Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 ... 15

Author Topic: Dwarf Trade Alliance (Co-op Fortress)  (Read 23154 times)

cdrcjsn

• Bay Watcher
  • My name is Cedric
    • View Profile
    • Familiar Ground, fantasy comedy from a familiar point of view.
Re: Dwarf Trade Alliance (Co-op Fortress)
« Reply #105 on: April 23, 2011, 07:18:10 pm »

Our little group now numbers 41 people.  I do find it strange though that the last two seasons only brought in one migrant each...

Damn only 2 migrants the whole year even though you're the wealthiest fort. Have you been giving the dwarven caravan a bad profit?
I have no clue what's going on.  I actually was looking forward for more migrants to finally build a decent militia.

What did you do with your food?  You dumped it?  Your fort value dropped by a couple hundred thousand in one season!?! 
Check out my comic!
http://www.familiar-ground.com
Fantasy Comedy.  Familiar Point of View.

PotatoLord

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #106 on: April 23, 2011, 07:49:39 pm »

Anyway, I hope the rest of you guys have !!Fun!!. Ima go make an adventurer in this world, and explore the fort.

I want to see the ruins too. How abut posting the save?
Sure! Here's the save:
http://dffd.wimbli.com/file.php?id=4261
I'm not quite sure how region files work; my adventurer might be on that file. But it shouldn't be much of a problem to just retire him.
Dude, you've created a Yeti with nothing to lose.

You've created Yeti Batman.

billybobfred

• Bay Watcher
  • [PRONOUN: she:her:hers:herself]
    • View Profile
« Reply #107 on: April 23, 2011, 09:56:04 pm »

You can also make mead from honeys. That counts as booze I think.  I have plenty of bees but I don't know about you guys. Is it possible to trade for bees?
It is not possible to trade for bees.

Expect Frozenamuses to collapse soon, because our only source of booze is now the caravans.
urist mcgeorg, who lives in boatmurdered and makes over 10,000 bad decisions each day,

RTiger

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #108 on: April 23, 2011, 10:07:59 pm »

Dwarven Trade Alliance: Year three end report.

BBF 399981/1038327 = 638346

RT 89406/540337 = 450931

CDJ 707335/1,349,080 = 641745

JD 580246/708891 = 128649

Scaledabbeys is yelled at for such poor growth.

The alliance had stopped recieving communication from Salverope, so a scouting party was sent out to find out what happened. What was found however, was that Salverope has apparently been destroyed, from outside and inside. This does not bode well for the alliance.

Restrictions for the coming year

For two years, all players

Main: Plants and Seeds, Bars

Item Types: Lavish Meals, Eggs, Chairs, Tables, Beds, Barrels, Picks

BBF and CDJ:

Bone bolts

RT, BBF, and CDJ

Main: Weapons, Armor

Item Types: Rope Reed Fiber Cloth, Yarn Thread, Gypsum Powder, Soap, Mechanisms

Restriction:
Can't Plant Traps

Begin year Four!

You guys thought no booze was bad? With Potatolord out of the game, there can be no farming of any kind, and you cant smelt ore to make weapons. You also cant melt old weapons.

Johnny, your falling behind, not that your restrictions matter much now that metal bars are restricted.

This situation is making me think of revising the rules, as a few of the item groups being banned perm is just too much. Namely, stone and plants. What do you guys say to enacting a 3 year ban for a fallen fort?

I forsee lots of trouble in the future.
« Last Edit: April 24, 2011, 04:22:28 am by RTiger »

PotatoLord

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #109 on: April 23, 2011, 10:26:09 pm »

I'd say that the penalty from a fallen fort should degrade over time: for instance, level 3 restrictions for 2 years, then level 2 restrictions for two years, then level 1 restrictions for two years, then full recovery. Something along those lines could help prevent something like...well, this, from grinding the game to an immediate halt.
Dude, you've created a Yeti with nothing to lose.

You've created Yeti Batman.

billybobfred

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #110 on: April 23, 2011, 10:28:46 pm »

I say a new player (or the same one) should be able to join in place of a fallen fort.

Start with tier 3 restrictions and reduce by 1 for each year the new fort survives.

That's just one idea, though...
urist mcgeorg, who lives in boatmurdered and makes over 10,000 bad decisions each day,

cdrcjsn

• Bay Watcher
  • My name is Cedric
    • View Profile
« Reply #111 on: April 23, 2011, 11:08:46 pm »

Hmm...use the same file as the fallen fortress and reclaim?
Check out my comic!

cdrcjsn

• Bay Watcher
  • My name is Cedric
    • View Profile
« Reply #112 on: April 23, 2011, 11:13:58 pm »

You can also make mead from honeys. That counts as booze I think.  I have plenty of bees but I don't know about you guys. Is it possible to trade for bees?
It is not possible to trade for bees.

Expect Frozenamuses to collapse soon, because our only source of booze is now the caravans.

Maybe try to irrigate the surface with lava trenches to allow adjacent squares to thaw, which allows grass, which MIGHT allow bees?

In any case, apparently it's possible to survive on just well water as long as you have other means to amuse your dwarves.  No luck with the slowness due to being sober though.
Check out my comic!

cdrcjsn

• Bay Watcher
  • My name is Cedric
    • View Profile
« Reply #113 on: April 23, 2011, 11:29:24 pm »

Question regarding some of the restrictions.

No Seeds - does this mean that we can't make anything that produces seeds as a byproduct?  No eating, brewing, or processing plants?  No taming captured herbivores?

No Weapons/Armor - I'm assuming non-created or traded gear is acceptable, like goblin equipment? 

Can't plant traps - I'm assuming this means the traps available from the control menu, and not construction based traps, like collapsing ceilings, lava chutes or other products of dwarven ingenuity outside of the b>T options.

No Barrels - do alternates like Large Pots count?

Also, Baroness Carpenter sends a missive to the other forts that she intends to grow her domain at a rate of 150,000 urists per season.  She respectfully demands that they dwarf up and try to keep pace.  She feels it is unfair that lazy nobility from other regions are hampering the greatness of her efforts.
Check out my comic!

RTiger

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #114 on: April 24, 2011, 01:35:34 am »

No seeds. I am going to trim this, as restricting seeds and plants will be a gamebreaker. I am going to say this means no farming, and no herbalism allowed. Brewing and eating what you have already will still be allowed.

No weapons/armor. Harvesting goblinite does not count. It just says can't be made or aquired through trades.

Cant plant Traps. Ask JD, It is his restriction for being so far behind.

No barrels means no barrels. Pots are pots. Just like chests are chests and coffers are coffers, though they are basicly the same thing.

DTA Overseer tiger reminds that control of your growth is up to you, and you need to deal with the resulting issues. The overseer also points out that most of the current restrictions are due to the lapse of Scaledabbys profit, and the fall of Salverope

cdrcjsn

• Bay Watcher
  • My name is Cedric
    • View Profile
« Reply #115 on: April 24, 2011, 03:31:39 am »

No barrels means no barrels. Pots are pots. Just like chests are chests and coffers are coffers, though they are basicly the same thing.

Just realized that this also means no buying booze from caravans since booze comes in barrels?
Check out my comic!

RTiger

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #116 on: April 24, 2011, 04:21:11 am »

Afraid so. Anyway, Lets take a day and iron out any questions on the new restrictions.

billybobfred

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #117 on: April 24, 2011, 08:03:11 am »

I pretty much understand the restrictions, though I guess JD should clear up whether he meant b-T traps or player ingenuity traps.

RTiger

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #118 on: April 24, 2011, 07:59:00 pm »

All I can say, is that if frozenamuses falls, this game is all but over, as ALL food will be on the restriction list at that point.

Deadline is next sunday. Good luck everyone.
« Last Edit: April 24, 2011, 09:47:46 pm by RTiger »

Brisk

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #119 on: April 25, 2011, 06:37:03 am »

to avoid a death spiral like this in the future perhaps next game let dorfs be able to trade for restricted items just not make them?
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 ... 15