later. It took more than a week total, but I had some new converts to the cause.

First, we have Korbac, our Mutant. She'll be spending most of her time fixing our shredded clothing and making disguises, though.

Next, we have Phantom, the Teenager. I look forwards to teaching him the art of spine crushing.

Third, we have Itnetlolor, our College Student. He'll do some writing work for us when he isn't out playing music for the masses.

Finally, we have Bdthmag, the Transient. He'll go with Bd when he goes to rock out, and spend the rest of the time changing peoples minds with his crazy skills.

I also picked up a guru hacker (Seriously. 8 programming skill. It's fucking insane.) and a thug who won't tell me their names. So, I let Korbac churn out first rate police uniforms, until we were out of cash for them, then I too the extras to the pawn shop for a cool cash infusion.

Then I got an idea. It was devious. I knew how I could turn those foolish Conservative's own sweatshops against themselves. I ordered Korbec to make some Security uniforms. He made two perfect ones, and one with only a minor mess up. It was perfect. So, we suited up, and took off.

It was only a small harvest the first time, but I knew where this could get us. It only cost half the materials to make clothing while we're using the sweatshop's cloth against us. That means double the profit. And the conservatives didn't suspect a thing.

We went back the next day, but this time, I wanted to try my luck. I even rescued an oppressed individual, if only to help out back at HQ making cloths to sell. But then... Disaster.

It ended there... (Lesson learned. A 2v1 advantage isn't good enough with no dodging skills. I didn't have anybody with 100 juice, so nobody took over. Good thing I backed up a save this time.)

[BZERT]

Today, I considered trying to loot the sweatshop. Then I considered the results.
« Last Edit: April 10, 2011, 04:59:32 am by breadbocks »

Itnetlolor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Steam ID
« Reply #9 on: April 10, 2011, 01:32:45 am »

Find an artist with some driving skills, and I am he.

BTW, I would advise quitting immediately after creating your character, and backing up the save. Provided you like the name and history. Consider it a good ol' reset button on the whole game (think Final Destination or similar), chaos to nothing happened foresight for the entire game. Shouldn't qualify as a savescum seeing it's the absolute beginning.
« Last Edit: April 10, 2011, 01:35:35 am by Itnetlolor »

breadbocks

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: April 10, 2011, 03:46:20 am »

OK, I've given up. I ended up subbing out Critchley for Carr. :shrug: Anyways, update 1 is on the way.

breadbocks

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: April 10, 2011, 05:04:56 am »

And 1:1 Is done. I need to be more careful.

Burnt Pies

• Bay Watcher
  • Captain Brunch!
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: April 10, 2011, 06:15:18 am »

If you can pick up someone with Swords skill, I'll take 'em. Swords are awesome.
I can read box now
Also, I am a bit drunk
Refrigerator

Stworca

• Bay Watcher
  • Iron Tad
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: April 10, 2011, 06:31:42 am »

Any 9 or 10 Agi characters? Give him a katana and that's me! Whoo!  ;)

I'm sure you know this, but just for helping sake : Mutant lab animals are awesome way to train dodge. Just jam S button! Their attacks only bruise most of the time, and miss more often than not.
I just ramble incoherently for absolutely no reason.

breadbocks

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: April 10, 2011, 06:45:28 am »

I know how to play. Just not do it very well. :P

Burnt, not anymore. The latest version nerfed them so now they are beyond useless. I'll make one person with swords. You and stworca can duke it out to see who gets the character.
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 5