Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9

Author Topic: How to deal with aggressive dogs?  (Read 18145 times)

DJ

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: How to deal with aggressive dogs?
« Reply #90 on: April 10, 2011, 09:34:58 am »

And then when you got it by it's hind legs you use it as a club against it's buddies ;D
Urist, President has immigrated to your fortress!
Urist, President mandates the Dwarven Bill of Rights.

Cue magma.
Ah, the Magma Carta...

Angel Of Death

• Bay Watcher
  • Karl Groucho?
    • View Profile
« Reply #91 on: April 10, 2011, 09:48:12 am »

I'm begining to doubt the dogs viciousness. After all, the creator of this thread is still alive. Isn't he?
99 percent of internet users add useless, pulled out of arse statistics to their sig. If you are the 1%, please, for the love of Armok, don't put any useless shit like this in your sig.
Hidden signature messages are fun!

Askot Bokbondeler

• Bay Watcher
  • please line up orderly
    • View Profile
« Reply #92 on: April 10, 2011, 10:50:47 am »

this thread is very informative.i really admire the sharing of ideas. :D

i learn a lot from this thread.on how to deal aggressive dogs.i am a pet lover,and so it really is a big thing on me on how to deal with them.i really can't imagine poisoning dogs. :)

these guys are getting disturbingly smart :\

Zrk2

• Bay Watcher
  • Emperor of the Damned
    • View Profile
« Reply #93 on: April 10, 2011, 11:53:11 am »

And then when you got it by it's hind legs you use it as a club against it's buddies ;D
Out of context thread! GOGOGO!

i learn a lot from this thread.on how to deal aggressive dogs.i am a pet lover,and so it really is a big thing on me on how to deal with them.i really can't imagine poisoning dogs. :)

My thoughts exactly.

Upon reflecting on how I would fight my neighbours dogs, I think you should get a walking stick, that could keep them farther away and you could jab to achieve greater damage.
He's just keeping up with the Cardassians.

Nas92

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #94 on: April 10, 2011, 12:58:49 pm »

I'm from Hungary, our self-defense laws are roughly the same, I think. My suggestion would be: Ask around wheter it is legal to defend yourself with everyday items(like your backpack), or not. If it is legal then make sure your backpack is harder than usual, so you can use that to knock out at least one of the dogs, that should scare them away. If it's not legal then leave the country, you should do this if you have the chance either way, because self-defense laws like this indicate that the ruling elite are trying to protect the criminals, rather than the innocent. Another way would be to make friends with the dogs and turn them against the idiots who are protecting them, but I know it doesn't work that way.

eerr

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #95 on: April 10, 2011, 01:28:00 pm »

The louder and harder you make them bark the more people will want to get rid of them.

Cthulhu

• Bay Watcher
  • A squid
    • View Profile
« Reply #96 on: April 10, 2011, 01:29:06 pm »

Out of context thread! GOGOGO!

My thoughts exactly.

Upon reflecting on how I would fight my neighbours dogs, I think you should get a walking stick, that could keep them farther away and you could jab to achieve greater damage.

When you're deciding what kind of weapon you should use, remember that a dog will assume anything you're wearing or holding is part of your body.  With that in mind, how likely is it that a weapon will get wrenched out of your hands by a dog who grabs onto it?  I don't think you could hold onto a walking stick.
Shoes...

DJ

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #97 on: April 10, 2011, 02:42:06 pm »

What if the walking stick was a macuahuitl?
Urist, President has immigrated to your fortress!
Urist, President mandates the Dwarven Bill of Rights.

Cue magma.
Ah, the Magma Carta...

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #98 on: April 10, 2011, 03:38:48 pm »

I'm begining to doubt the dogs viciousness. After all, the creator of this thread is still alive. Isn't he?

Dogs for the most part arn't aggressive hunters and even though they arn't afraid of people, people arn't REALLY part of their diet and thus they don't hunt people for food most of the time.

Though they can and will attack.

Heron TSG

• Bay Watcher
  • The Seal Goddess
    • View Profile
« Reply #99 on: April 10, 2011, 03:47:48 pm »

What if the walking stick was a macuahuitl?
Yes. Decorate it with sharp blades of obsidian. Just for the visual appeal. Of course!

Est Sularus Oth Mithas
The Artist Formerly Known as Barbarossa TSG

MetalSlimeHunt

• Bay Watcher
  • Gerrymander Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #100 on: April 10, 2011, 04:46:14 pm »

Remember, a dogs jaw is essentially two thin wedges on a hinge. If you take, say, a metal bar and thrust it in to the dog's mouth sideways when they lunge at you they'll be completely unable to bite. From there you have the upper hand.
Quote from: Thomas Paine
To argue with a man who has renounced the use and authority of reason, and whose philosophy consists in holding humanity in contempt, is like administering medicine to the dead, or endeavoring to convert an atheist by scripture.
No Gods, No Masters.

Farmerbob

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #101 on: April 10, 2011, 05:54:04 pm »

Remember, a dogs jaw is essentially two thin wedges on a hinge. If you take, say, a metal bar and thrust it in to the dog's mouth sideways when they lunge at you they'll be completely unable to bite. From there you have the upper hand.

Most people won't have the presense of mind to do this in a fight.  Takes training to instill these types of instincts in (most) people.

That's why I prefer the "Let them bite you on spiked armor" approach.

Dogs are smart, generally.  Most dogs will only attack a porcupine once, one way or another.  Make yourself a human porcupine.  Be sure that your leg and arm/hand spikes/armor aren't going to injure humans that you casually brush up against, and you should not get any problem from the law unless you have some really freaky national dress code or something.
How did I miss the existence of this thread?
(Don't attempt to answer that.  Down that path lies ... well I was going to say madness but you all run towards madness as if it was made from chocolate and puppies.  Just forget I said anything.)

Phmcw

• Bay Watcher
  • Damn max 500 characters
    • View Profile
« Reply #102 on: April 11, 2011, 02:31:08 am »

Uhhhh? Why are you guys trolling this thread? Your comments have nothing to do with the op question.
No, his wife won't kung fu fight the dog, and I really doubt that anyone here could do it, a knife is out of question because a) it take skill to kill with it b) it's not effective against a pack c) He asked for a less lethal option.
And I really doubt she'd turn gothic just for the sake of the dogs.
Quote from: toady

In bug news, the zombies in a necromancer's tower became suspicious after the necromancer failed to age and he fled into the hills.

Farmerbob

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #103 on: April 11, 2011, 03:03:50 am »

Uhhhh? Why are you guys trolling this thread? Your comments have nothing to do with the op question.
No, his wife won't kung fu fight the dog, and I really doubt that anyone here could do it, a knife is out of question because a) it take skill to kill with it b) it's not effective against a pack c) He asked for a less lethal option.
And I really doubt she'd turn gothic just for the sake of the dogs.

Wait.  You say this at the same time you tell us to stop trolling?

From the severe limits that their own government and neighbors are pushing on them, and the fact that most people don't turn into Chuck Norris overnight, I suspect that the spiked clothing is the only thing that will be both effective, AND not get them fined or in jail.

However, I'm always willing to listen to another person's rational ideas.  What are yours?
How did I miss the existence of this thread?
(Don't attempt to answer that.  Down that path lies ... well I was going to say madness but you all run towards madness as if it was made from chocolate and puppies.  Just forget I said anything.)

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #104 on: April 11, 2011, 08:40:37 am »

Around where I am you cannot buy truely spiked clothing. or rather... The spikes on spiked clothing wouldn't really hurt anyone.
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9