Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2 3

Author Topic: CONSPIRACY, SCAM, OR HOAX [Caution: Long, pictures] [Round one-Writing Phase]  (Read 2494 times)

eclipsetail

• Bay Watcher
  • [HIGH_FIVES]
    • View Profile

CONSPIRACY

[kuhn-spir-uh-see]
–noun, plural -cies.
2. An evil, unlawful, treacherous, or surreptitious plan formulated in secret by two or more persons.
3. A combination of persons for a secret, unlawful, or evil purpose.

SCAM

[skam]
noun, verb, scammed, scam•ming.
–noun
1. A confidence game or other fraudulent scheme, especially for making a quick profit; obtaining benefits via fraud.

HOAX

[hohks]
–noun
1. Something intended to deceive or defraud.

I stopped opening my television. I grew sick of the medias and their sensationalism shtick. I remember last time I did so. "Journalist kidnapped by Al-Qaeda, family requesting funds to help him be brought back home". Meh, kind of boring, let's change the channel. "HISTORY NOW: Proof that Jesus had several wives!" I'm all lost in this, it seems like nothing makes much sense when brought together! We can't even be sure if Jesus really existed or not! But, what if some people did know? Maybe they could show me the light?

As a matter of fact, you do, because you are a mighty CONSPIRASPY!

How much exactly are the medias toying with us? I ask. Quite a lot, you tell me. But how exactly do you know that? You claim you have your contacts, and that your informed minority has figured it all out. Could it be that you actually really know THE TRUTH, the whole truth about what actually happened during all these events?

You reply with a firm YES.

I believe it's about time your information gets exposed. The outside world has the right to know.

And this brings us to a whole new game of CONSPIRACY, SCAM, OR HOAX?!

Every round, the players will be presented an event of the past with a brief summary of this event. The players will then have to use the full potential of their creativity, and decide if the event was a CONSPIRACY, a SCAM or a HOAX. They will have to write a few sentences/a paragraph explaining what really happened, and PM it to me.

Once the writing phase is over, I will post all of the theories at once. People will then have to decide which of the theories are their three favourites, rank these three, and PM me their ranks.  Ranking a theory first means you give the player who wrote it three points, ranking it second means you give him two, and ranking it third grants him a point.

Example: I vote for the theories.
First place: Theory #8 (Toony's) (+3)
Second place: Theory #4 (Eclipse's) (+2)
Third place: Theory #5 (Toady's) (+1)
I would give 3 points to Toony, two points to Eclipse, and one point to THE GREAT TOAD.

The total score of a player is the sum of the points every player has given him/her during the rounds. Of course, you cannot vote for yourself. If you're back there in the score list, and you figure out who wrote which message, then you can help yourself by not giving a bigger lead to someone ahead of yours, and such things!

The player with the most points at the end of the game proves his worth as the creme of the conspiraspies!

But there's something special! The theory of the player who amassed the most points during a round becomes canon in history! Further theories will have to take into account the fact that some things changed. So the more the game advances, the more things become a little freaky!

I'm still thinking about the appropriate number of game rounds. Probably ten, but if you want to suggest a number of turns, you can.

And of course, we need the rules:

1. NO POLITICAL/RELIGIOUS/RACIST/HOMOPHOBIC/HATING AGENDA FULLFILLING. It can't be helped, politics and religion are two things that are recurring in history. Still, everything is meant to be fun.  Fear, anger and hatred are good fuel for conspiracies, and it's encouraged to use these tools. Yet, cross the line and you'll get the axe.

2. TAKE THINGS WITH A GRAIN OF SALT. Louis Riel is your hero. Turns out he was a Russian spy trying to find weaknesses in (lol) Canadian politics. I'm sorry that the memory of your hero was butchered, but it's all in good fun. No one is meant to take this seriously.

3. NO EXTREME REWRITES (Unless that's the point of the round!) BAM THE AMERICANS DOESN'T EXIST! Um okay cool, you have just removed a ton of possible directions for the game, and things other players can use in their own theories. Your rewrite has consequences. Keep the Great Man Theory in mind most of the times. Without Orville Redenbacher, we wouldn't have pop-corn, or certainly not in the form we know it now. No Albert Einstein, modern physics are shot in the foot. Think of the consequences of your theory, and don't make it too extreme. Change is great, too much change becomes bad for the game.

4. Being public about which theory is yours is ALLOWED. Taking credit for theories that weren't yours is ALLOWED.  Since the voting phase is a strategic moment of the game every player is free to take risks to try and influence the vote of other players.

I reserve the right to add more rules later. I'm open to suggestions!

Player List

1. Strife26
2. Demonsoul
3. Jack AT
4. Dr. D
5. Usec_officer
6.Bdthemag
7.Dino
8 Ricky
9. Deviled

(Before people yell TOO SOON at me about the Japanese earthquakes, I know. It's a serious issue going on at the moment, and turning it into a farce certainly isn't going to help things. I'm not going to touch this.)

And that's how the cookie crumbles.

All Credit given to Chirality of the MSPA Forums. Game created with his permission.
« Last Edit: April 12, 2011, 09:15:19 pm by eclipsetail »

Strife26

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: CONSPIRACY, SCAM, OR HOAX [Caution: Long, pictures]
« Reply #1 on: April 09, 2011, 08:22:54 pm »

This forum game is a hoax, perpetuated by a foriegn troll in an attempt to form conspiracy to destabilize these forums by wasting the time that FG&RP-goers would otherwise spend on productivity/ semi-productivity. *gasp* I'm neither updating my forum game, nor creating a new zombie apoc rp!  It's working, act now to stop this evil hoaxy plot!

I suppose that I could give this a shot.
Even the avatars expire eventually.

Demonsul

• Bay Watcher
  • Lawful Neutral
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 09, 2011, 08:26:10 pm »

I saw this exact same thing on MSPAF, where it was wildly successful.

Sign me up because why the hell not.
Absconditus

eclipsetail

• Bay Watcher
  • [HIGH_FIVES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 09, 2011, 09:05:27 pm »

Alright, I'll probably be going for around 10 people, but I'm fine with more/less.

Any questions/comments?

Jack A T

• Bay Watcher
  • Mafia is What Players Make of It
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 09, 2011, 09:28:36 pm »

In!
Quote from: Pandarsenic, BYOR 6.3 deadchat
FUCK YOU JACK
Quote from: Urist Imiknorris, Witches' Coven 2 Elfchat
YOU TRAITOROUS SWINE.
Screw you, Jack.

Dr. D

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 09, 2011, 09:31:27 pm »

I would like to participate.
Bombengranadenelementplitzplotzdonnerwettersappermentnochmal!

eclipsetail

• Bay Watcher
  • [HIGH_FIVES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 09, 2011, 10:25:24 pm »

That makes 4. I'm thinking of closing the signups at the end of tomorrow, or the next day, depending on how many people there are.

USEC_OFFICER

• Bay Watcher
  • Pulls the strings and makes them ring.
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 10, 2011, 09:34:49 am »

Sounds fun. Unless, of course, this is all a big hoax!

(I'm in.)

eclipsetail

• Bay Watcher
  • [HIGH_FIVES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 10, 2011, 11:29:24 am »

If anybody wants to read examples of each of the things from the other game, here are three about Apollo 11.

Spoiler: Hoax (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Scam (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: conspiracy (click to show/hide)

They're not included here, but these ones included a title. You should send one in as well with your theory. [The winner of the round was the Conspiracy]
« Last Edit: April 10, 2011, 11:31:15 am by eclipsetail »

Jack A T

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: April 10, 2011, 03:29:52 pm »

Due to eclipsetail's request...BUMPITYBUMP.
FUCK YOU JACK
YOU TRAITOROUS SWINE.
Screw you, Jack.

eclipsetail

• Bay Watcher
  • [HIGH_FIVES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: April 10, 2011, 07:33:55 pm »

Thanks Jack.

Looks like I'm going to have to leave this open a few more days.

Dr. D

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: CONSPIRACY, SCAM, OR HOAX [Caution: Long, pictures] [Signups: 5/???]
« Reply #11 on: April 11, 2011, 08:51:22 pm »

Hello all.
Bombengranadenelementplitzplotzdonnerwettersappermentnochmal!

Jack A T

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: April 12, 2011, 05:53:08 pm »

This is a rather bumpy road, I must say.
FUCK YOU JACK
YOU TRAITOROUS SWINE.
Screw you, Jack.

DinosaurusRex_x

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: April 12, 2011, 06:10:33 pm »

<---
Play my picture adventure games: Roll to Dodge Mr T and You Are Douchebag!

eclipsetail

• Bay Watcher
  • [HIGH_FIVES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: April 12, 2011, 07:51:06 pm »

Thanks for the bumps guys. Anyway, would you guys mind a 6-person game? It doesn't look like we're getting many more.
Pages: [1] 2 3