Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: "r: Remv Cre".. WTF?  (Read 1129 times)

Bohandas

• Bay Watcher
  • Discordia Vobis Com Et Cum Spiritum
    • View Profile
"r: Remv Cre".. WTF?
« on: April 06, 2011, 07:10:13 pm »

Below the units menu in fortress mode, next to the listings for the hotkeys to zoom to the selected creature or go to the manager screen, there is another option listed as "r: Remv Cre". What does this do? Does anybody know? I tried looking on the wiki but couldn't find it.
NEW Petition to stop the anti-consumer, anti-worker, Trans-Pacific Partnership agreement
What is TPP
----------------------
Remember, no one can tell you who you are except an emotionally unattached outside observer making quantifiable measurements.
----------------------
Έπαινος Ερις

Stormfeather

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: "r: Remv Cre".. WTF?
« Reply #1 on: April 06, 2011, 07:13:33 pm »

Well, in the jobs menu at least, it's used to remove a dwarf ("creature" I assume) from the highlighted task. I assume it would be used for the same thing in other menus, though I haven't noticed/tried it there. It's greyed out if they are performing a task they can't be removed from directly, for whatever reason.

Dwarfoloid

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 06, 2011, 07:21:37 pm »

It removes the current task from units screen as well. It certainly doesn't purge entity from the units screen, even though I wish it did.
« Last Edit: April 06, 2011, 07:23:13 pm by Dwarfoloid »

ShinWalks

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 06, 2011, 07:33:56 pm »

Well, in the jobs menu at least, it's used to remove a dwarf ("creature" I assume) from the highlighted task. I assume it would be used for the same thing in other menus, though I haven't noticed/tried it there. It's greyed out if they are performing a task they can't be removed from directly, for whatever reason.

This. It is used when a dwarf is doing something time-consuming that you want him to drop so he can do something more important. It interrupts the task and has the dwarf reassess the job requests available to him.

Urist Imiknorris

• Bay Watcher
  • In the flesh, on the phone and in your account...
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 06, 2011, 09:35:43 pm »

And half the time they choose the same damn job.
Quote from: LordSlowpoke
I don't know how it works. It does.
Quote from: Jim Groovester
YOU CANT NOT HAVE SUSPECTS IN A GAME OF MAFIA

ITS THE WHOLE POINT OF THE GAME
Quote from: Cheeetar
If Tiruin redirected the lynch, then this means that, and... the Illuminati! Of course!

Reelyanoob

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 07, 2011, 12:31:07 am »

And half the time they choose the same damn job.
Yeah, I usually only use this after reassigning labours, to kick-start the changes quicker when there's a tight deadline.

Some tasks can't be interrupted, most can.