Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: More Vibrant Hellscape Redux: DEEP_COMMON  (Read 1671 times)

Jeoshua

• Bay Watcher
  • God help me, I think I may be addicted to modding.
    • View Profile
Re: More Vibrant Hellscape Redux: DEEP_COMMON
« Reply #15 on: April 08, 2011, 07:31:00 am »

What if you only have one cavern? Or no caverns?

Well, obviously if you don't have caverns, the [CAVERN_ROCK] would appear at the depth you otherwise WOULD have caverns. But [CAVERN_SOIL] would not.  Obviously, no caverns and you wouldn't care about if theres soil there or not.

The rest of the tags I and the OP mentioned wouldn't be affected either way by the presence or absense of caverns, necessarilly.  [DEEP_COMMON] would appear below where the caverns would otherwise be.
I like fortresses because they are still underground.

flieroflight

• Bay Watcher
  • Worship the nightmare
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: April 08, 2011, 04:07:18 pm »

this qwould make it more worthwhile to go down there. i made a thread a while ago on how there could be special event that you could find similar to demon fortresses that provided a massive monster to kill or suchlike but had to be manually activated in order to spawn said horror
Bay12 doesn't have moral event horizons, it has goals.

SuicideJunkie

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: April 09, 2011, 08:02:13 am »

Isn't it cool how the first and only person who disagrees with a suggestions without giving reasons is questioned immediately, and yet not a single person who wrote "seconded" or other threadshit garbage along the lines of:
Its a very mundane cause:
1) Many reasons for agreeing are in the first post and do not need to be repeated.
2) The reasons for disagreeing are not listed at all.

I imagine that the reason for disagreeing was to prompt such a post, and that a troll just nibbled on you.

...but maybe I'm just being cynical.

Jeoshua

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: April 09, 2011, 08:26:44 am »

Seconded

;)

Seriously, if someone disagrees I'd like to hear their reasoning.  This is a sound suggestion, my additions were sound and most people liked them, and if the poster who disagrees doesn't give a reason that means they didn't think about it and just said "no"... which is not useful.

Having a different way to achieve what Toady stated he has wanted (the progression of goodies) is one thing.  Thinking my and the OPs suggestions are dumb and simply saying "no" is completely another thing, entirely.

Geen

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm gonna live forever, or die trying.
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: April 12, 2011, 05:20:37 pm »

I agree, as the best stuff (Other than admantine) is found in the first few layers currently.

loose nut

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: April 13, 2011, 02:57:37 am »

I dunno about relegating different kinds of metals to the depths, but here's a thought. Metal veins could get larger the further down you go.

Also, a chance at sizable fuel deposits – that would be relevant to my interests (most of the time)  :D

Jeoshua

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: April 13, 2011, 06:42:27 am »

Fuel should deffinitely get more common as you go down, but not too far.  I'd say there should be substantial coal deposits starting around the area of the caverns.  The underground could have been carved out either by natural gas or by beings from the deeps carving out large chunks of different coals,.

loose nut

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: April 13, 2011, 02:38:25 pm »

Yeah, I like the idea of large, mid-level fuel and metal deposits having the same sort of risk/reward mechanic that adamantine does, but less so. Then you can go deeper and have a shot at magma & its associated dangers, etc.

Jeoshua

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: April 13, 2011, 04:42:45 pm »

It would be nice if DENSITY played a role in how deep an ore would appear.  Only in highly volcanic regions would you have heavy metals near the surface.

Just like in real life, actually.
Pages: 1 [2]