Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 6

Author Topic: This isn't even funny...  (Read 6508 times)

DFNewb

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
This isn't even funny...
« on: April 07, 2011, 10:09:34 pm »

http://www.g4tv.com/deathmatch/best-franchises-2011/index.html

if you go to that link, you may want to never call or consider yourself a gamer.

It's so sad how stupid games are beating all the good ones, shows that people with no lifes who plays games with shiny graphics, blood, gore and guns will always win cause dumbness > ALL.

Some of these are just sad, such as Mass Effect beating Metal Gear Solid, and Gears of War beating Final Fantasy.

Worst of all: Star Craft beating Silent Hill. I don't care about all this "STARCRAFT IS A SPORT LOLOJKJK IT IS SOOOOO MUCH BETTER AND BEEN OUT FOR AGES!!!!11!!!one!!!!eleven!" if anyone has ever played some of the silent hill games they would know that they are just a better franchise, starcraft is just 2 games <_<

What are you opinions?

EDIT: looking further I see that Assassin's Creed beat Call of Duty. Now for all you people out there that consider Call of Duty just MW2 and Black-Ops, they are missing my favourite FPS of all time, COD2. Call of Duty set the standard for FPS's and #2 perfected it, it is sad how all the new games are beating the oldies.
« Last Edit: April 07, 2011, 10:13:05 pm by DFNewb »
Reasonableman playing Batman: Arkham Asylum
Luke_Prowler : Boot: apply directly to the forehead

SalmonGod

• Bay Watcher
  • Nyarrr
    • View Profile
Re: This isn't even funny...
« Reply #1 on: April 07, 2011, 10:12:43 pm »

Gaming communities have generally been a disgrace for years... basically, since it became less associated with nerdiness and the general public overcame its fear of the internet.
In the land of twilight, under the moon
We dance for the idiots
As the end will come so soon
In the land of twilight

Maybe people should love for the sake of loving, and not with all of these optimization conditions.

Angel Of Death

• Bay Watcher
  • Karl Groucho?
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 07, 2011, 10:13:51 pm »

You know what I'm sick of? Little fucking brats who won't play a video game unless it has good graphics. Sadly, for true gamers, this means most games are heavily based on graphics, not the game itself.

If you want to have groundbreaking graphics, get the fuck outside or watch a movie.
99 percent of internet users add useless, pulled out of arse statistics to their sig. If you are the 1%, please, for the love of Armok, don't put any useless shit like this in your sig.
Hidden signature messages are fun!

DFNewb

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 07, 2011, 10:16:39 pm »

Damn even Pokemon lost, they should of stuck Dukem in and watch it destroy everything :P

Duke 2.0

• Bay Watcher
  • [CONQUISTADOR:BIRD]
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 07, 2011, 10:17:07 pm »

Worst of all: Star Craft beating Silent Hill. I don't care about all this "STARCRAFT IS A SPORT LOLOJKJK IT IS SOOOOO MUCH BETTER AND BEEN OUT FOR AGES!!!!11!!!one!!!!eleven!" if anyone has ever played some of the silent hill games they would know that they are just a better franchise, starcraft is just 2 games <_<

What are you opinions?
1. This statement here kinda makes all above and below rages moot. Opinions man. No right or wrong ones.

2. How does one gauge how better a franchise is? Sales? Reviews? Story? Gameplay? Popularity and timelessness? Starcraft beats Silent hill in several of those categories, to judge them in some categories would have them be in the right.

This thread is kinda striking me as a guns vs. swords debate waiting to happen.
Buck up friendo, we're all on the level here.
I would bet money Andrew has edited things retroactively, except I can't prove anything because it was edited retroactively.
MIERDO MILLAS DE VIBORAS FURIOSAS PARA ESTRANGULARTE MUERTO

Angel Of Death

• Bay Watcher
  • Karl Groucho?
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 07, 2011, 10:22:18 pm »

What are you opinions?
1. This statement here kinda makes all above and below rages moot. Opinions man. No right or wrong ones.

2. How does one gauge how better a franchise is? Sales? Reviews? Story? Gameplay? Popularity and timelessness? Starcraft beats Silent hill in several of those categories, to judge them in some categories would have them be in the right.

This thread is kinda striking me as a guns vs. swords debate waiting to happen.
Guns vs swords you say! Well, guns are better at killing but swords are more epic.
99 percent of internet users add useless, pulled out of arse statistics to their sig. If you are the 1%, please, for the love of Armok, don't put any useless shit like this in your sig.

Krelian

• Bay Watcher
  • Hola
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 07, 2011, 10:24:06 pm »

god damn it my post got all screwed up

DFNewb

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 07, 2011, 10:24:57 pm »

After looking long enough at the first round battles, I realized it was done by Alphabetical order. Maybe the people at G4TV are dumb, but the guy who decided to do it by the alphabet is just stupid.

Duke while starcraft does have all those nice things you mentioned, it is still just 2 games that are very similar.

Silent Hill is multiple games, movies, comics, and a few spin off games.

Overall the silent hill franchise has achieved more.

Krelian

• Bay Watcher
  • Hola
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 07, 2011, 10:28:11 pm »

if you go to that link, you may want to never call or consider yourself a gamer.

It's so sad how stupid games are beating all the good ones, shows that people with no lifes who plays games with shiny graphics, blood, gore and guns will always win cause dumbness > ALL.

Some of these are just sad, such as Mass Effect beating Metal Gear Solid, and Gears of War beating Final Fantasy.

What are you opinions?

EDIT: looking further I see that Assassin's Creed beat Call of Duty. Now for all you people out there that consider Call of Duty just MW2 and Black-Ops, they are missing my favourite FPS of all time, COD2. Call of Duty set the standard for FPS's and #2 perfected it, it is sad how all the new games are beating the oldies.

To my, all this sounds like fanboy rage. What you may consider a better game, other can think other wise. Me for instance, I like beter mass effect than metal gear.

Also, silent hill is not better than starcraft. Starcraft is not better than silent hill. They are totally different categories! Its like saying apples are better than kitties.

Finally, in that page the better game seems to be decided by votes. So mainstream games are always going to win there. You shouldnt take those results so serously

Duke 2.0

• Bay Watcher
  • [CONQUISTADOR:BIRD]
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: April 07, 2011, 10:28:37 pm »

It has a wider scope sure, but considering the MASSIVE E-sports scene around Starcraft I can't really say it is larger/better overall.
Buck up friendo, we're all on the level here.
I would bet money Andrew has edited things retroactively, except I can't prove anything because it was edited retroactively.
MIERDO MILLAS DE VIBORAS FURIOSAS PARA ESTRANGULARTE MUERTO

Angel Of Death

• Bay Watcher
  • Karl Groucho?
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: April 07, 2011, 10:30:26 pm »

What are you opinions?

To my, all this sounds like fanboy rage. What you may consider a better game, other can think other wise. Me for instance, I like beter mass effect than metal gear.

Also, silent hill is not better than starcraft. Starcraft is not better than silent hill. They are totally different categories! Its like saying apples are better than kitties.

Finally, in that page the better game seems to be decided by votes. So mainstream games are always going to win there. You shouldnt take those results so serously
Kitties taste much better than apples, trust me.

Alright, back on topic now.

Krelian

• Bay Watcher
  • Hola
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: April 07, 2011, 10:31:21 pm »

It has a wider scope sure, but considering the MASSIVE E-sports scene around Starcraft I can't really say it is larger/better overall.

I cant think of much more games with multiple TV channels for themselves, and superstar salary for players xD

Bdthemag

• Bay Watcher
  • Die Wacht am Rhein
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: April 07, 2011, 10:32:13 pm »

I died a little inside when I saw the outcomes to these deathmatches...
Well, you do have a busy life, what with keeping tabs on wild, rough-and-tumble forum members while sorting out the drama between your twenty two inner lesbians.
Your drunk posts continue to baffle me.
Welcome to Reality.

qwertyuiopas

• Bay Watcher
  • Photoshop is for elves who cannot use MSPaint.
    • View Profile
    • uristqwerty.ca, my current (barren) site.
« Reply #13 on: April 07, 2011, 10:32:34 pm »

As clearly indicated by the fact that both Metroid and Half Life didn't pass round one, this is obviously an unpopularity contest. Or a contest to determine the games that are worth the least of your time.
Eh?
Eh!

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: April 07, 2011, 10:33:34 pm »

For the most part I think it is that games are just starting to become mainstream

It isn't that Mainstream doesn't know what makes a great game, but think about it as books.

Do you know all the great writers currently? All the latest great books? Likely you know only what is popular at this time.

The Mainstream doesn't know about other games, they arn't involved in buying games enough to even bother.
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 6