Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 19 20 [21] 22 23 ... 25

Author Topic: "Rinsewind the First-Bolts" - A hole for craven cowards and misfits.  (Read 30547 times)

Darvi

• Bay Watcher
  • <Cript> Darvi is my wifi.
    • View Profile
Re: "Rinsewind the First-Bolts" - A hole for craven cowards and misfits.
« Reply #301 on: June 02, 2011, 02:35:11 pm »

I'm still waiting for the okay from Kohaku.

Ghills

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #302 on: June 02, 2011, 06:10:53 pm »

HEEEEEY!

Uh...what? *is confused*
It's technically still my turn.

1) You let NW_Kohaku take your turn.
2) You then disappeared from the thread.
3) When you reappeared, you didn't say anything about taking a turn, or mention any steps towards moving the game forward.

All this adds up to you abdicating your turn. If that wasn't your intent, you should have made that clearer.

I'm still waiting for the okay from Kohaku.

If it's your turn, dwarf up and play.  Don't try to mess up the posted turn order so that other people will hand you a lovely-shiny-elfy year to play.
I AM POINTY DEATH INCARNATE
Ye know, being an usurper overseer gone mad with power isn't too bad. It's honestly not that different from being a normal overseer.
To summarize:
They do an epic face. If that fails, they beat said object to death with their beard.

Darvi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #303 on: June 02, 2011, 06:14:14 pm »

You can take the turn after this one, where the military should be fairly stable.

I never gave my turn away, I merely let Kohaku take another turn before mine.

And I never disappeared, I just didn't have anything to say, 'sall.

But yeah, if tha's how you want it, gonna download it now.

Ghills

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #304 on: June 02, 2011, 06:45:26 pm »

NW_Kohaku disappeared for far longer than the week we decided on and enforced. So yes, if it's your turn it's your turn.

If you have questions, ask them.

If you want to totally avoid whatever-it-was that scared you off, feel free!

If the fort devolves into a swirling mass of !!FUN!!, whatever, this is DF. Community forts are practically supposed to do that. 
Ye know, being an usurper overseer gone mad with power isn't too bad. It's honestly not that different from being a normal overseer.
To summarize:
They do an epic face. If that fails, they beat said object to death with their beard.

Darvi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #305 on: June 03, 2011, 04:56:45 pm »

So I just got migrants when I noticed that the spreadsheet isn't up to date. I'll have to work on that.

We also have two ethical5's on the sheet. Yeesh.

We have 19 undorfed people and 17 migrants. Close call.

If anybody here isn't on the list yet but wants to be dorfed, there's plenty of space in the waiting list now!

...18 undorfed people without the one ethicalfive.

So now Lord Snow is the only person on the sheet who hasn't been dorfed yet.
« Last Edit: June 03, 2011, 05:40:14 pm by Darvi »

Ghills

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #306 on: June 03, 2011, 06:00:02 pm »

More victims inhabitants, hurray!  Are any of them haulers?
To summarize:

Darvi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #307 on: June 03, 2011, 06:21:31 pm »

Aye. Two exclusive haulers  and a couple furniture haulers too.

Anyways, turn part 1:

New year, new overseer. We had actually planned for Dutchling to become the new overseer, but he's ahh... unavailable at tha moment.
So Kohaku returned to tha position she held the year before last.
Not tha the other dorfs know it of course. Lass be too paranoid to assume a position of power again.
So instead I got appointed with her as me "advisor". Suuure, let tha mason deal with the politics while ye go messing around with ya plants!
Ah well. Better start legislatin' 'n stuff.

First off, she told me to manage tha military. We still dinnae have a proper militia, and they be quite inexperienced.
First thing I did was ta appioint Patchy as a militia c'mmander.
She wus kinda eager for tha job too, so I handed her some Steel armor and a spear and pointed her to tha barracks.
Or at least tha's what I'd have done if we had any spears. I told tha smiths ta make some of 'em, er, post-haste!

Next I told tha marksdorfs to also use that other archery targets. What did they think those were good for decoration?

Then Kohaku told me to tell tha miners dig a "special" training room fer tha military.
I dunno what she means by special, but I guess i can't be too harmful since a lack of a decent military would also mean her death, so I did that.

Oh dear, Truean seems to be under attack from a capybara man. Aight lads 'n lasses, show those freaks what your weapons're made of.

"...Steel?" ...Aye, steel. Now shove it up some capybara arse.

Aight, tha room's done. But 'parently we're lacking tha stuff needed fer tha actual room.

Ha! Look at tha coffin I made! What a masterpiece! But whaddya expect from tha best friggin' mason on tha fort? Of course only tha best!

So 'parently tha capybara men are all gone! G'job boys! And girls! Booze's on me today!

And another one! I should start exporting me coffins to tha elves! Complete with pointy-eared grave stuffers! Ha!

Tha spears be finished! Here ya go Patchy!

Tha miners 'n smithys seem to be slackin' off. To keep their skills in good shape I told 'em to dig more 'n make some gold stuff respectively.

Aight, enough making coffins. While I'm away from tha masonry, somebody should pick up all this Basalt 'n Gabbro stuff I made while I'm grabbin' a drink!

Somebody made a statue of Kohaku. Heh.
Maybe I should put it in her room, maybe she'll be less paranoid if she has a twin watching over her.

---

It seems like we have migrants. As the "official" overseer, it was of course me job to greet them personally and individually.

Here's who we got:

-woose1, cheesemaker
-breadbocks, cook
-Noble Digger, Baron (lies and slander. The guy doesn't look like he ever touched a pick, not with those arms!)
-rex mortis, manager. I told him we already had one, but Kohaku seems to be okay with the idea. More time for her farm, I guess.
-Jurph, mechanic
-NotPete, doctor
-Pete, his imaginary friend
-jazy15, soapmaker
-chocorokk, hauler
-jeoshua, also hauler
-Oliolli, butcher and tanner
-Lord Braindead, furnice op, glassmaker and furniture hauler
-Sting_Auer, bowyer and furniture hauler
-Fniff, another doctor
-Sonlirain, glassmaker
-Dohon, axedorf
-Crazy Cow, smith
-Slugman, leatherworker
-billybobfred, furnace operator

Gotta admit, tha's a lot of people. If it goes on like this, we're gonna be tha new mountainhome!
Well, time to get everybody some new quarters. Especially tha b100b100d.

One of tha newcomers got possessed jus' as he entered tha fort. Dammit Dutchling, it ain't his fault ye're dead!

An ambush! Everybody to their positions!

Kohaku's shouting orders around like nobody's business. Eh, I'll let her do that. I'm not good at figuring out tha military anyway.

Oh. It seems like our Baron jus' got struck down. Okay guys, ye can stop digging, he won't be needin' tha room anymore!

Dutchling jus' finished creating Ozonvathem, a basalt mechanism!
Is that a sign from him? Mabye he's trying to tell me to make some magma traps or something.

Speaking of magma.

Elves.

Oooh joy.
Kohaku seems to be happy for some reason though.
I dunno wha's going through her head, we've got treehuggers outside and she's happy about it? What has the world come to?

She has traded one of our crowns fer three of tha blasted elves' spears. Shoddy quality, and made of wood too!
"Ah, but that's what makes them so perfect!"
... I have no idea what she's talking about.

Truean

• Bay Watcher
  • Ok.... [sigh] It froze over....
    • View Profile
« Reply #308 on: June 03, 2011, 07:32:09 pm »

Oh dear, Truean seems to be under attack from a capybara man.

:P crap. Anything lost/broken? Hauling will be safe they said... All you have to do is move stuff around they said, what could be simpler or steadier work they said. No one mentioned anything about half animal/halfmen abomination offspring of John Lithglow's head and his foot (but uglier than both combined) trying to mess you up!!
The kinda human wreckage that you love

Current Spare Time Fiction Project: (C) 2010 http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=63660.0
Disclaimer: I never take cases online for ethical reasons. If you require an attorney; you need to find one licensed to practice in your jurisdiction. Never take anything online as legal advice, because each case is different and one size does not fit all. Wants nothing at all to do with law.

Please don't quote me.

NotPete

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #309 on: June 03, 2011, 10:46:22 pm »

The dwarf known only as "NotPete" works diligently on a recently wounded patient
"All right, so the leg bone connects to the uhh..."
"Hip bone. You shouldn't of have pulled that out by the way." Came a voice from the doorway.
"Oh. High Pete."
"Hi there! Hows it going?"
"I've been seeing a therapist you know. He says your just a repression of my love of Cheese."
"He's the one that told you to be a doctor, right?"
"Your not real. I'm better, see, I've been taking medication."
"Uh-huh. You should really look at that patient. The blood's starting to pool."
"I'm taking medication..."

A small furry ball, which, on closer inspection, reveals itself to be a dwarf's head, peaks through the door
"So, Pete..."
"It's not Pete, it's..."
"Right, whatever, NotPete, how's the Baron doing."
NotPete glances at the femur in his right hand
"Err...Elves. Elves killed the Baron. Yup."
"Ok..."
"...I've been taking my medication..."
The fuzz ball nervously bobs its way out of the room
Pete pats NotPete on the shoulder
"Good luck with that buddy."
« Last Edit: June 03, 2011, 10:53:46 pm by NotPete »

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
« Reply #310 on: June 03, 2011, 11:03:40 pm »

Oh. It seems like our Baron jus' got struck down. Okay guys, ye can stop digging, he won't be needin' tha room anymore!
:'( :'( :'(
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

Darvi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #312 on: June 04, 2011, 05:13:19 am »

Nah, GWG's fine. 'twas our new baron who died.

Dariush

• Bay Watcher
  • I don't think I !!am!!, therefore I !!am!! not
    • View Profile
« Reply #313 on: June 04, 2011, 01:57:19 pm »

Sign me up for a turn. Also, I'd like a dorf, any legendary, preferably something related to metalsmithing, stoneworking or mining.

Darvi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #314 on: June 04, 2011, 02:26:17 pm »

I can't guarantee any legendary qualities, but we have only one stonecrafter and blacksmith respectively, so I'll add you as both, okay?
Pages: 1 ... 19 20 [21] 22 23 ... 25