Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Ases The Noble Bravery  (Read 1338 times)

SpiralDimentia

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Ases The Noble Bravery
« on: April 07, 2011, 04:45:27 am »

The Bronze Colossus. This is the second time I've encountered him.. the first time an aligator sacrificed itself to save me from him. Now he's back for more... and all I have is my battle axe... do I stand a chance?

The weird part, is it's not even his lair I'm visiting. He's not even supposed to be on this side of the world. I was on my way to kill a cyclops when he randomly shows up to dispense bronze justice upside my face.
« Last Edit: April 07, 2011, 04:50:20 am by SpiralDimentia »
Dragonwork, A Successful Failure.
Legacy of Insightshields
Many more made tales in this hall,
before the stronghold found it's fall.
An enemy none could stop or yield,
had taken over Insightshields.

iyaerP

• Bay Watcher
  • has mandated the production of 3 gold shields.
    • View Profile
Re: Ases The Noble Bravery
« Reply #1 on: April 07, 2011, 05:16:57 am »

Throw random crap from your bags at him whilst FLEEING FOR YOUR PATHETIC LIFE!
Christ, are you dwarves or are you elves? If you think Hell has too many demons, then youkill them till the population reaches an acceptable number.
Dwarf Fortress: So horrifying the players would rather talk about nice things, like Warhammer 40k.

Fredson

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 07, 2011, 09:15:18 am »

Stab him with your copper dagger, cuts through colossi like a hot knife through butter!

Angel Of Death

• Bay Watcher
  • Karl Groucho?
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 07, 2011, 09:24:30 am »

Stab him with your copper dagger, cuts through colossi like a hot knife through butter!
DON'T.

99 percent of internet users add useless, pulled out of arse statistics to their sig. If you are the 1%, please, for the love of Armok, don't put any useless shit like this in your sig.
Hidden signature messages are fun!

Fredson

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 07, 2011, 09:36:41 am »

DON'T.
It's true, try it yourself! It's ridiculous, but it is more effective than any other gear you could get your hands on in adventure mode.

Angel Of Death

• Bay Watcher
  • Karl Groucho?
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 07, 2011, 09:47:14 am »

DON'T.
It's true, try it yourself! It's ridiculous, but it is more effective than any other gear you could get your hands on in adventure mode.
Arena tested. Every shot glances away.
99 percent of internet users add useless, pulled out of arse statistics to their sig. If you are the 1%, please, for the love of Armok, don't put any useless shit like this in your sig.

Fredson

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 07, 2011, 10:02:12 am »

DON'T.
Strange. Just tested it in arena mode and you are right... But in normal play it normally works like a charm for me...

Angel Of Death

• Bay Watcher
  • Karl Groucho?
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 07, 2011, 10:03:59 am »

DON'T.
Strange. Just tested it in arena mode and you are right... But in normal play it normally works like a charm for me...
Yeah, right. I'm calling BS on that.

Hang on... Before I call BS, how high was your knife skiil when you confronted the BC in adventure mode?

Yep. I call bullshit. With a legendary fighting and knife skill, the knife will only fracture and dent.
« Last Edit: April 07, 2011, 10:09:32 am by Angel Of Death »

Fredson

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 07, 2011, 10:09:25 am »

DON'T.
Yeah, right. I'm calling BS on that.

Hang on... Before I call BS, how high was your knife skiil when you confronted the BC in adventure mode?
Not too high. But i had high dodging skills. Its always took some time so land a blow but eventually the dagger did penetrate (unlike most other weapons).

SpiralDimentia

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: April 07, 2011, 12:36:15 pm »

DON'T.

I kinda figured a knife wouldn't work. lol. It would be something like trying to kill someone with their own toenail. D:
Legacy of Insightshields

Nasikabatrachus

• Bay Watcher
  • Who watchdwarfs the watchdwarves?
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: April 07, 2011, 12:51:39 pm »

Did this BC ambush you both times? Or were you walking around in local mode and it just popped up?
"I want to have goblins about me, for I am courageous. The courage which scareth away ghosts, createth for itself goblins--it wanteth to laugh." Thus Spake Zarathustra, chapter 7, Friedrich Nietzsche

SpiralDimentia

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: April 07, 2011, 01:04:18 pm »

The first time, I went looking for a fight. I thought it would be a titan, but instead it was a bronze colossus. The second time, I was walking around in local mode to a Cyclops cave, and juts sorts found him standing on a patch of red sand, right outside the cave.
Legacy of Insightshields

Stone Wera

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: April 07, 2011, 03:43:47 pm »

Try to fight him, if you die, savescum. If you die many times, go into the raws and make him the size of a housecat.

Aramco

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: April 07, 2011, 10:05:09 pm »

Try to fight him, if you die, savescum. If you die many times, go into the raws and make him the size of a housecat.
Or maybe there's a god who's just completely insane and sends you to Detroit, Michigan in a new body if you ever utter the name "Pat Sajak".