Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Dwarven Limb Regeneration???  (Read 959 times)

Mrhappyface

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Dwarven Limb Regeneration???
« on: April 07, 2011, 11:56:52 am »

I've been walling up the edges of my second level cavern, until I've noticed one of my dwarves fleeing from a cave croc. His left arm was torn off apparently, and was running around in circles with blood trailing everywhere. I called down my miltary and went back to the surface to fine tune my goblin drowning traps. (Nobles are good test subjects...) But when I went back down again, the same dwarf was still bleeding, but he had a left arm attached to his body!!!
The very same arm that was torn off still existed as a object, bizarrely however and that very same dwarf was hauling it off to a refuse pile. So, anything similar happen to you guys?
This is Dwarf Fortress. Where torture, enslavement, and murder are not only tolerable hobbies, but considered dwarfdatory.

Dwarfoloid

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Dwarven Limb Regeneration???
« Reply #1 on: April 07, 2011, 12:01:29 pm »

Was the arm really gone, or was it just torn open? Bright purple/magneta and only that colour is used to note when something is actually gone in the description screen.

You should put it into mantis if he really lost his arm, as regenerating limb would be a bug.
« Last Edit: April 07, 2011, 12:05:49 pm by Dwarfoloid »

Mrhappyface

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 07, 2011, 12:05:07 pm »

Completely gone, not torn open. It was lying a few squares away from him after all.
This is Dwarf Fortress. Where torture, enslavement, and murder are not only tolerable hobbies, but considered dwarfdatory.

Urist Imiknorris

• Bay Watcher
  • In the flesh, on the phone and in your account...
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 07, 2011, 01:19:51 pm »

Completely gone, not torn open. It was lying a few squares away from him after all.

Check his wound screen. Does he have an arm?
Quote from: LordSlowpoke
I don't know how it works. It does.
Quote from: Jim Groovester
YOU CANT NOT HAVE SUSPECTS IN A GAME OF MAFIA

ITS THE WHOLE POINT OF THE GAME
Quote from: Cheeetar
If Tiruin redirected the lynch, then this means that, and... the Illuminati! Of course!