Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Embarking on a dragon's lair  (Read 789 times)

Tcei

• Bay Watcher
  • Fear me! I am Bekat the Adorable Skull!
    • View Profile
Embarking on a dragon's lair
« on: April 07, 2011, 06:09:03 pm »

As the title says Im embarking on a dragon's lair. I very much would like to capture and tame said dragon.  Does the bug still exist that prevents resident nasties from getting caught in traps?

If so will the cave in trap method work?

There's also several thousand coins in his lair; with the economy off, will the dwarves waste presious time carting coins around or will I be able to safely cart them all into a museum?
....They just refuse to stay down unless butchered, in which case their skins will haunt you until you subdue and tan them. Never has legendary butcher and legendary tanner seemed so valueable as in this release.

Sphalerite

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Drew's Robots and stuff
Re: Embarking on a dragon's lair
« Reply #1 on: April 07, 2011, 06:15:47 pm »

As far as I know, local creatures are still somehow magically immune to cage traps.  I tried to catch my local Roc in a cage trap using the cave-in dust method and it didn't work.  I think you need to use GCS web to catch them.

With the economy off, I think dwarves will ignore the coins, other than sticking them in a coin stockpile if you have one.
Any intelligent fool can make things bigger and more complex... It takes a touch of genius --- and a lot of courage to move in the opposite direction.

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
Re: Embarking on a dragon's lair
« Reply #2 on: April 07, 2011, 07:27:04 pm »

Oy. Bad idea.
I had a modded dragonfire-breathing adventurer settle in a kobold cave once, and then embarked there. The kobolds were nothing, you should've seen my old adventurer! He killed several dwarves himself.
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.