Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 11 12 [13] 14 15

Author Topic: Dwarf Trade Alliance (Co-op Fortress)  (Read 23123 times)

RTiger

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Dwarf Trade Alliance (Co-op Fortress)
« Reply #180 on: May 03, 2011, 06:31:07 pm »

Honestly, my fort is getting to the point of being simply boring. No invasions cause there is no goblins or kobolds in this worldgen. The general needs are taken care of, and have taken this fort beyond most of my others.

As we say here in Dwarf Fortress....

LOSING = FUN

And I don't see my fort ever failing unless something goes terribly wrong (Failed artifact leading to tantrum spiral), making me half tempted to open the fun house.

RTiger

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #181 on: May 04, 2011, 06:57:16 am »

Granite 1

GYAAAAAAHHH! This is starting to drive me mad!

Garnerite, Cobaltite, Silver, Galena, Cassiterite, Tetrahedrite

Gold, Silver, Copper, Tin, Bronze, Billon, Zinc, Nickel, Electrum, Rose gold, Nickel Silver, Black Bronze, Peweter
Gold, Silver, Copper, Tin, Bronze, Billon, Zinc, Nickel, Electrum, Rose gold, Nickel Silver, Black Bronze, Peweter

MUST HAVE METAL!!!!!!!!!!!

Oooo.  Candy! Gotta Have that also!

5 Granite

Ok... now that he has been locked away for a while...

Still, I can't blame him. We got all this metal, and no fuel for the forges In better news, with any luck, the alliance has dispatched a recovery option by now. Our own stockpiles are overflowing with goods. There is not a goblin in sight. Thank god for that as we don't have much to defend ourselves with.

I am ordering the caverns opened. In all the time we have been watching this part of the caverns, it seems to be isolated from any possible threats, aside from the cave spiders and magma crabs.

1 Slate

21 Slate

Ok... That should be enough of that. Now I just need to figure out exactly what to do with it. (I have never robbed candy before)

15 Felcite

The elves have shown up, but like all the other caravans, we have not traded with them. There has been no need.

End of Season

RTiger

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #182 on: May 04, 2011, 02:21:26 pm »

Salverope reclaim will begin with Hematite, Plump helmets, Coffers, raw glass, biscuits (easy meals), tallow. Chairs, Tables, Beds, Silver, Wood Bolts, Ash, Pig Tails, Yarn Thread, and Gypsum Powder restricted for 3 years

JohnnyDigs

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re%3A+Dwarf+Trade+Alliance+(Co-op+Fortress)+
« Reply #183 on: May 04, 2011, 09:59:57 pm »

So by not helping moody dwarves do i have to sabotage them or something?
« Last Edit: May 05, 2011, 04:44:43 pm by JohnnyDigs »

RTiger

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #184 on: May 04, 2011, 10:21:07 pm »

Ask BBF

billybobfred

• Bay Watcher
  • [PRONOUN: she:her:hers:herself]
    • View Profile
« Reply #185 on: May 05, 2011, 02:13:21 pm »

Just pretend they don't exist. If they gather their materials without your assistance, good for them.
urist mcgeorg, who lives in boatmurdered and makes over 10,000 bad decisions each day,

JohnnyDigs

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #186 on: May 05, 2011, 04:48:56 pm »

Just pretend they don't exist. If they gather their materials without your assistance, good for them.

Ok, sounds good.

Salverope reclaim will begin with Hematite, Plump helmets, Coffers, raw glass, biscuits (easy meals), tallow. Chairs, Tables, Beds, Silver, Wood Bolts, Ash, Pig Tails, Yarn Thread, and Gypsum Powder restricted for 3 years

If we can't find someone to reclaim Salverope, how about we do it ourselves? We can have like a succession game inside of another game sort a thing.

JohnnyDigs

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #187 on: May 05, 2011, 04:49:34 pm »

Scaldedabbeys Year 5, Spring Report

Granite, Early Spring
By Armok's pig tail sock! I nearly fell out of chair when I read the reports from the DTA. I told the fishers and butchers to stop wasting their time. Without Frozenamuses' imports of ice blocks and cavern salt, all the meat and fish we produce will rot inside our barrels in a couple of days.

The rest of the deficits are not so bad. We preapred well last year so our stocks should hold out. Except for the booze of course. That will run out soon. Even if we had the means to make mead, I'm finding honey production to be dreadfully slow. I think I better expand the bee farming anyways, just in case. 
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
What the hell, I have too many hives?

Slate, Mid Spring
News of our coming booze shortages have spread far and wide. No migrants came this season and no more will join us. We don't want new mouths to feed anyways.

I spent my time reorganizing the pastures outside, so that all female livestocks are closer to the fort for easier milking. All our male livestock are pastured on the edges of our borders and young calfs are somewhere in the middle. I also ordered cage traps spread around the land to capture some wildlife.
Damn those critters look tasty but we can't butcher them now. We'll keep them alive by feeding them grass weed or vermin and see what happens next year.

Felsite, Late Spring
The elven caravan came as usual. I didn't expect them to bring us anything useful this year and they mostly didn't. I'm in the process of trading for the few animals+cages that they brought.
I also had a talk with them about the mandates. We met an amulets mandates but failed the aluminum mandate. There's no goddamn aluminum anywhere in this place. New mandate orders were given to me. These seem much more reasonable.
End-of-season report
Wealth: 1,387,234 (+107,198)
Mandates: 1 met and 1 failed
Siege: No
Borders: Trade Depot accessible

billybobfred

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #188 on: May 05, 2011, 05:57:00 pm »

If we can't find someone to reclaim Salverope, how about we do it ourselves? We can have like a succession game inside of another game sort a thing.

That sounds pretty awesome.

(i call dibs on the second reclaim turn if we do that)
« Last Edit: May 05, 2011, 06:02:41 pm by billybobfred »
urist mcgeorg, who lives in boatmurdered and makes over 10,000 bad decisions each day,

RTiger

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #189 on: May 06, 2011, 09:09:53 am »

Hammermoths.

1 Malachite

Well, we all know the stories about robbing the gods, but this time, we found something more. The metal in the upper sections was solid through. Our amount of adamantine has doubled as a result.

15 Malachite

Well, we got a bit of excitement at last. A minotaur has decided to show up at our doorstep. Needless to say, we got no military, but we have rigged the front gate to close up, and the loss of outside contact is not a big deal. What annoys me though is that several of the dwarves ignored orders to stay inside. One even got crushed by the bridge while it was being raised. A few more are trapped outside, but it cant be helped.

We will need to find a way to deal with this threat.

26 Malachite

The minotaur has destroyed the windmill, the splintering of wood and stone easily heard. In so doing, the upper well has lost its source of water. It is not a big loss. That well was only meant to be temporary anyway. The minotaur is still not getting in the front gate. We designed that with monsters like him in mind.

End of season

No mandates
Minotaur at the gate
Wealth: 916137 +~ 70000

RTiger

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #190 on: May 06, 2011, 10:34:18 am »

16 Timber

The Dwarven Caravan has shown. With any luck, they can take out the minotaur.

But only after the minotaur manages to kill the liason. Oh well. It is dead at least, so we opened the gate again.

23 Timber

We have run into a problem... A dead body has fallen into the well, and there is no way to get it out...

The biggest issue, is that the well was designed to be sealed. We are on the coast after all. The last thing we want is the well to become saltwater. Can't be helped. I have ordered that particular well sealed with hatches

Wealth: 948984

billybobfred

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #191 on: May 06, 2011, 11:30:34 am »

(( I'm leaving mechanisms restricted until 11th Hematite this year, due to my mistake in the last turn. just fyi ))

1st Granite, 205
The annual report from the DFTA has arrived. Apparently, their research shows that no amount of magma will bring bees to a glacier.

The report also shows that a fair number of restrictions have been, er, un-restricted. Not the truly important ones, unfortunately, but we can get back to work on our trap hall.

They've also worked out an agreement wherein they bring barrels full of booze, but due to the shortage only trade the booze itself and keep the barrel. That's fine. We've got enough empty barrels to work that out.

We're allowed to make bone bolts again, though. So that's good.

4th Granite
Oh, right, we have a moody dwarf. He's gotten to work on that.

8th Granite

It's got a picture of my gauntlet on it. I must have it. It's clearly meant as an addition to my uniform.

Oh, and I guess if there are trees in the caverns, we can use those for bolts.

16th Slate
Migraaaaants.

23rd Slate
The guy who brought news of our elevation last year also brought some pamphlet labeled "Becoming the Capital for Complete Brainless Morons". Apparently we need to build roads? Well, we're not allowed to build outside this year, so maybe later.

6th Felsite
There's a forgotten beast going after our water supply. I think I'll drop a cave-in on it.

18th Felsite
Elves showed up earlier, I forgot to note that. They brought three barrels of booze. Three. lousy goddamn stupid hippies

It is now summer.

1st Hematite
Well, we're not totally dry anymore. That forgotten beast hasn't moved an inch, and apparently I suck at cave-ins.

End-of-season report
Wealth: 1572190☼ created, 169662☼ imported, 55543☼ exported
Orders: 1 trade ban in place
Trading: 1 caravan arrived this season

RTiger

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #192 on: May 06, 2011, 11:41:28 am »

Winter was uneventful. 3 mandates for sterling silver, all met, but if bars stay restricted, that won't always be the case. If plants stay restricted, then our booze wont hold up for much longer

Final for the year is 982713, making the years profit 255322. As I tend to be the weakest fort, you should keep this number in mind

billybobfred

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #193 on: May 06, 2011, 12:45:12 pm »

1st Hematite
A miner has been possessed! zomg

2nd Hematite
Well, that was quick.

4th Hematite
The beast is crushed. Unfortunately, we did lose our screw pump in the process. No matter. We'll make another.

7th Hematite

Uh... huh.

23rd Hematite
Mooore freaking migrants.

26th Hematite
Uh. A woodcrafter just died of thirst. We have booze. We have a well. I don't get it.

2nd Malachite
We are no longer allowed to export picks.

Also: another freaking new mayor? bloody democracy

8th Malachite
More dwarfs are dying. WE HAVE DRINKS. DRINK THEM. seriously guys

13th Galena
A human caravan is here. (we're kinda running low on food so that's good)

18th Galena
Well, we've got food again. But we're still dangerously low on booze.

Autumn has come.

1st Limestone
We're not dying. But there's not a lot of economic prosperity we can have here without bars.

End-of-season report
Wealth: 1317790☼ created, 181086☼ imported, 56943☼ exported
Orders: 1 trade ban in place
Trading: 1 caravan arrived this season

billybobfred

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #194 on: May 06, 2011, 01:53:41 pm »

1st Timber
miiiiigrannnnts

Also: we've been mining out precious candy. Turns out? The tunnel to hell is below where we found it. Not sure how much below, mind you.

19th Timber
DFTA caravan's here.

20th Timber
And a goblin ambush! Two of them, even!

21st Timber
Crunch.

22nd Timber
The caravan caught a snatcher lurking around as well.

27th Timber
Ugh, nobody's bringing enough booze! This is hardly enough to last one season, let alone two!

also the trade ban is over

Winter is upon you.

1st Moonstone
Someone had best get Salverope up and running again.

End-of-season report
Wealth: 1875370☼ created, 208355☼ imported, 74473☼ exported
Orders: None.
Trading: 1 caravan arrived this season.
Pages: 1 ... 11 12 [13] 14 15