Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2 3 4

Author Topic: A Giant Glass... Collossus?  (Read 2784 times)

SpiralDimentia

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
A Giant Glass... Collossus?
« on: April 09, 2011, 05:22:09 pm »

So my fort got it's first titan. Which, as it turns out, aside form adventure mode is my first titan -ever-

SQUEE!

Anyways. It's a giant humanoid composed of glass. It has large mandibles and deadly spittle. I figure, hammers on glass? Bring it on, son.

Apparently this is not the case. My macedwarf and two hammerdwarves are having EXTREME trouble hitting this guy. Their attacks keep glancing away. Steel superior mace, two good quality silver war hammers.

I have a severe feeling I am fucked if I don't think of something quick. Advice?
Dragonwork, A Successful Failure.
Legacy of Insightshields
Many more made tales in this hall,
before the stronghold found it's fall.
An enemy none could stop or yield,
had taken over Insightshields.

Illanair

• Bay Watcher
  • Also known as Nexie.
    • View Profile
Re: A Giant Glass... Collossus?
« Reply #1 on: April 09, 2011, 05:28:09 pm »

Build a bridge, seal off your fortress - use him as a goblin deterrant. :P
I am going to copy the chicken entry and rename everything chocobo and make it 100x the size of a normal chicken and make it rideable.  Too bad our dwarves probably wont ride them. >_>

SpiralDimentia

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 09, 2011, 05:33:53 pm »

No need. I had my military slugging it out with him, thinking he'd shatter. I couldn't retreat so I let them go at it, with ym ballista ready to fire... just in case.

He took a beating. A HELL of a beating. I ended up chopping both it's arms off, and after a few more minutes of fighting, an axedwarf lopped it's head off with a bronze battle axe. Not the easy win I thought it would be, but still if it wasn't fucking awesome.

Also, apparently my hammerdwarf had his gauntlet punched off? I didn't know that was possible. He's not injured. Still has all his pieces in working order... why'd he take his gauntlet off? more importantly, why won't he put it back on?

Edit; Okay mystery solved on one count. Apparently, the douchebag titan grabbed his gauntlet, and I guess pulled it off. Combat log only says he grabbed it. Okay, all well and good... why won't he put it back on?
  Because it was forbidden after being ripped off. Mystery solved.
« Last Edit: April 09, 2011, 05:43:30 pm by SpiralDimentia »
Legacy of Insightshields

Flare

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 09, 2011, 05:48:18 pm »

Also, apparently my hammerdwarf had his gauntlet punched off? I didn't know that was possible. He's not injured. Still has all his pieces in working order... why'd he take his gauntlet off? more importantly, why won't he put it back on?
>

Edit Nvm.

This is a very common bug, squad members occasionally leave parts of their equipment on the floor yet still appear to be equipped in the equipment window in the military screen. The best way to combat this is to make two almost identical uniforms and assign them en-mass to your dwarves. It can get a fair bit more serious than a gauntlet though, it's possible, in my experience, for dwarves to go out without maille, breastplate, shields, and even their beloved named weapons.

pvtpob

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 10, 2011, 12:31:55 am »

Just out of curiosity , how many years are you into your fortress? Im at 84 dwarves and nearing the start of my third year and I have not seen hide nor hare of anything. Goblins, fb, mb, nothing!

EDIT: Ha i left Dwarf fortress running as I typed this and I just went back to see an invasion, nvm!
The Stray Yak Bull grabs the Stray Horse Foal by the nose with his left rear leg!

agatharchides

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 10, 2011, 12:48:53 am »

Hey, I'm in year 20 and no megabeasts.  :P Plenty of gobbos and FB's though.
Memento Mori

Bdthemag

• Bay Watcher
  • Die Wacht am Rhein
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 10, 2011, 12:51:12 am »

Wait why is everything crossed out.
Well, you do have a busy life, what with keeping tabs on wild, rough-and-tumble forum members while sorting out the drama between your twenty two inner lesbians.
Your drunk posts continue to baffle me.
Welcome to Reality.

Renzuko

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 10, 2011, 01:14:22 am »

lol, my first titan...was made out of snow, i laughed heartily...when i checked him out in legends mode, my jaw hit the floor, the thing somehow killed 45 people, before showing up at my fort

Hyndis

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 10, 2011, 03:43:36 am »

My last titan was a blob of filth, leaving a trail of rotting decay behind it.

This was right after one of my dwarves made an artifact bone statue of a dwarven deity of death, disease, and decay. The dwarven deity was a rotting dwarf in a horribly contorted position.

While I had assumed my dwarf had foolishly summoned Nurgle to smite the fortress and assembled my entire military to meet the abomination in glorious battle, it turns out that it only took a single hit to slay. From the rookie marksdwarf with a no quality featherwood bolt.

Such a letdown. You'd think a warp god would be capable of more.  :(

UnrealJake

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: April 10, 2011, 03:48:27 am »

All of my titans are just boring large things, I lost a bunch of traders to a giant, so I reloaded and it was a cyclops who managed to get in and destroy everything, so I reloaded again and I got a bloody etin. Never anything interesting.
Huochong sounds like what you hear when a ninja hits somebody with a frying pan.

"HUOOOOOOOOOO-"
*CHONG*

Double A

• Bay Watcher
  • GWARRRRR
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: April 10, 2011, 04:28:30 am »

I never get any titans at all, only FBs and goblin raids.
Please, take a moment of silence for all the venerable old threads rendered unintelligible by the Great Photobucket Dickification of 2017. So much was lost.

Moddan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: April 10, 2011, 04:30:17 am »

Meh.

UnrealJake

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: April 10, 2011, 04:30:50 am »

Oh god what's happened to our signatures!?
« Last Edit: April 10, 2011, 05:19:15 am by UnrealJake »
Huochong sounds like what you hear when a ninja hits somebody with a frying pan.

"HUOOOOOOOOOO-"
*CHONG*

SpiralDimentia

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: April 10, 2011, 04:33:38 am »

Oh god I need to try and stop this. Hnnnnnnnnnnggg!

Success!
Legacy of Insightshields

Moddan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: April 10, 2011, 04:42:25 am »