Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 25 26 [27] 28

Author Topic: [Scrubbedcreams] Terrifying Glacier (Community Reclaim) - Needs Overseers  (Read 31627 times)

Ghills

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: [Scrubbedcreams] Terrifying Glacier (Community Reclaim) - Needs Overseers
« Reply #390 on: December 11, 2011, 11:18:16 am »

Hey neo1096, how's the save going?
I AM POINTY DEATH INCARNATE
Ye know, being an usurper overseer gone mad with power isn't too bad. It's honestly not that different from being a normal overseer.
To summarize:
They do an epic face. If that fails, they beat said object to death with their beard.

neo1096

• Bay Watcher
  • It watches and waits...
    • View Profile
« Reply #391 on: December 11, 2011, 01:40:19 pm »

Sorry, I got eaten by exams. I'll try to have the next season up by Monday.
What again? Iron scepter - Lovehealing? Oh, I almost shed a tear... Put it in your ass, I'm talking about importans artistic defences!!! You see, yaks and bridge... Stop polishing that scepter! You're disgusting me!"

neo1096

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #392 on: December 12, 2011, 01:50:04 pm »

K, looks like exams are gonna be heavier than I thought, you should probably skip me. Sorry guys.
What again? Iron scepter - Lovehealing? Oh, I almost shed a tear... Put it in your ass, I'm talking about importans artistic defences!!! You see, yaks and bridge... Stop polishing that scepter! You're disgusting me!"

Ghills

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #393 on: December 13, 2011, 11:32:15 pm »

Shoot. Good luck!

If you could post what you've got that would be great.
I AM POINTY DEATH INCARNATE
Ye know, being an usurper overseer gone mad with power isn't too bad. It's honestly not that different from being a normal overseer.
To summarize:
They do an epic face. If that fails, they beat said object to death with their beard.

neo1096

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #394 on: December 14, 2011, 12:50:18 am »

You mean the save? I could put it up on DFFD, it's a couple days into summer and I fought off like 5 simultaneous elf ambushes with no dwarven casualties, so I could get that to you guys.

Ifeno

• Bay Watcher
  • UristMcSoldier is an enemy of the Twinkling Incest
    • View Profile
« Reply #395 on: December 14, 2011, 06:15:47 am »

You mean the save? I could put it up on DFFD, it's a couple days into summer and I fought off like 5 simultaneous elf ambushes with no dwarven casualties, so I could get that to you guys.

at this point we've had so many skips we just REALLY need to get some progress on the actual file goin rather than all these alternate timelines / universes...
ive gotten in the habit of replacing my chief medical dwarf as soon as he gains any notable skill in diagnosis.
It's really funny watching them do unnecessary surgery because of a wrong diagnosis.
the conditions were bad enough to turn a dwarf who didn't care about anything mad, that's pretty hardcore.

neo1096

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #396 on: December 14, 2011, 01:25:11 pm »

File has been uploaded to DFFD - http://dffd.wimbli.com/file.php?id=5260

highmax28

• Bay Watcher
  • I think this is what they call a tantrum spiral...
    • View Profile
« Reply #397 on: December 27, 2011, 01:10:12 pm »

Is this fortess still running? If I can figure out how to be able to paly this map, I'll take a turnif we're going, but I might not be able to even if I can get it running due to crappy netbook. Anyone message me or post how to do so and I'll see if I can run it  :) I hope this isnt the end of this, I enjoyed reading it for the past few weeks and I'm hopnig to see this end up as awesome as Boatmurdered, I already enjoyed reading this more then Boatmurdered, so I'm hoping to see this through to the end  :D
just shot him with a balistic arrow, i think he will get stuned from that >.>

"Guardian" and Sigfriend Of Necrothreat
Jee wilikers, I think Highmax is near invulnerable, must have been dunked in the river styx like achilles was.
Just make sure he wears a boot.

Ifeno

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #398 on: December 27, 2011, 06:09:38 pm »

yea you can have a turn.  i dont think anyone's playing right now.  pm me if this stays playerless any longer ill take a place holder turn...
ive gotten in the habit of replacing my chief medical dwarf as soon as he gains any notable skill in diagnosis.
It's really funny watching them do unnecessary surgery because of a wrong diagnosis.
the conditions were bad enough to turn a dwarf who didn't care about anything mad, that's pretty hardcore.

highmax28

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #399 on: December 27, 2011, 10:20:35 pm »

Figured it out, I'll be taking my turn shortly if I can run it (I have it on now, i'm looknig around WELL before I hit resume)
« Last Edit: December 28, 2011, 10:30:47 pm by highmax28 »

Jee wilikers, I think Highmax is near invulnerable, must have been dunked in the river styx like achilles was.

highmax28

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #400 on: December 29, 2011, 02:30:30 am »

OOC: Sorry about lack of pictures, didn't show up when I copy pasted them in

5th Hematite, 1074 - Mid Summer
The previous overseer had come up to me after he had screamed to me about an "exams" something or other... What in Armok's name is an "exams"? Nevermind, hope that guy runs off and does something good with himself... Me? I prefer to fight on the front lines, killing all elves and any who oppose us! Twenty five seasons ago, I came with several others to what we all thought would be our final seeking to fortune, but all we found was sketti , elves and beings of unimaginable power. It was these horrors to why I fight today. Today, I start training my sword arm as well as begining my first days as overseer. I have braved forgotten beasts, survived their plague twice and nine have fallen against my blade. I take a good look around the fortress I've called home for quite some time now, and I ask myself: why do we still stand from a place such as this? Our fortress passes through several caverns, home to these beasts. Our home runs deep also, from the top of the sky to the seas of magma.
I also started following out pathways and whatnot, and I found hallways that lead nowhere...

Is this a diving board into the caverns or something? Whatever
I also look at our history written in our halls:

We obviously have alot of anger issues and war to deal with.
And almost everywhere I go, I see coffins! Everywhere I see coffins! Either we have too much dead, or we have many in the future gonig to die. I hope one of these do not hold my body in the future.
We have some visitors knocking on our doors (or rather our floodgates)

This should get interesting if it ever manages to get in.
I also look outside and see almsot half of the fortress outside picking up what I think was the bits and pieces of the last elven christmas.

I might add that theres more then enough arms laying around for a small ARM-Y (I crack myself up).
I also notice the great blue stuff our weapons are made out of has to be made into strands then into bars, and yet, in our abundance of this, we have no extractions in progress. On top of this, we have a large abundance of it perfectly safe and unmined. I order our miners to safely navigate the special blue stuff. I pray for their saftey. And judging by the amount of obsidian, the previous overseers were onto something, and when I read their tablets, my assumptions were correct. This sacred blue stuff must be taken carefully however, for we do not need another incident like before where the sea of magma was breached, and we almost were wiped off of the face of the planet. With that note, I end off my first journal entry.

OOC: I crashed three days later due to me being stupid, all things posted above still retain btw, and it only happens when I try to look at artifacts, everything else runs smoothly thus far

8th Hemetite, 1074 - Early Summer
Three days after first journal entry, lots of cleaning and plenty of working dwarves. A lamma kicked a pig today, nothing serious. But I keep hearing "Athel Alm" ever since I got here... Somethings up...
In other news, I have a revelation as I'm patroling the fortress to familiarize myself with it... I have decided to create a methood most deadly to our elven enemies! This shall be known as Operation Unleash The Wolves or UTW for short. Future overseers will see my great powess upon using this for its first time!
We also start to get people misplacing things... Are they all blind or are they just clumsy?

11th Hemetite, 1074 - Early Summer
I noticed that wood doesn't come up in our stocks, so maybe we dont have a stockpile for it or I'm just blind. So I decided to put one in our workshop where we'd need it most. Then I saw it: a MASSIVE field of stone... I couldnt beleive it, this entire fortress so nice and tidy and WHAM! one big pile of stone! If there wasnt any ores in it, I'd say its as worthless as a pile of s***! I immediatley sent a dump order and since I don't know where the dump is, I placed one north of the workshops and it will gladly be marked for future reference for reclaiming. Meanwhile, Operation UTW is currently underway! Although we lack the amount of units of anything to actually complete it. I also set an order to smelt more hemetite, magenite and other iron making stuff to the smelters and mass produced zinc cages (we need them for our cage traps since we ran out and I dare not touch our wood stores until I find it). Why did I choose zinc? We have tons of it and it doesn't make any weapons or armor, jsut furniture. So why don't we use it towards furniture we could use? I see no problem in it, unless someone amongst our numbers was saving it for a zinc statue garden or worse, zinc doors. Metal is used for a reason, and I plan on turning this fortress into one as hard as the iron used to make my boots! Our cook also made some masterful kidney roasts today, can't wait to have some!

13th Hemetite, 1074 - Early Summer
I began to plan out a way to destroy out prisoners without having them run around aimlessly killing everything in sight and in a way our soldiers can have live combat experience (not that they already did in the first place). Dwarves of scrubbedcreams! I give you: THE ARENA!

I have also given note that we could become the capital if we send offerings and used a certain amount on our roads, and thus, I have built a simple road stretching outward! This will tell other civilizations "We're here! We are scrubbedcreams!" and give a big welcome mat for our pointy eared hippies.

OOC: at this point I think I accidentally hit l again and got crashed again... If this persists, I will end my turn after I redo everything, hopefully more to come, just ending for night (this took 5 hours cause of redoing, hence why its only like 3 days, but longest it went was 25th of Hemetite until I hit the infamous l key...)

highmax28

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #401 on: December 29, 2011, 03:15:30 pm »

17th Hemetite, 1074 - Early Summer
One of my fellow soldiers has become obsessive over his sword to the point he named it!Good thing its made out of the magical blue stuff, rather then something wooden or copper. I made a unit generator for Operation UTW in the southern sections of the workshops. It'll take past my time perhaps to have enoguh units. In other news, the workshops are all cleaned up now, free of the pile of rock hanging around. Construction of the arena hasn't been started, and neither has the gathering of the great blue stuff. What are our beloved miners doing? Theyre storing things in bins, stockpiles and barrels. Who gave our miners, our demigods of stone, the worthless job of hauling!? Drop everything but your pick and trousers miners, your going on a mining spree! I've also edited the final design of the arena after seeing it again in the engraving I placed above. Construction of the roads however is running quite smoothly, and hopes of finishing them before the next elven christmas seems likely, but not certain. The pointy eared bastards could show up at any moment.
18th Hemetite, 1074 - Early Summer
Today I found out why we have over 40 idlers and all of our miners are with them: they dont have any picks! Well, lets go make you some while I find out why you aren't carrying your great and powerful pickaxe (these are legendary miners add to that, why must you starve the masters of their craft Armok, WHY!?). ANd thus I have written the Code of Miners, this will be found written in the deepest parts of our fortress into the rock no miner can break:
1. Thou shalt not kill a fellow miner
2. Thou shalt love the rock you mine
3. Thou shalt always carry a pick
4. Thou shalt drink and eat regularly
5. Thou shalt only mine and bathe
6. Thou shalt only smite those that come in between thou and thine rock
7. If thou is not mining, thou shalt BE mining soon!
And the first set of units have been made for operation UTW, now we just need to wait for more to come and for them to be refined...
Alot of people are making masterpieces, and I have comissioned a mass order of weapons to be built, and I sent in our greatest weaponsmith to do this, our former overseer Ifeno. Soon, our soldiers amongst ourselves will be using legendary weapons! Except for that one guy who named his sword, he'll be stuck with that one.
23rd Hemetite, 1074 - Early Summer
Oh s***....
*supposed to be picture of entering HFS, but pictures don't work...*
QUICK! CLOSE OFF THAT ONE! EVERYONE CLOSE IT OFF! WE NEED TO MOVE QUICKLY! HURRY UP!!! ALL SOLDIERS MOVE TO THE BOTTOM OF THE FORTRESS!!! WE'RE GOING TO OUR FINAL WAR!
24th Hemetite, 1074 - Early Summer
We couldn't stop them from entering our halls. Everyone was apparently enlisted into the army and we now are fighting a battle we cannot win. No wonder its called Happy Fun Surprises Inc... Those who cant and I decide who wont fight are sent outside to wait out our second Judgement Day and maybe flee. I am writting this as I rush to the blacksmithing halls, and I am hoping that the pointy eared dogs show up so they can deal with this, not that it would matter. I can already smell the fumes of fire and death and my platoon hasent even come close yet. I fear for the other's saftey. I will say however, I will not abandon this. I will fight to the death, and until every last dwarf draws their final breath, we wil stay!
BROTHERS AND SISTERS IN ARMS! OUR TIME HAS COME! TODAY WE SHOW THE WORLD HOW WE ARE MIGHTY AND POWERFUL DWARVES! One day, the Dwarves will cease to exist, as will the elves and men. Goblins and their demon rulers will become the overlords of our lands. But today, we stand our ground. Today is not the day the dwarves will fall. Today is not the day where our beloved scrubbedcreams fall! TODAY IS THE DAY WE DRAW ONE LAST BREATH AND CHARGE! TODAY MAY BE THE LAST WE EVER SEE THE SUN OR THE HARD EARTH! TODAY IS THE DAY WE DIE TO DEFEND OUR HOME! THIS DAY WE FIGHT! SHOW THEM WHAT HELL REALLY IS!
25th Hemetite, 1074 - Early Summer
This war foreshadows a terrible end. I just made it to the battlefield and over 40 of our brothers and sisters are slain, including former overseer Farmerbob, and several others. The body count increases every passing moment. One of those fiends has entered reach of my blade but I cannot reach him from all the other soldiers gonig through this narrow tunnel. Armok save us!
***Later Entry***
I've engaged the enemy, and as I enter the killing fields, some dwarven wine explodes, severely bruising my body. I am gonig to die, and I know it, but I am not going down without a fight! *swings shield at enemy, enemy arm flies off* BROTHERS AND SISTERS IN ARMS! KNOW THAT YOU ALL FIGHT TO LIVE ANOTHER DAY! TO SEE YOUR CHILDREN BORN! TO SEE THE AGE OF DWARVES ARRIVE! FIGHT ON MY ALLIES, FIGHT ON! DO NOT LET THE SMOKE, MIASMA, BOILING ALCHOHOL OR ANY OTHER DEADLY GAS PHASE YOU! FIGHT TO YOUR LAST BREATH!
Conan has fallen, and my body is cut apart from this fight... My time has come... Armok guide me into the halls of everlasting booze and fighting...
***The rest of the journal is singed***
Journal of Ingish Bowedabbeys, One of the few children who made it out with minimal wounds:
Hemetite 25, 1074
I've sealed off the doors leading to the lowest parts, about 3 non fighters will not make it. I managed to take the journal of Highmax before he died and all I managed to get was my feet bruised. Thankfully, I made it outside to the cold air that before I resented, now it feels amazing due to the cold air against my heated body. Death is in the air with the smell of fire and other gases. I hope I live to see my comming of age, but this battle does not deem this so...
Every second, 5 or more soldeirs are killed. They made it as far as the farms, but the majority of them are held inside the blacksmith's halls. Everything is destroyed there. There was a plan to release the beasts that dwell within the caverns to try and stop this menace, but this would only cause a faster death. Ifeno, Highmax, Farmerbob and several others have fallen in this bloodbath. There are about 6 of us outside now. Most are children liek me. I hope that my siblings and my parents make it. One of the other children out here weeps, they just lost their father from this fight. McGuinty is our current leader, not that it matters. Another child throws a tantrum in her sleep, I've locked her in her room so we can survive a bit longer. We have over 100 dead now, and I think I left my toys back in my room but I must obey orders and stay here. I hear the screams of agony getting louder! They must've gotten past the first set of hatches that are locked somehow! I've sealed off the rest of the fortress entirely. Fourteen soldiers live still. The rest are trapped around the fortress either in the farms or running from the horrors. I can only hope the hatches retain, the last thing we need is us outside dying the same death as the others. Many things are destroyed wherever they go,  they are many, and we are few. I deem this fortress a disaster, and me along with us outside will flee. We will retreat and never come back to this place. Only the hope of a time magician can help us! In with this, I say to the others: do not dig for the precious blue ore more then you need to, one lower then its lowest part right now is enough, any mroe and this will happen again!
OOC: And thus shows what will happen, I'm posting the save for BEFORE this incident, with high hopes the next guy can see what i did wrong. Operation UTW was jsut a lever that released a bunch of war dogs, and the arena is still being built, as is the tunnel to HFS, so AT THE BOTTOM OF THE ADAMANTINE, REMOVE DESIGNATION! IT WILL KILL US ALL!!!

Ifeno

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #402 on: January 01, 2012, 09:32:57 pm »

^actually i propose we keep going with the post HFS file and try to make it work.  We've survived FB spam we can seal off the majority of the fortress and retake scubbedcreams.  Also, try photobucket to upload pics.  i would LOVE to see all the shit that went down then the clowns came XD

highmax28

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #403 on: January 01, 2012, 09:38:41 pm »

Redoing it is simple, just leave evrything be, and everything will happen again, and thanks, but how exactly do I put photos on here? And on top of that, reason why no save up yet, still asking my friend how to upload it :-[ haven't heard from him yet, so... How do i do that? :P

highmax28

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #404 on: January 01, 2012, 10:12:20 pm »

Since i'm already gonna doom this place, I'm gonna finish arena and put in a few goodies for those willing to find it in adventure mode ;D I've also put the code down on the lowest part until HFS (its SM so its hard to spot)

Edit: Just crashed, was almost done when I went over the damn thing killing my laptop: a purple gem south of one of the enterances. I had alot of traps built, using alot of the stuff lying around, mostly large serraded disks I made, a few candy spears, and I nabbed a few extra competetors (had a small ambush, managed to capture like 4 of the like 10, 11, 12 or so elves and almost all of their mounts), it had all of the doors, all of the mechanisms linked up to the cages and was engraved over with some unique things, like the removal of Conan from his rank of captain, the death of dwarves were common sights, and one interesting one was the original founding of scrubbedcreams back in 1061. I had like 10 cage rooms made with all masterwork engravings, and my god were they beautiful for the arena (as I said, alot of dwarves killnig dwarves), and the best part was every single tile in the elf's cage was of a dwarf killing an elf or killing an animal (brings upon thoughts doesn't it?) Too bad i couldn't finish, once I figure out how to post pictures, I'll put them up so you can see the stuff I had over the course of my 5 or 6 day reign  ;D
« Last Edit: January 02, 2012, 02:34:20 am by highmax28 »

Pages: 1 ... 25 26 [27] 28