Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 9

Author Topic: ATHE ENGLISHSPEAK ISARE NOWBEING CHINESEMANDARIN  (Read 8236 times)

Sensei

• Bay Watcher
  • Haven't tried coffee crisps.
    • View Profile
Re: Whom do you write like?
« Reply #30 on: April 09, 2011, 05:37:17 pm »

Pulled some paragraphs from an old forum game I hosted... got Margaret Atwood. Never read anything by that author.
Let's Play: Automation! Bay 12 Motor Company Buy the 1950 Urist Wagon for just $4500! Safety features optional.
The Bay 12 & Mates Discord Join now! Voice/text chat and play games with other Bay12'ers!
Add me on Steam: [DFC] Sensei

andrea

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: April 09, 2011, 05:44:19 pm »

the story I wrote for my turn in a community fortress gave me Cory Doctorow.

some notes about Space Station 13 genetic machines instead are written in a similar style to margaret atwood.

a turn I wrote for an evolution game comes up with H.P. Lovecraft. Unexpected

A science fiction story I was working on but never finished came up with Isaac Asimov! I may have to keep working on it... I like Asimov's works.

a non-action half turn of my old RTD apparently is similar to the works of Rudyard Kipling. I wonder if the elephant-like animals influenced the analyzer.

a background story I wrote as background for my character in a forum game was Dan brownish.

I don't think it means much.
but fun, and due to this I dug up lots of unfinished old things that I may decide to complete

Dr. D

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: April 09, 2011, 05:47:24 pm »

I pasted an essay in German I wrote and apparently it is like Edgar Allen Poe. I didn't know he was German! And the other German essay is like Kurt Vonnegut.
Bombengranadenelementplitzplotzdonnerwettersappermentnochmal!

Criptfeind

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: April 09, 2011, 06:09:11 pm »

I was going to post something flippant about it most likely being an almost random program, but then I put in my biggest block of text I could find and it told me I write like H. P. Lovecraft! He might be my favorite author!

Darkwind3

• Bay Watcher
  • Walks like an Egyptian
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: April 09, 2011, 06:20:50 pm »

I actually decided to paste in a short thing I wrote in German, and also got Kurt Vonnegut. Strange. My second gave me Edgar Allen Poe.

... This is strange.

A direct quote from Hamlet (the To Be Or Not To Be speech, even) came up as Mark Twain. What.

edit: argh typos
« Last Edit: April 09, 2011, 06:27:26 pm by Darkwind3 »

Max White

• Bay Watcher
  • Still not hollowed!
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: April 09, 2011, 06:26:19 pm »

Dan Brown.
I'm not even a huge fan of he's works. I mean there is worse if you look for it, I could have got Stephenie Meyer! But still, I think it's swift analysis of my writing makes me wonder if it is just randomly pulling out names.

I wonder what happens if I paste some programming code into there. Just a small model class of something  :P

Edit: I write like Dan Brown, but aparently I code like Cory Doctorow.  :P

AntiAntiMatter

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm back
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: April 09, 2011, 06:53:08 pm »

A chapter from an unfinished fantasy story I wrote got me Ursula K. Le Guin. The contents of my latest posts page got me Douglas Adams.
[/post]

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: April 09, 2011, 08:22:04 pm »

Just under 2 years ago I wrote like Cory Doctorow, whoever that is.

Famous blogger.

Pulled some paragraphs from an old forum game I hosted... got Margaret Atwood. Never read anything by that author.

The Handmaiden's Tale, and Oryx and Crake.  The latter novel was pretty damned good, and I've heard nothing but good things about the former.

.... Why yes, I do read a lot >_>
"The question of the usefulness of poetry arises only in periods of its decline, while in periods of its flowering, no one doubts its total uselessness." - Boris Pasternak

nonbinary/genderfluid/genderqueer renegade mathematician and mafia subforum limpet. please avoid quoting me.

pronouns: prefer neutral ones, others are fine. height: 5'3".

Urist Imiknorris

• Bay Watcher
  • In the flesh, on the phone and in your account...
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: April 09, 2011, 08:32:42 pm »

English paper from last semester: Jane Austen.
Here: Margaret Atwood.
Another post from here: Dan Brown.

Huh.
« Last Edit: April 09, 2011, 08:38:48 pm by Urist Imiknorris »
Quote from: LordSlowpoke
I don't know how it works. It does.
Quote from: Jim Groovester
YOU CANT NOT HAVE SUSPECTS IN A GAME OF MAFIA

ITS THE WHOLE POINT OF THE GAME
Quote from: Cheeetar
If Tiruin redirected the lynch, then this means that, and... the Illuminati! Of course!

freeformschooler

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: April 09, 2011, 08:55:20 pm »

We could probably just have horned Vector into determining who we write like! She's good at that kind of stuff.

I write like Stephen King. I have read something of his but I don't believe I remember grr

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: April 09, 2011, 09:08:53 pm »

I write like Stephen King. I have read something of his but I don't believe I remember grr

Carrie?  I mention it only because it seems to be the "main" King novel.  Also, it is the only one of his that I have read >_>
"The question of the usefulness of poetry arises only in periods of its decline, while in periods of its flowering, no one doubts its total uselessness." - Boris Pasternak

nonbinary/genderfluid/genderqueer renegade mathematician and mafia subforum limpet. please avoid quoting me.

Ampersand

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: April 09, 2011, 09:19:49 pm »

I got James Joyce.

Quote from: James Joyce
  riverrun, past Eve and Adam's, from swerve of shore to bend of bay, brings us by a commodius vicus of recirculation back to Howth Castle and Environs.  Sir Tristram, violer d'amores, fr'over the short sea, had passencore rearrived from North Armorica on this side the scraggy isthmus of Europe Minor to wielderfight his penisolate war: nor had topsawyer's rocks by the stream Oconee exaggerated themselse to Laurens County's gorgios while they went doublin their mumper all the time: nor avoice from afire bellowsed mishe mishe to tauftauf thuartpeatrick: not yet, though venissoon after, had a kidscad buttended a bland old isaac: not yet, though all's fair in vanessy, were sosie sesthers wroth with twone nathandjoe. Rot a peck of pa's malt had Jhem or Shen brewed by arclight and rory end to the regginbrow was to be seen ringsome on the aquaface.

Yeah, I don't see it.
!!&!!

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: April 09, 2011, 09:25:37 pm »

Dubliner's, though... that's a completely different boat.

Max White

• Bay Watcher
  • Still not hollowed!
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: April 09, 2011, 09:26:28 pm »

Step 1. Google something random, like how to fry an egg.
Step 2. Insert clip of the article into this test.
Step 3. Enjoy random writer generator.
This highly nutritious, full of protein, colourful delight is fried up in a few minutes and placed alongside a couple of rashers of bacon, a sausage or two, a spoonful of baked beans, a large helping of tasty fried mushrooms, fried tomato and not forgetting a few slices of fried bread, or toast for a healthier option.

Traditionally, fried eggs are eaten for breakfast, preferred by most people at the weekend, as a special treat, but they can also be enjoyed as a light lunch or evening meal any day of the week.

Produced James Joyce.

Aramco

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: April 09, 2011, 09:33:46 pm »

I write like Tolkien, it would seem.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
Or maybe there's a god who's just completely insane and sends you to Detroit, Michigan in a new body if you ever utter the name "Pat Sajak".
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 9