Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 11

Author Topic: Anything can happen: Feel free to join, anytime!  (Read 7669 times)

DinosaurusRex_x

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Anything can happen
« Reply #15 on: April 10, 2011, 04:32:12 pm »

"Get here?" Blane asks, blinking.

"I never left.  Born and raised.  I watched this city go from a great little southern American town to the junkyard it is today.  Didn't even leave for school like all them other kids.  Whole lot that fancy college education is doing them these days."

"You though..  You wandered in here 3 days ago on complete zombie auto-pilot, half-delirious from dehydration and sun-madness, and babbling some ol' non-sense about birds following you and the what-not.  Nothing was there.  You better believe, sure did look.  You pretty much collapsed after I started talking back and giving you some straight talk.  Alls I know about you is that you had cut parachute straps attached to your back, and were armed to the teeth."
« Last Edit: April 10, 2011, 04:34:58 pm by DinosaurusRex_x »
Play my picture adventure games: Roll to Dodge Mr T and You Are Douchebag!

Phantom

• Bay Watcher
  • Asiatic Asian
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: April 10, 2011, 04:35:22 pm »

"I was supposed to be sent back to Chechenya...
CHYORT!"

Daniel is shooting into a distant house, signs of panic quite obvious on his face.

"I've had enough of that in Ukraine!"

Fniff

• Bay Watcher
  • if you must die, die spectacularly
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: April 10, 2011, 04:36:43 pm »

Blankey wanders to where Daniel is and presents the strange object to him. Blankey smiles, and pushes the mysterious object into David's hands.

"Check this doo-day out, David! Oh...I had a mooooooornnnningg..." Blankey started singing again.  "Where I found this piece of thingy on the grouuuuuuuuuuunnnnnnnnd...It was such a good mooooooooooooooooornnnning...I loooooved it soooo-hooooooooooooooooo!"

Phantom

• Bay Watcher
  • Asiatic Asian
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: April 10, 2011, 04:38:50 pm »

Daniel is rather peeved by the fact a heavily modified assault rifle was pushed out of his hand, discharging and nearly nailing him.

"Sir, what the hell was the point of that?!"

DinosaurusRex_x

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: April 10, 2011, 04:40:14 pm »

"Chech-ne-wha?"

Blane raises his eyebrow once the shooting continues and sighs.

He watches Blankey do his skit and starts walking back into the adventure's starting building to get out of the sun.

"This shit again.."

Fniff

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: April 10, 2011, 04:41:16 pm »

"It's a thingy! Thingys are the best! I once had a thingy that fired other stuff! It was the best christmas ever! Also, it's your birthday Comrade Tim!" Blankey said naively. You had to wonder if he even knew what he was doing.

"But there is a special thingy that must be the best thingy! That's my thingy!"

Phantom

• Bay Watcher
  • Asiatic Asian
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: April 10, 2011, 04:46:30 pm »

Daniel looks at the object shoved into his hands before setting it down. He sighs.

"More odd crap. How I was even sent here, I will never know."

Daniel picks up his AN-94 Abakan, and thankfully, it wasn't damaged by the dolt. He unloads the dry magazine and replaces it, puts the safety on, and slings it on to his shoulder. He straightens his black beret, and wonders how he managed to survive here in the first place. Politely handing back the item to Blankey, he heads off to a different part of the town.

Fniff

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: April 10, 2011, 04:55:05 pm »

Blankey skipped away to another building, digging in his pockets. He found a scrap of paper with some application on it. Something about Private Jones Everett, the Frost Wars and a biological war between China and UK caused by said Private Jones Everett. It also mentions something about a biological disease that deactivates certain areas of the brain in light doses and deactivates the brain completely in heavy doses. Blankey being Blankey, he tossed it aside without a first, second or third thought.

After enjoying himself with the thingy, he moved on to searching the houses, singing inanely all the way. After a while, he found an interesting section of a house. It was a false floor, which lead down to a dark basement. It seemed to be a makeshift fallout shelter filled with rations, water, beds and, shall we say, "Entertainment For The Boys". The only thing in this fallout shelter was a 6 year old girl.

"Hello tall man! Would you like some sediment based software?" Blankey grinned. The little girl chuckled.

"Heh heh, you are funny. My name is Oprah. What is yours?" Oprah asked.

"My name is Sir Blankey! I am the space knight from outer space!" Blankey said in a very hammy manner. It wasn't that he was good with children. He was good with children in the same way a child is good with children.

Phantom

• Bay Watcher
  • Asiatic Asian
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: April 10, 2011, 04:56:26 pm »

Daniel has done the rather bad choice about exploring the sewers, finding...

Oh dear.

DinosaurusRex_x

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: April 10, 2011, 04:57:23 pm »

All Blankey hears inside his head is the chittering.  The chittering took him over long ago and ate away at his frontal lobe. His way to fight back was not to think about his actions and just act on manic impulse.

Things didn't look so hot for Daniel now either.  Maybe that's what he has, maybe he has something else.

Blane didn't know why he heard drums instead.  Beating away.  Sometimes slower, sometimes faster..  Maybe that's why he was able to actually touch the monkies to get them out for at least a little while.  He only heard the chittering of the monkies when they got close to him, every morning when he was still in bed in that split moment before he truly woke up the chittering was so loud, all around him...  until the drums drowned them out..

Fniff

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: April 10, 2011, 05:04:53 pm »

Blankey found a candy bar for the kid, and headed out to do whatever he considered important in his half dead brain. Apart from the chittering, the only thing he heard was something about a thingy that sort of looked like a scrap of paper but electronic and on the occasion glimpses of knowledge. Unlike many other amnesia stricken protagonists, he didn't care about his past. It didn't trouble him, it didn't trouble anyone he knew and it sure as hell didn't do anything with his life.

He marched up the stairs, and found a radio. Unlike many other thingys, he knew what this was.

"The Squad Radio, VHF FM (wide band), a small hand held unit for very local communications within ground forces." Blankey said without truly knowing the meaning, like someone reciting a poem written in a forgotten tongue. He smiled, and walked off in search of his teammates.

DinosaurusRex_x

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: April 10, 2011, 05:08:13 pm »

Bodies.  A pile of them.   Mostly decomposed, and smelling of something fierce.  The sewage was mostly evapourated around here so the winds of shit and death filled his senses, making Daniel gag in his throat, just barely holding back puking.

That wouldn`t be the worst of it, if it weren`t for the giant sewer rats eating them, ripping into mostly decayed organs for what little food they could find.  Maggots were swarming everywhere too, so much buzzing, so many flies, and that organic `slurching`sound..

Why would all these bodies be stashed in here?  Must be at least a week old judging from the look of them.

Fniff

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: April 10, 2011, 05:13:38 pm »

One body moved. Daniel's breath stopped.

The body jittered around, arcane energy flooding it's being. Then, metallic plates grew from the skin, replacing it. Soon, the body was all the wrong parts of nature and technology.

It stood up, and looked Daniel straight in the eye.

"SYNTHAX ERROR ERROOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO---error." It said in a voice that alternated between too high to a machine and too low to be human.

Phantom

• Bay Watcher
  • Asiatic Asian
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: April 10, 2011, 06:50:53 pm »

"In the name of God! Vernutʹsya k chert s vami!

Daniel unslung his assault rifle and began to spray, letting loose precious rounds of 5.45mm ammunition. In desperation, he tries his helmet mounted radio.

"Can anyone out there hear me!? I NEED SOME DAMN HELP!"

DinosaurusRex_x

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: April 10, 2011, 07:04:16 pm »

Blankey's radio snap crackles and pops to life:  "***STATIC***KKKKSSSRRRSSS"ne out there *KST* 'ear me? I NEED *KSS* OM DAMN HELP!*KSHT*"
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 11