Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: im screwd  (Read 1057 times)

Guedez

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
im screwd
« on: April 09, 2011, 02:27:52 pm »

How do i kill something made of steam!??!?!?!?!

and the last thing about it should not be something terrifing? like BEAWARE HIS POISONOUS REPRODUCTION ORGAN

MonkeyHead

• Bay Watcher
  • Yma o hyd...
    • View Profile
Re: im screwd
« Reply #1 on: April 09, 2011, 02:31:10 pm »

Even a kitten can kill steam beasts - consider how low density steam is, then consider how easy it would be to punch through a steambeasts head...
This is a blank sig.

PotatoLord

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 09, 2011, 02:32:16 pm »

Even a kitten can kill steam beasts - consider how low density steam is, then consider how easy it would be to punch through a steambeasts head...

Yeah, FBs and Titans made of things like steam, mud, and water all die to pretty much anything.
Dude, you've created a Yeti with nothing to lose.

You've created Yeti Batman.

Guedez

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 09, 2011, 02:46:00 pm »

wait.. wat?!?!?!

but but but, steam is produced when water touches lava and can heavly wound dwarves, shouldn't it be unhittable and automaticaly burn my dwarves just by being close to them?!!?!?!

well.. can i butcher it?

Naryar

• Bay Watcher
  • [SPHERE:VERMIN][LIKES_FIGHTING]
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 09, 2011, 03:02:03 pm »

wait.. wat?!?!?!

but but but, steam is produced when water touches lava and can heavly wound dwarves, shouldn't it be unhittable and automaticaly burn my dwarves just by being close to them?!!?!?!

well.. can i butcher it?

Steam cannot wound dwarves, unlike in the 2D versions.

And no. Creatures made of steam do suck at fighting.

Also, you cannot butcher it since it is not made of flesh. It will however drop some solid item named "Aco's steam" that will be completely useless.

Urist Imiknorris

• Bay Watcher
  • In the flesh, on the phone and in your account...
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 09, 2011, 04:09:38 pm »

Also, not all beasts have syndromes. Yours doesn't, so it has no "Beware its (you're screwed anyway)" line.
Quote from: LordSlowpoke
I don't know how it works. It does.
Quote from: Jim Groovester
YOU CANT NOT HAVE SUSPECTS IN A GAME OF MAFIA

ITS THE WHOLE POINT OF THE GAME
Quote from: Cheeetar
If Tiruin redirected the lynch, then this means that, and... the Illuminati! Of course!

Naryar

• Bay Watcher
  • [SPHERE:VERMIN][LIKES_FIGHTING]
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 09, 2011, 06:12:47 pm »

Well really the forgotten beast special attacks are mostly not worth bothering about. "Beware it's poisoned bite" it chooses to kick instead, "beware it's deadly vapors" gets blocked easily...

However, when you see "noxious secretions" you will probably get pissed off real soon, and when you see "deadly dust" you are SCREWED.

Urist Imiknorris

• Bay Watcher
  • In the flesh, on the phone and in your account...
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 09, 2011, 07:52:36 pm »

Or deadly blood.
Quote from: LordSlowpoke
I don't know how it works. It does.
Quote from: Jim Groovester
YOU CANT NOT HAVE SUSPECTS IN A GAME OF MAFIA

ITS THE WHOLE POINT OF THE GAME
Quote from: Cheeetar
If Tiruin redirected the lynch, then this means that, and... the Illuminati! Of course!

Sutremaine

• Bay Watcher
  • [ETHIC:ATROCITY: PERSONAL_MATTER]
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 09, 2011, 08:09:10 pm »

Hammer time?
I am trying to make chickens lay bees as eggs. So far it only produces a single "Tame Small Creature" when a hen lays bees.
Honestly at the time, I didn't see what could go wrong with crowding 80 military Dwarves into a small room with a necromancer for the purpose of making bacon.

Komus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: April 09, 2011, 08:16:41 pm »

Dude, I'm with you: every time I get some obscure material like that I panic  :D

Drawde

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: April 09, 2011, 08:35:37 pm »

Forgotten beasts made out of non-living materials are easy to kill, because when DF2010 first came out they, and anything not alive, were unkillable short of a cavein or dumping into magma.  The fix unfortunentally made them too easy to kill and hasn't been balanced properly yet.

Dwarfoloid

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: April 09, 2011, 09:08:55 pm »

Forgotten beasts made out of non-living materials are easy to kill, because when DF2010 first came out they, and anything not alive, were unkillable short of a cavein or dumping into magma.  The fix unfortunentally made them too easy to kill and hasn't been balanced properly yet.

Metal or stone titans and the like are still rather badass. Magma and cave-ins are the best defense against those, that hasn't changed.

Uristocrat

• Bay Watcher
  • Dwarven Railgunner
    • View Profile
    • DF Wiki User Page
« Reply #12 on: April 10, 2011, 04:18:06 am »

and the last thing about it should not be something terrifing? like BEAWARE HIS POISONOUS REPRODUCTION ORGAN

Antennae aren't reproductive organs, they're sensory organs.  Just so you know.

Send a few kittens or something after that thing and it'll explode into a puff of steam in no time.
You could have berries on the rocks and the dwarves would say it was "berry gneiss."
You should die horribly for this. And I mean that in the nicest possible way.

UnrealJake

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: April 10, 2011, 04:32:48 am »

Antennae aren't reproductive organs, they're sensory organs.  Just so you know.

Send a few kittens or something after that thing and it'll explode into a puff of steam in no time.

No no no no no, he's saying "Shouldn't he have some deadly syndrome" and used a poisoned cock as an example.
Huochong sounds like what you hear when a ninja hits somebody with a frying pan.

"HUOOOOOOOOOO-"
*CHONG*