Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: Anyone know of any good games that feature breeding creatures?  (Read 3126 times)

Draco18s

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Anyone know of any good games that feature breeding creatures?
« Reply #15 on: April 10, 2011, 04:44:04 pm »

If you have a Playstation (or PS emulator) you can try and find a copy of Dragonseeds, which is a pretty good game.  I actually bought a disc (and used an emu on my PC) for a while.  It does have a failing that the mons have a life expectancy measured in weeks (as in, you play game-days, and between 20 and 40 of those you'll take a newly hatched mon and retire it due to old age).  The combat was cool though, you could let the AI do it, or you could control the mon directly.  Lot of strategy in what powers you'd want the mon to have and when you could use them.*  The mon training minigames were engaging as well, if somewhat repetitive after a while.

*There were 4 ranges, close, medium, far, and extreme.  Extreme was as far away as you could get and was fairly small, few attacks used it, IIRC.  Close was melee-level close, medium was your short range ranged attacks, far was other ranged attacks.  Most attacks could be used in only one or two ranges; e.g. Close/Medium or Medium/Far.  Though I recall one that had Close/Far, and I think it was a teleport (you'd either hit, and teleport away or teleport in close and then hit, or something).

darkflagrance

• Bay Watcher
  • Carry on, carry on
    • View Profile
Re: Anyone know of any good games that feature breeding creatures?
« Reply #16 on: April 10, 2011, 05:37:12 pm »

Pokemon.

Edit: oh wait, mentioned in op
...as if nothing really matters...

The Legend of Tholtig Cryptbrain: 8000 dead elves and a cyclops

Tired of going decades without goblin sieges? Try The Fortress Defense Mod
Pages: 1 [2]