Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: My Solution To Useless Migrants  (Read 619 times)

Bohandas

• Bay Watcher
  • Discordia Vobis Com Et Cum Spiritum
    • View Profile
My Solution To Useless Migrants
« on: April 09, 2011, 05:46:12 pm »

Tired of getting immigrants with useless skills? Try Replaceing the default dwarf creature file with this one.
I took the regular dwarf entry and added a caste (well, technically two castes, a male caste and a female one), with natural skills (not particularly high, mostly level one and two (novice and adequete)) with masonry, mining, the various metalworking skills, and the other more inherently dwarfy skills, as well as slightly increased willpower. As written, it is set for there to be nine normal dwarves for every two of the new caste, (but that's easy enough to modify if you want to).

Outside of the labeled "added section" this is identical to the normal dwarf creature entry, with one exception, namely that in order to give each caste its own name and description I had to move DESCRIPTION and CASTE_NAME to after the castes are defined.

Well, anyway, here you go:

NEW Petition to stop the anti-consumer, anti-worker, Trans-Pacific Partnership agreement
What is TPP
----------------------
Remember, no one can tell you who you are except an emotionally unattached outside observer making quantifiable measurements.
----------------------
Έπαινος Ερις