Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: Titans?  (Read 2268 times)

dirty foot

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Titans?
« Reply #15 on: April 20, 2011, 04:15:49 pm »

Some titans are very hard to kill. My first titan could throw me around like a rag doll and it's bones were as hard as steel. I won only by aiming at the legs until it fell on the ground. Then I tried to repeatedly stab it in the head, but it died from loss of blood earlier than I managed to pierce it's skull. So, if titan is strong, aim for the legs.
I've seen the horror that is a BC, and I lived to tell about it. I literally couldn't hit with anything but a glancing blow. After he wrestled 15 of my men to death, I just ran from him until I could fast travel.

Fast-forward hours of gaming later, I decide to go at him again with about as many people, thinking I'd leveled up enough to get him. No chance. This time I lost my nose, it...my nose...the son of a bitch kicked it off my face, "sending it sailing off in an arc." How the hell do you kick someone so hard in the face that their nose is kicked off?

Dakk

• Bay Watcher
  • BLARAGLGLGL!
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: April 20, 2011, 05:19:27 pm »

I guess its easy if you're 40 feet tall and your toes are made of bronze.
Code: [Select]
    ︠     ︡
 ノ          ﺍ
ლ(ಠ益ಠლ)  ┻━┻

Table flipping, singed style.

Angel Of Death

• Bay Watcher
  • Karl Groucho?
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: April 20, 2011, 05:26:04 pm »

I guess its easy if you're 40 feet tall and your toes are made of bronze.

And you weigh more than 50 tanks riding 50 tanks.
99 percent of internet users add useless, pulled out of arse statistics to their sig. If you are the 1%, please, for the love of Armok, don't put any useless shit like this in your sig.
Hidden signature messages are fun!

dirty foot

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: April 20, 2011, 07:20:06 pm »

But, to do so without utterly obliterating the rest of my face and putting me out of my misery.

That's almost nearing spiteful.

Syreal

• Bay Watcher
  • Grand Master Magma Bather
    • View Profile
    • Syreal Games
« Reply #19 on: June 02, 2011, 10:40:56 am »

I feel like the less body parts a titan has, the easier it is to kill...

Flying Snow Blob; right wing, left wing, body: one hit, dead.
Giant Anaconda Made of Amber, about twice as many body parts: probably around 10 hits
Big Ole Turtle, many body parts: an actually interesting battle.

What's the idea behind titans? Like why do they vary so much?
You die in the heat.

kotekzot

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: June 02, 2011, 11:30:55 am »

I feel like the less body parts a titan has, the easier it is to kill...

Flying Snow Blob; right wing, left wing, body: one hit, dead.
Giant Anaconda Made of Amber, about twice as many body parts: probably around 10 hits
Big Ole Turtle, many body parts: an actually interesting battle.

What's the idea behind titans? Like why do they vary so much?
Because they're procedurally generated, derp.
Dwarf Fortress: Where violent death is a renewable resource
Bro, your like... thinking like a square man... its like, the WHOLE lamprey is just like, one big NECK dude, you know? its like hahahaha! dude protect the trees though, seriously. *inhale*... anyways... you like, want this dead black bear, bro?

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: June 02, 2011, 06:11:41 pm »

The reason why Titans can be so pathetically weak is because the game doesn't handle "soft" materials in a way that doesn't make them weak.

A giant maggot made of mud would seem pretty tough... however it is more like a balloon (I didn't even get to fight it, an archer killed it before I even got there)

Plus yeah the whole "Superfluous" bodyparts does help a great deal for a creature. A creature with a few segments actually has it worse off then a complex creature with dozens or even thousands.

Syreal

• Bay Watcher
  • Grand Master Magma Bather
    • View Profile
    • Syreal Games
« Reply #22 on: June 02, 2011, 11:20:39 pm »

Because they're procedurally generated, derp.

Well man, a couple years ago, titans didn't used to be random things -- they used to be giants on steroids. So I wonder why it changed so dramatically.

@ Neonivek, that makes sense. :)
You die in the heat.

Gamerlord

• Bay Watcher
  • Novice GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: June 03, 2011, 02:35:15 am »

titans are usually the first thing i go after to kill in adventurer mode, as long as i have a swordsman, pikeman or spearman. no companions. it's like a test for me. once managed it with an peasant outsider with only starting equipment. oh that was a beautiful day.

kotekzot

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: June 03, 2011, 06:54:30 am »

In my experience weird material creatures are nearly impervious to edge damage, most blows simply chipping a small part of the tissue away. Blunt weapons do a much better job, though, destroying torsos in a blow or two.
Dwarf Fortress: Where violent death is a renewable resource
Bro, your like... thinking like a square man... its like, the WHOLE lamprey is just like, one big NECK dude, you know? its like hahahaha! dude protect the trees though, seriously. *inhale*... anyways... you like, want this dead black bear, bro?
Pages: 1 [2]