Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4

Author Topic: Best old console games  (Read 8328 times)

Vibhor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Best old console games
« Reply #30 on: April 09, 2011, 09:37:41 pm »

Metal Max Returns would be a great choice to play (on Snes) if you like RPG
The game is a postapocalyptic JRPG. The game is a wide open sandbox with shitloads of things to do.
Only problem would be that the game lacks any sense of direction so you might find yourself lost in the wasteland with no goal.

freeformschooler

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: April 09, 2011, 09:39:41 pm »

I have a high fondness for both Super Mario Bros. and the original three Sonic games. Though most do.

Angel Of Death

• Bay Watcher
  • Karl Groucho?
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: April 09, 2011, 09:41:20 pm »

I have a high fondness for both Super Mario Bros. and the original three Sonic games. Though most do.
I dislike the third Sonic game as it is rather short... Anyway, I suggest Sonic 3 and Knuckles. Another one of the longest Sega Megadrive/Genesis games.
99 percent of internet users add useless, pulled out of arse statistics to their sig. If you are the 1%, please, for the love of Armok, don't put any useless shit like this in your sig.
Hidden signature messages are fun!

Itnetlolor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Steam ID
« Reply #33 on: April 09, 2011, 11:32:14 pm »

I dislike the third Sonic game as it is rather short... Anyway, I suggest Sonic 3 and Knuckles. Another one of the longest Sega Megadrive/Genesis games.
I challenge you to gain 1 million points in S3&K in a single, no savestate playthrough. I shorted by 50k on my attempt. How well can you do?

Vibhor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: April 11, 2011, 11:14:01 am »

I challenge you to gain 1 million points in S3&K in a single, no savestate playthrough. I shorted by 50k on my attempt. How well can you do?

Sonic 3 lacks something.
It just doesn't feel smooth like Sonic 2 also not to mention that the art style took quite a lot of time to get used to.
Sonic 2 was the best sonic game on sega genesis. I did not even cared enough to finish sonic 3 but sonic 2 was just the boss.

Ochita

• Bay Watcher
  • Doofus ghostus
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: April 11, 2011, 11:52:58 am »

Easy.
Quote from: Freeform
princest zaldo of hurl kindom: the mushroom aren't going to choice itself, ochita

Cecilff2

• Bay Watcher
  • PikaaAAAAあああああ
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: April 11, 2011, 12:51:11 pm »

King Arthur's World on the SNES was like a cross between Lemmings and AoE.(Without the resource gathering)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JI7LxrpoHrw
There comes a time when you must take off the soft, furry slippers of a boy and put on the shoes of a man.
Unless of course they don't fit properly and your feet blister up like bubble wrap.
Oh ho ho, but don't try to return the shoes, because they won't take them back once you've worn them.
Especially if that fat pig Tony is at the desk.

Magentawolf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: April 11, 2011, 01:15:11 pm »

My very favorite game for the NES? Laugh all you like, but it was Dodgeball.

For the Genesis, you can't go wrong with the Shining Force games as previously mentioned; they're even available on Steam as part of one of those classics bundles.

On the SNES front, Chrono Trigger and Earthbound both lead the pack in my opinion, and Super Mario RPG was oddly worthwhile as well. I believe I preferred the original Ogre Battle to the Tactics Ogre sequal, though.

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: April 11, 2011, 04:10:33 pm »

It's not in english yet, but for the SNES... Chaos Seed. Dungeon Keeper + Secret of Mana + Feng shui. Even in moonspeak, it is a slice of old gaming bliss.

For a sundry list of mostly bloody-good stuff, check the list here, under the completed projects.
Ask not!
What your country can hump for you.
Ask!
What you can hump for your country.

nenjin

• Bay Watcher
  • Inscrubtable Exhortations of the Soul
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: April 11, 2011, 05:19:00 pm »

Sega:

Shining in the Darkness
Shining Force 1 & 2
Phantasy Star 4

SNES:

Chrono Trigger
Ogre Battles (never played Tactics Ogre, but OB has lasted me more than 10 years.)
Secret of Mana
Secret of Evermore
7th Saga
Dungeon Master
Super Mario RPG
Cautivo del Milagro seamos, Penitente.
Quote from: Viktor Frankl
When we are no longer able to change a situation, we are challenged to change ourselves.
Quote from: Sindain
Its kinda silly to complain that a friendly NPC isn't a well designed boss fight.
Quote from: Eric Blank
How will I cheese now assholes?
Quote from: MrRoboto75
Always spaghetti, never forghetti

clockwork

• Bay Watcher
  • Dabbling Performer
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: April 11, 2011, 07:56:26 pm »

LifeForce is my personal favorite NES game. It's scroller (side and overhead). That or Blaster Master for the NES. That one is fun.

kg333

• Bay Watcher
  • Derp.
    • View Profile
    • Steam Profile
« Reply #41 on: April 12, 2011, 01:41:20 am »

...Blaster Master for the NES. That one is fun.

Wow, that's a blast from the past...I'd forgotten that one.  I never finished it...I think it's time to find an emulator.

KG

Magentawolf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: April 12, 2011, 08:13:25 am »

...Blaster Master for the NES. That one is fun.

Wow, that's a blast from the past...I'd forgotten that one.  I never finished it...I think it's time to find an emulator.

KG

For best results, find the old Blaster Master 'Worlds of Power' novel and read it. :)

Crazy Cow

• Bay Watcher
  • Legendary Procrastinator
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: April 12, 2011, 08:33:27 am »

Ogre Battle: March of the Black Queen. It's a combination of an RPG and a RTS, and it has a lot of depth and challenge to it. You should play it.

Cecilff2

• Bay Watcher
  • PikaaAAAAあああああ
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: April 12, 2011, 01:34:11 pm »

7th Saga

I see you're an RPG fan, but that one in particular is pretty interesting.  You're given a goal, and you have competitors that CAN complete objectives before you do.  You can team up with one, or perhaps even challenge them to a duel.  It's pretty neat.  Tough one though.
There comes a time when you must take off the soft, furry slippers of a boy and put on the shoes of a man.
Unless of course they don't fit properly and your feet blister up like bubble wrap.
Oh ho ho, but don't try to return the shoes, because they won't take them back once you've worn them.
Especially if that fat pig Tony is at the desk.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4