Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 12 ... 15

Author Topic: Dwarf Trade Alliance (Co-op Fortress)  (Read 23151 times)

RTiger

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Dwarf Trade Alliance (Co-op Fortress)
« Reply #135 on: April 26, 2011, 07:47:37 am »

And my end wealth for the year is 727491

If bars stay restricted, I won't be able to fill mandates, and not being able to fill mandates cause the mandate item is restricted is not very fair to be a penalty.

JohnnyDigs

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #136 on: April 27, 2011, 03:22:12 pm »

Did anyone remember Potato's behavior restriction for the current year? I just started my first month and got to making hives all over the place until I saw this:
Restriction: No constructions, buildings, or anything of any importance may be placed on outdoor tiles. Only farms and food stockpiles may be placed on soil tiles.

So I guess if you don't have Bees you can't get them since hives have to be built outdoors.

billybobfred

• Bay Watcher
  • [PRONOUN: she:her:hers:herself]
    • View Profile
« Reply #137 on: April 27, 2011, 06:17:12 pm »

hives have to be built outdoors.
Or next to an outdoor tile.
urist mcgeorg, who lives in boatmurdered and makes over 10,000 bad decisions each day,

cdrcjsn

• Bay Watcher
  • My name is Cedric
    • View Profile
    • Familiar Ground, fantasy comedy from a familiar point of view.
« Reply #138 on: April 27, 2011, 06:31:25 pm »

Did anyone remember Potato's behavior restriction for the current year? I just started my first month and got to making hives all over the place until I saw this:
Restriction: No constructions, buildings, or anything of any importance may be placed on outdoor tiles. Only farms and food stockpiles may be placed on soil tiles.

So I guess if you don't have Bees you can't get them since hives have to be built outdoors.

Oh.  No, I didn't see that in the list of restrictions that RT summarized for us on page 8.  I too built a bee tower this year.

Should I redo my entire year over again?  I just finished it a couple of hours ago.
Check out my comic!
http://www.familiar-ground.com
Fantasy Comedy.  Familiar Point of View.

RTiger

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #139 on: April 27, 2011, 10:02:52 pm »

I have waved that restriction. Do not worry. Also, as bees can only be placed outdoors, I am willing to overlook it, as it essentially is a farm

billybobfred

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #140 on: April 28, 2011, 12:06:34 pm »

1st Granite, 204
BOOZE! GLORIOUS BOOZE!

2nd Granite
Well, now that we're all good and drunk again, it's time to get back to business.

One of our partner forts, Salverope, has fallen entirely. This means, among other things, no more plants.

Our current stock of plants is enough to make 1670 drinks. That's enough for what, a year?

No barrels means the DFTA caravans won't be bringing booze, either. In warmer climates, a truly desperate dwarf could capture certain stinging insects and make mead from their honey, but here in Frozenamuses, that's not an option either.

But they say that, in sufficient quantity, magma can solve any problem, and I think I see how to solve this one... I'll just need two magma-safe screw pumps. And a lot of micromanagement. And a lot of digging.

11th Granite
A potash maker withdraws from society. please don't take the iron please don't take the iron please don't take the iron

25th Granite

Windy meteors... The last tale I heard that contained both wind and meteors... Well, let's just say it didn't end well for the planet.

13th Slate
One of our legendary miners has died from thirst.

I guess I needed even more micromanagement than I thought. :/

20th Slate
More migrants. blah

18th Felsite
An elven caravan showed up.

20th Felsite
Also, no exporting war hammers.

24th Felsite
There was a snatcher and an ambush, but we have a million traps at our entrance so they didn't get anywhere.

It is now summer.

1st Hematite
Largely uneventful. Since we can't make bars, or beds, or bone bolts, or a number of other things that we tend to occupy our time with, we haven't had much to do.

End-of-season report
Wealth: 1151845☼ created, 135752☼ imported, 31483☼ exported
Orders: 1 trade ban in place
Trading: 1 caravan arrived this season
urist mcgeorg, who lives in boatmurdered and makes over 10,000 bad decisions each day,

JohnnyDigs

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #141 on: April 28, 2011, 06:37:55 pm »

I have waved that restriction. Do not worry. Also, as bees can only be placed outdoors, I am willing to overlook it, as it essentially is a farm

You have a point with the bees but I have to disagree with waving Potato's restriction. Why bother with having any if we can choose to ignore them like that?

RTiger

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #142 on: April 28, 2011, 06:49:42 pm »

Fair enough.

Are we still going to keep perm bans?

cdrcjsn

• Bay Watcher
  • My name is Cedric
    • View Profile
    • Familiar Ground, fantasy comedy from a familiar point of view.
« Reply #143 on: April 28, 2011, 06:52:03 pm »

I like the idea of someone reclaiming the site, and then reducing the waves one others by one per year of successful operation.
Check out my comic!
http://www.familiar-ground.com
Fantasy Comedy.  Familiar Point of View.

JohnnyDigs

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #144 on: April 28, 2011, 07:03:56 pm »

Scaldedabbeys Year 4, Spring Report

Granite, Early Spring
With the fall of Salverope we've been forced to rely on fishing and hunting for supplement. We gathered and butchered all the elephants that were killed in the battle with the goblins last winter. Later a pack of gorillas came to beat up one of our horses, but the militia took care of them. I had to order extra butcher shops built in order to process everything.
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Also, Barney is brewing all our remaining crops but hes too slow. I cringe every time I pass by the dining room and see seeds from our limited plants on the tables. What's wrong with the gorilla stew?

Slate, Mid Spring
Still busy butchering. We finally got around to meeting all the green glass and crutch mandates. When the other dwarves asked how a green glass armor stand in my office is going to fix the economy, I told them to shut up and make slabs and amulets now.

In other news one of the weavers decided to make one bad ass skirt.

Felsite, Late Spring
The elven merchants came and the goblins scum are back.
This time they brought more guys....a cunning strategy! But on the battlefield their tactics fell apart. They came from three sides. One squad from the north, one squad on the hill to the west, and the last squad across the river to the east. The northern squad caught three speardwarves out of position guarding civilians collecting goblinite from the last battle. Rather than use their superior numbers they chose to split up. A few took on the speardwarves while the rest charged at the pastured animals but dwarven reinforcements arrived and rooted them.

Then the goblin squad of lashers from the east advanced and I had to split the victorious squads up. Some to guard the bridge and the rest to lead a charge with the reserves, most not having seen battle. It went well at first, with many goblins being slaughtered in the valley. But the goblin mace lord rallied his troops on the hill and put up a fierce fight. It wasn't until the river bridge was retracted, which allowed the rest of the militia defending it to swarm from behind, that the goblin mace lord was put down.

The third squad of goblins didn't feel like swimming when the river bridge was retracted. They killed a few unlucky livestock caught on the other side and left. One recruit died, four others now lie in the hospital, and many livestock were killed. Dammit our milk and cheese industry has been slowed!

End-of-season report
Wealth: 800,398
Siege: No
Mandates: Make amulets (1/1) Make Slabs (2/2)
Population: 97
Borders: Trade Depot accessible.

JohnnyDigs

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #145 on: April 28, 2011, 07:05:35 pm »

I like the idea of someone reclaiming the site, and then reducing the waves one others by one per year of successful operation.

I'm for either permanent or this.

billybobfred

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #146 on: April 28, 2011, 09:29:52 pm »

Oh, hey, I won't be having a computer this weekend. (suddenly the week's procrastination looks like a pretty terrible idea)

so the three seasons left in my turn will be happening monday.

RTiger

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #147 on: April 30, 2011, 02:59:44 pm »

Come on guys, I am the only one with a complete report right now

JohnnyDigs

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #148 on: April 30, 2011, 05:18:45 pm »

Scaldedabbeys Year 4, Summer Report

Hematite, Early Summer

The doctors are busy attending the wounded. Ruby Diamond is the more severe case. She was too eager to avenge the death of her former commander Tommy Diamond last winter, and both her legs have been shattered by the goblin mace lord.

Also finished trading with the elves. They are pleased to know we met all mandates recently and I convinced them to haul some of our useless goblinite away.

Malachite, Mid Summer

Expanding bee hive and glass production. Everyone keeps complaining about being stung. Why are the bees stinging everyone?

The fisherdwarves reported their are no more mussels to catch in the river and are now hunting turtles in the murky pools instead.

Finally, a stupid engraver chose to engrave lifelike images of monsters and beasts in my bedroom. How the hell am I suppose to sleep at night with all of this surrounding me?
He could of made images of various dwarves being surrounded by dwarves like he did in my office and dining room, but I think he did this on purpose. I had his room turned to a dormitory to get back at him.

Galena, Late Summer
Expanded  the Statue Garden. I told the masons to just use the gold nuggets since we can't smelt them anyways.

Later, Ruby Diamond succumbed to infection. The doctors have been spending all summer stitching and bandaging her legs but it didn't matter. The last member of "The Diamond Saviors" squad is now a hammer lord. I will assign two new recruits to the squad and hopefully they'll be trained well and become suitable replacements.

The human caravan and a diplomat from the DTA arrived. We're hauling all the goblinite we can to the Trade Depot. I haven't sat down to have a meeting with the diplomat yet, but he's following me around demanding we make bronze and aluminum items. Great...

End-of-season report
Wealth: 1,318,699
Mandates: Make aluminum items (1/1) Make bronze items (2/2)
Population: 102

JohnnyDigs

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #149 on: April 30, 2011, 05:28:14 pm »

Scaldedabbeys Year 4, Fall Report

A metalsmith went mad and started demanding Iron bars. This time no blood will be spilled. We are waiting for the screaming to end in order to pick up the body.
Also I could not meet the aluminum items mandate so a random herbalist I never met will take the blame.
A quiet (kinda) and productive season.

End-of-season report
Wealth: 1,293,654
Mandates: Make bronze items (2/2), One Mandate Unmet
Population: 107

Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 12 ... 15