Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Giant Badger Boars...  (Read 2158 times)

zakkeh

• Bay Watcher
  • Rawrior
    • View Profile
Giant Badger Boars...
« on: April 07, 2011, 02:42:48 am »

Just looking through reports, and see that my erstwhile hunter and his brand new hunting dog managed to kill an enraged Giant Badger Boar and Sow...The dog ended up bleeding to death, but for a guy with a bronze crossbow and bone bolts, he did amazingly, managing to rip the badger boar's upper torso off. Not too sure where the Sow ran off to, but she seemed to have taken some fairly big damage.

Anyone else had some rough dealings with Badger Boars?
Or perhaps you're just sadistic and enjoy slow-cooking your goblins/kittens/nobles.

dirty foot

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Giant Badger Boars...
« Reply #1 on: April 07, 2011, 02:47:35 am »

Just looking through reports, and see that my erstwhile hunter and his brand new hunting dog managed to kill an enraged Giant Badger Boar and Sow...The dog ended up bleeding to death, but for a guy with a bronze crossbow and bone bolts, he did amazingly, managing to rip the badger boar's upper torso off. Not too sure where the Sow ran off to, but she seemed to have taken some fairly big damage.

Anyone else had some rough dealings with Badger Boars?
Only on EVERY embark I've had since I updated from .19 to .25; badgers are disgustingly strong. Not just the big ones. All of them. Their conga line of death has been the most painful attack I've ever had to endure since I started playing a little over three months ago. I regularly hit year two with an entire crew of crippled pioneers.

JJtoocool

• Bay Watcher
  • Unfortunate Accident: ∞
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 07, 2011, 02:51:18 am »

Are you trying to tell me we have land carp?  :o
« Last Edit: May 02, 2011, 06:42:53 am by JJtoocool »
Quote from: Goblin 3 to Goblin 1
I heard that I died.
Quote from: Goblin 1 to Goblin 3
It was inevitable.
Goodbye.
Goodbye.

phoenixuk

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 07, 2011, 02:55:43 am »

So many Badgers...
So many handless dwarves...
One of my hunters died of blood loss last night after a giant badger tore his foot off. I now have a roaming gang of marksdwarves who murder badgers on sight. It's the only safe way.

Psieye

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 07, 2011, 03:01:07 am »

Every dead unit will have its upper body missing, no matter the cause of death.
Military Training EXP Analysis
Congrats, Psieye. This is the first time I've seen a derailed thread get put back on the rails.

Untelligent

• Bay Watcher
  • I eat flesh!
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 07, 2011, 03:03:55 am »

Judging from the recent flood of badger threads in this subforum, yes.

For ages, the crown of the King of Beasts has rested upon no head, the title long being vacant. Elephants became docile long ago, Carp have shrunk even smaller than they once were and dwarves made less fearful of their terrifying stare, and Giant Cave Spiders had the razor-tips of their fangs filed off.

But now, a new beast, freshly wrought from the blood-forges of Armok himself, has begun its reign of terror over the land. He made it ubiquitous, such that all would know its name. He filled it with fury, such that none would think it harmless. And He granted several of them tremendous size and insatiable anger far beyond that of their normal kin, such that even those who had thought they had mastered them had still more treacherous foes to be slain by.

There is a new King of Beasts, and its name is Badger. Tremble before it.
« Last Edit: April 07, 2011, 03:20:15 am by Untelligent »
The World Without Knifebear — A much safer world indeed.
regardless, the slime shooter will be completed, come hell or high water, which are both entirely plausible setbacks at this point.

JJtoocool

• Bay Watcher
  • Unfortunate Accident: ∞
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 07, 2011, 03:06:17 am »

Thats better than what I came up with.  :P

*EDIT*: Mind if I move that to the Wiki? -wiki'd-
« Last Edit: April 07, 2011, 03:26:02 am by JJtoocool »
I heard that I died.
It was inevitable.
Goodbye.
Goodbye.

dirty foot

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 07, 2011, 03:14:39 am »

So many Badgers...
So many handless dwarves...
One of my hunters died of blood loss last night after a giant badger tore his foot off. I now have a roaming gang of marksdwarves who murder badgers on sight. It's the only safe way.
The conga line of badgers once drowned 5 of my dwarfs all at once while they were disobeying my direct order to only drink where I told them to drink from. Any time I read "a badger has calmed down," I know there's already a dwarf out there that's about to die of blood loss.

Why doesn't the game give me a warning when the badger first gets enraged?

Not that it matters, they're stronger than almost all starter dwarves, and they will always be faster.

UnrealJake

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 07, 2011, 05:24:39 am »

Judging from the recent flood of badger threads in this subforum, yes.

For ages, the crown of the King of Beasts has rested upon no head, the title long being vacant. Elephants became docile long ago, Carp have shrunk even smaller than they once were and dwarves made less fearful of their terrifying stare, and Giant Cave Spiders had the razor-tips of their fangs filed off.

But now, a new beast, freshly wrought from the blood-forges of Armok himself, has begun its reign of terror over the land. He made it ubiquitous, such that all would know its name. He filled it with fury, such that none would think it harmless. And He granted several of them tremendous size and insatiable anger far beyond that of their normal kin, such that even those who had thought they had mastered them had still more treacherous foes to be slain by.

There is a new King of Beasts, and its name is Badger. Tremble before it.

Badger badger badger badger badger MUSHROOM MUSH-OHMY GOD WHAT THE HELL OH GOD GETITOFFGETITOFFGETITOFF HELP OH GOD ARGGGHHH

Urist McWeebl has been struck down!
Huochong sounds like what you hear when a ninja hits somebody with a frying pan.

"HUOOOOOOOOOO-"
*CHONG*

Zeranamu

• Bay Watcher
  • I am Z
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: April 07, 2011, 05:29:44 am »

Badger badger badger badger badger MUSHROOM MUSHROOM (tree) badger badger..